Will Britney be able to comeback commercially?

bliss

Once the conservatorship ends and Britney's free I think she'll comeback with new music because I think she still loves making it and also loves performing but, will she be able to comeback commercially? First, a little background of Britney's career in the last years:

Although Britney Jean and Glory weren't big commercial hits, both still managed to both sell +100K first week, and the lead singles were decent hits. 

Britney released Glory at 34 and still managed to get some airplay but, if she comes back she'll be at least 39-40, and radio doesn't play women of that age. RCA didn't do a lot of promotion for her last two albums, hence why they underperformed compared to her Jive albums.

So with no radio airplay, a bad record label and coming back after at least 5 years of music inactivity, do you think Britney will be able to comeback commercially?

I personally think she could, but she would have to:

1. Leave RCA and be signed to a good record label (Interscope, Warner or Republic)

2. She would have to completely change her image and sound to generate interest within the general public, I think her singing with her natural voice and doing R&B or Rock music would definitely get the public's attention.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, bliss said:

if she comes back she'll be at least 39-40, and radio doesn't play women of that age. 

I agree with everything you said aside from the above. Obvi the music industry is still very ****** but wouldn't say it's quite that literal, especially for an already established artist. A new artist trying to start a career at 40 would have much more difficulty. Granted she may not be as successful as in her younger years, but she's still Britney!

4 minutes ago, SupTJ said:

Id imagine she'd release music for the sake of making music rather than reaching for commercial success. Shes already stated that she's got nothing to prove to anyone anymore. 

Agreed but as a fan I would love for her to continue to have commercial success especially since we don't know how her financial situation is thanks to the conservatorship

2 minutes ago, Salsa555 said:

I agree with everything you said aside from the above. Obvi the music industry is still very ****** but wouldn't say it's quite that literal, especially for an already established artist. A new artist trying to start a career at 40 would have much more difficulty. Granted she may not be as successful as in her younger years, but she's still Britney!

Radio really starts paying dust to female artists once they hit 30, just look at Katy Perry: she had hit after hit on radio with her first 3 albums but once she cameback with Witness radio didn't play her that much anymore. Gaga is also a good example: Rain On Me was a hit but only went #14 on radio

I think the only way she could be guaranteed commercial success would be if the album talks about freedom and is more representative of Britney's life because then conspiracy theories about the songs will go viral and it will catch people's eyes. :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt:

I would love hearing a sequel to Blackout or In The Zone of course but that likely won't be successful if not given good promotion. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

The only way to prove commercial success is for Britney to follow other veterans and release music and tour non stop. Not vegas. But full on 7 to 9 months tours and write her own material. Obviously she can negotiate a deal with RCA to release 3 albums of previously released bootlegged material and make that count towards the remaining of her contract and go to a new label (obviously not Sony music) maybe BMG where she'll own the masters and have more control as an independent Act. 

Yes she will! She is going to get back all the money Loucifer and her demons wasted. The Free Britney movement will only make her brand stronger not diminish it. This case sadly is taking Britney into a legendary status, there will be movies, tv shows, documentaries about her and her cship. I know that once she is free from the spawns of hell She will come stronger than yesterday and ever. This time around she will have the public on her side and her handlers will meet shame. Reckoning day is coming and Loucifer is not ready. 

First she has to leave RCA and join Warner Brothers who is a amazing record label when it comes to promoting,

Id really love to see her do a more house-"dark" disco album but with its own personality and fierceness and more personal since her best albums (Blackout and ITZ) are itself House (ITZ) and Electro-disco dance album (Blackout)  :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Absolutely she can. There is so much goodwill and love for Britney and the general public is still rooting for her and they all want her to succeed. If Britney wants to do it, she’ll be able to. It’s just up to her if she wants that life of fame. 

Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Also Hip-Hop is incredibly overexpose but if she did that with FF in 2011 it wouldve been fresh and unique but now? no :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Disco is likely going to be incredibly overexposed, it wouldn't be unique releasing a disco-influenced album now. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Britney can do Hip-Hop right. She's barely done disco music. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Plus we all know whatever she makes is probably going to be R&B based off Glory and In the Zone. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Archived