Will Britney be able to comeback commercially?

bliss

12 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Breathe on me is a trance-techno synth song, Brave new girl is a electro-funk euro dance beat-driven song, Toxic is a bhangra dance song, Me Against The Music is a more hip-hop oriented sound but is basically a hip-hop dance song, A techno influence on Shadow, and Showdown is a dancehall song.

The guardian called ITZ as a "a happy collision of house with dreamy electro-pop"

Uhhh....the electropop sound is only more prominent in tracks such as Gimme More and Out Of This World. Otherwise, other tracks like Heaven on earth, radar and get back are more of a electro-driven dark disco sound. The album is 10x more of a avant-disco dance pop album than just "electro pop".

Also not to mention, that electro-pop indirect origins are from disco

shadow is techno influenced? wow..

I’m not much into the categorizations, but  don’t agree with most of yours..

I mean I would always wonder why a song is pop when Britney sings them, but Beyoncé get to be POP and RnB at the same time.. (because she’s colored?)  :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ColdAsFire89 said:

shadow is techno influenced? wow..

I’m not much into the categorizations, but  don’t agree with most of yours..

I mean I would always wonder why a song is pop when Britney sings them, but Beyoncé get to be POP and RnB at the same time.. (because she’s colored?)  :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

I might be wrong about Shadow tho ngl

But the other songs mentioned are confirmed electro and trance songs on ITZ

Well because Bey has always been a Rn'B artist no matter what people say

Dangerously In Love, B'Day, Sasha Fierce and 4 are pure-Rn'B records and Self-titled is a electro-Rn'B album. Lemonade is more hip-hop inclined tho.

If she puts in effort to make it a success, it will be. 

There is hype for new Britney music, especially with all the controversy surrounding her - it just depends if she wants to put herself out there again. There are SO many people rooting for her and for her to do well.

People love Britney and wish her well. They love a good 'comeback'.

I'm not bothered about how 'successful' her album will be, if there even will be a new album, along as it is something she enjoyed making and was the direction she wanted to go in, i'd be happy :) 

I'm happy with Britney doing whatever she wants when she's free, whether it be making music or living her best life quietly.

I just want her free.

2 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Disco is likely going to be incredibly overexposed, it wouldn't be unique releasing a disco-influenced album now. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Britney can do Hip-Hop right. She's barely done disco music. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Plus we all know whatever she makes is probably going to be R&B based off Glory and In the Zone. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Plus Britney never was a dance music artists. Most of her influences outside Madonna are either R&B and hip hop. She never really claimed pop music as an influence. 

2 hours ago, car said:

Absolutely she can. There is so much goodwill and love for Britney and the general public is still rooting for her and they all want her to succeed. If Britney wants to do it, she’ll be able to. It’s just up to her if she wants that life of fame. 

I think you hit the nail on the head with "If Britney wants to do it" and "Its upto her"

Those points are what i heavily agree with, of course she can do it but will she even want to after this mess? Thats a question only she can answer

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Plus Britney never was a dance music artists. Most of her influences outside Madonna are either R&B and hip hop. She never really claimed pop music as an influence. 

Agreed. Most of the artists she mentions as influences are vocal-based and they do R&B.

Outside of Janet Jackson and Madonna of course. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

And Selena Gomez. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

4 hours ago, bliss said:

Radio really starts paying dust to female artists once they hit 30, just look at Katy Perry: she had hit after hit on radio with her first 3 albums but once she cameback with Witness radio didn't play her that much anymore. Gaga is also a good example: Rain On Me was a hit but only went #14 on radio

Well 1. Because the music sucked IMO compared to her previous hits and 2. Rain On Me went #1 on BB 100 and she’s 34 

1 minute ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

Well 1. Because the music sucked IMO compared to her previous hits and 2. Rain On Me went #1 on BB 100 and she’s 34 

Ageism and sexism are still a big problem in pop radio tho, out of the current top 10 most played songs on US radio only 2 are by female artists, and they're by females in their 20s

Archived