UNPOPULAR OPINION: When we all fall asleep, where do we go? was a much better debut than Baby one more time

5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I am not saying success or era wise it was bigger, but i am saying that sonically, and artistically wise Billies debut runs circles around BOMT

Except for the title track which outbeats the whole album but moving on

I haven't heard that album yet... By the topic I tought you were about to talk about dreams and kind of fantasy related to BOMT, sorry.

Baby One More Time Dancing GIF by Britney Spears

Edited by Dussiniers
misspelling
  • Love 1

I like Billie and BOMT has some fillers, but some songs are better than anything I heard from Billie so far so imo in the end BOMT still wins.

Im ready for the downvotes but tbh my favorite album by a teenager is Avril's Let Go. I loved back when I was a kid and I still love it now. Funny how 16-17 years old Avril had more mature songs than 30 years old Avril with Hello Kitty bs and other silly songs :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

"When we all fall asleep, where do we go?"

The new generation artists are so insignificant, that I opened the topic thinking it was about spiritual things like where your soul goes when you sleep, things like sleep paralysis or spiritual projection :enigma_alien_blue::enigma_alien_blue:

And then I think: How can this ******* be related to the BOMT? :enigma_alien_blue:

• Haha 5
19 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I like Billie and BOMT has some fillers, but some songs are better than anything I heard from Billie so far so imo in the end BOMT still wins.

Im ready for the downvotes but tbh my favorite album by a teenager is Avril's Let Go. I loved back when I was a kid and I still love it now.

Omg yes! :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed: Let Go is amazing :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

They both are also influential if u see it :omgreallyney_britney_oh_omg_god_my_shocked_wow_really_in_the_zone_2003:

BOMT reinforced and pioneered the teen-pop sound back

And

WWAFA, WDWG? Reinforced and pioneered the depressed, dark sound 

:ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white:

Billie didn’t have any influence though. The Weekend has always been releasing dark music, Madonna did it before Billie was even born, and no one has followed Billie’s lead 🤔

• Haha 1
  • Like 1