UNPOPULAR OPINION: When we all fall asleep, where do we go? was a much better debut than Baby one more time

but why even compare? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

One debuted with an album completely influenced by the 90's era, where artists could pretty much just be vocalists and it was fine, and the other came in an era that is kinda crucial that artists need to have their hands in almost all aspects of an album otherwise they are considered not talented enough. Its like comparing Apple Pie with Macarons, both delicious but popular in totally different eras of the dessert spectrum if that makes any sense :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

If I had to pick one it would be Billie's cause Im a fan and its much more her's than Baby is Britney's. And in terms of Britney's albums I never listened Baby in full anyway. All I care are the singles, I Will Be There and Soda Pop :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Both albums successfuly helped build the images they wanted to portray in pop history and I got to a point in my life that i just want to enjoy music guys, no matter who it comes from. Right now Im addicted to neither Britney nor Billie but  The Smiths, for the 10th time in my life. KEANE and Belle & Sebastian Im gonna revisit yall next   :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Billie didn’t have any influence though. The Weekend has always been releasing dark music, Madonna did it before Billie was even born, and no one has followed Billie’s lead 🤔

But Britney didnt have any influence though. Nsync has always been doing teen pop music, Backstreet boys were doing teen pop way before Britney even debuted, and nobody followeds Britneys lead

Doesnt make sense, if i put it in britneys case, does it? Exactly :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

9 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

but why even compare? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

One debuted with an album completely influenced by the 90's era, where artists could pretty much just be vocalists and it was fine, and the other came in an era that is kinda crucial that artists need to have their hands in almost all aspects of an album otherwise they are considered not talented enough. Its like comparing Apple Pie with Macarons, both delicious but popular in totally different eras of the dessert spectrum if that makes any sense :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

If I had to pick one it would be Billie's cause Im a fan and its much more her's than Baby is Britney's. And in terms of Britney's albums I never listened Baby in full anyway. All I care are the singles, I Will Be There and Soda Pop :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

Both albums successfuly helped build the images they wanted to portray in pop history and I got to a point in my life that i just want to enjoy music guys, no matter who it comes from. Right now Im addicted to neither Britney nor Billie but  The Smiths, for the 10th time in my life. KEANE and Belle & Sebastian Im gonna revisit yall next   :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

Periodt!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

But Britney didnt have any influence though. Nsync has always been doing teen pop music, Backstreet boys were doing teen pop way before Britney even debuted, and nobody followeds Britneys lead

Doesnt make sense, if i put it in britneys case, does it? Exactly :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Britney influenced a whole generation of artists... She made it okay to be young and ******, she made it okay to be shameless about the clothes you wear, and she pushed the boundaries of what a music video or performance could be. She was also one of the first artists, if not the first, to openly embrace her sexuality as a female in this industry. She’s done a lot more for pop music and entertainment than Billie ever has or will

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

Britney influenced a whole generation of artists... She made it okay to be young and ******, she made it okay to be shameless about the clothes you wear, and she pushed the boundaries of what a music video or performance could be. She was also one of the first artists, if not the first, to openly embrace her sexuality as a female in this industry. She’s done a lot more for pop music and entertainment than Billie ever has or will

I like how you guys are still trying to change the discussion when britneys influence was not even on this topic. I already know how much of a influence Britney is but this isnt what i am talking about. The dark sound was not made trendy by Billie but she did pioneer the sound last year. I just said Billies album in terms of music is better, do i have to say it again or should i decipher it like it is some cavemen language to understand?

14 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I like how you guys are still trying to change the discussion when britneys influence was not even on this topic. I already know how much of a influence Britney is but this isnt what i am talking about. The dark sound was not made trendy by Billie but she did pioneer the sound last year. I just said Billies album in terms of music is better, do i have to say it again or should i decipher it like it is some cavemen language to understand?

Ok but 

More than any other single artist, Britney Spears was the driving force behind the return of teen pop in the late '90s. The blockbuster success of the Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys certainly paved the way for her own commercial breakthrough, but Spears didn't just become a star — she was a bona fide pop phenomenon.

6 minutes ago, Bundy said:

@Blackout2006 @Hooked-On-Knee @Lemon_Drop

I dont think there are many teens here, so I have a question for u guys 

How have u guys found Britney? I mean, when did u hear a Britneys song for the first, which one was it and when u began stanning her? Im just curious :fran_frog_meme_green:

The first song I ever heard  of hers was Oops!... I Did It Again when I was like 4, I heard it at a birthday party. I have known about Britney all my life though because I remember when she was really popular in the early 2010s

Last year, I was on the school bus with my friend and she told me to check out "That 'Oops!... I Did It Again song by Mariah Carey'." :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

So I looked it up and I couldn't any song by Mariah Carey called Oops!... I Did It Again so i clicked on the music video on the official Britney Spears YouTube channel. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I literally had never seen anything like this, before this I hated music in general and never listened to it and I thought the performances from the pop stars then were super boring but I could NOT stop listening to the song, then I clicked on her official YouTube channel to listen to some more and I listened to ...Baby One More Time all like " :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:". For a while I stuck to listening to music from Britney's first 2 albums only due to the fact I was scared to delve into stuff beyond that because I was young. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

Then one day I got brave and watched her performance of I'm a Slave 4 U at the 2001 VMAs and the whole time I was in awe like as soon as Britney brought the snake out, I was like " :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: " so I started slowly going through the rest of her discography but very slowly because I wanted to savour it. Then it just became that everyday I was listening to Britney, talking about her, looking her up and I realized I was going to be a fan for life. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

Sorry if this was long. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 2
On 9/20/2020 at 1:49 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Thing is, teen pop was popular for boy groups and girl groups but not teenage female solo artists. Britney was rejected from some record labels because they wanted girl groups and boy groups. People DID follow Britney's lead because after that teenage pop female solo artists started becoming popular, Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Christina Aguilera, etc.

Dark pop music was already popular and pioneered before Billie. Which big pop stars started doing dark pop after Billie? Who followed her lead?

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

And thats where you are wrong. :bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching: Britney was one of the artists that made pop come back. Huge influence

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Bundy said:

@Blackout2006 @Hooked-On-Knee @Lemon_Drop

I dont think there are many teens here, so I have a question for u guys 

How have u guys found Britney? I mean, when did u hear a Britneys song for the first, which one was it and when u began stanning her? Im just curious :fran_frog_meme_green:

The first song I heard was probably TTWE, all the way back in 2011 or 2012. Back then I was very little though, and I didn't know who she was.

Fast forward to 2015, I was a Lady Gaga and Avril Lavigne fan, and I guess that by knowing about them by extension I knew about Britney. I don't remember why exactly, but in late 2015 I started getting more and more into her, and by early 2016 I had already listened to all of her albums (my favorite was ITZ), her unreleased songs and watched her tours and performances, and around that same time I began lurking here. At the time I was already keeping up with POM and the rumors about B9.

Then came the BBMAs performance and I was stunned :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised: And then Make Me was released. I was absolutely in love when I first heard it. That was when I became a stan, and because of it MM holds a very special place in my heart  :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Sorry I couldn't provide more details like @Hooked-On-Knee did, they are just so fuzzy for whatever reason.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

The first song I ever heard  of hers was Oops!... I Did It Again when I was like 4, I heard it at a birthday party. I have known about Britney all my life though because I remember when she was really popular in the early 2010s

Last year, I was on the school bus with my friend and she told me to check out "That 'Oops!... I Did It Again song by Mariah Carey'." :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

So I looked it up and I couldn't any song by Mariah Carey called Oops!... I Did It Again so i clicked on the music video on the official Britney Spears YouTube channel. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

I literally had never seen anything like this, before this I hated music in general and never listened to it and I thought the performances from the pop stars then were super boring but I could NOT stop listening to the song, then I clicked on her official YouTube channel to listen to some more and I listened to ...Baby One More Time all like " :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:". For a while I stuck to listening to music from Britney's first 2 albums only due to the fact I was scared to delve into stuff beyond that because I was young. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

Then one day I got brave and watched her performance of I'm a Slave 4 U at the 2001 VMAs and the whole time I was in awe like as soon as Britney brought the snake out, I was like " :pumped_britney_excited_yay_pumped: " so I started slowly going through the rest of her discography but very slowly because I wanted to savour it. Then it just became that everyday I was listening to Britney, talking about her, looking her up and I realized I was going to be a fan for life. :tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily:

Sorry if this was long. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

So when ur friend told u to check Oops by Mariah (LOL), did u remember the song from when u heard at 4 years old?

People here always want to say Britney havent been relevant to kids since 2008 or whatever but she was really popular until 2012. And every time that kids channel puts a Britney song or a video on its videos, almost every teenager knows her songs or at least who she is and her classics. 

Oops is a really cool video, Im glad u liked it. So u never heard BOMT before looking for more Britneys videos last year? 

Her prime was smt to experience! It was such a good time to be a kid! 

Haha I think Britneys albums are safe for children until Britney but I know kids these days listen to rap or way more obscene songs. 

Which album is ur favorite? What did u think when u watched the 2000 VMAs performance for the first time? Lol 

Im glad u became a fan, u seem such a reasonable kid! Btw how old r u? Lol