UNPOPULAR OPINION: When we all fall asleep, where do we go? was a much better debut than Baby one more time

18 hours ago, Bundy said:

So when ur friend told u to check Oops by Mariah (LOL), did u remember the song from when u heard at 4 years old?

People here always want to say Britney havent been relevant to kids since 2008 or whatever but she was really popular until 2012. And every time that kids channel puts a Britney song or a video on its videos, almost every teenager knows her songs or at least who she is and her classics. 

Oops is a really cool video, Im glad u liked it. So u never heard BOMT before looking for more Britneys videos last year? 

Yeah i remembered the melody and some of the lyrics, I just thought she was referring to a different song! 

Yeah, I don't know a single person my age who doesn't know at least one of her songs.

I think I had heard maybe a little bit of ...Baby One More Time but never in full and I'm pretty sure i

Her prime was smt to experience! It was such a good time to be a kid! 

That makes me jealous haha! If you don't mind me asking, when was she the most popular? During the ...Baby One More Time era and the Oops!... I Did It Again eras or during the Britney and In The Zone eras? :)

Haha I think Britneys albums are safe for children until Britney but I know kids these days listen to rap or way more obscene songs. 

Which album is ur favorite? What did u think when u watched the 2000 VMAs performance for the first time? Lol 

Yeah, I don't really listen to most of the rap music that's mainstream now a days haha. My favourites go back and forth between Britney (2001), In The Zone and Blackout so those are the ones in my trinity. What are yours?

When I first saw her 2000 VMAs performance, I didn't think it was intentional and I thought that she didn't notice her pants were coming out so I was being like " :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: " and then Britney ripped it all off and started doing the rest of the performance and I was being like " :mjpopcorn_Michael_Jackson_popcorn_chew_eat_movie_watch_thriller:"

• Love 2

You’re most likely comparing the two albums because they were both very young and about the same age when they debuted. Billie grew up home schooled and had proper attention growing up which has given her a high skill level of writing music and generating more emotional mature content. She’s actually the total opposite of Brit who was more of a product of her label and generated more obvious kid appealing sounds. So yes I would agree it’s better but at the end of the day that’s subjective and nothing will top Baby’s impact as a debut. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Yeah i remembered the melody and some of the lyrics, I just thought she was referring to a different song! 

Yeah, I don't know a single person my age who doesn't know at least one of her songs.

I think I had ehard maybe a little bit of ...Baby One More Time but never in full and I'm pretty sure i

That makes me jealous haha! If you don't mind me asking, when was she the most popular? During the ...Baby One More Time era and the Oops!... I Did It Again eras or during the Britney and In The Zone eras? :)

Yeah, I don't really listen to most of the rap music that's mainstream now a days haha. My favourites go back and forth between Britney (2001), In The Zone and Blackout so those are the ones in my trinity. What are yours?

When I first saw her 2000 VMAs performance, I didn't think it was intentional and I thought that she didn't notice her pants were coming out so I was being like " :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: " and then Britney ripped it all off and started doing the rest of the performance and I was being like " :mjpopcorn_Michael_Jackson_popcorn_chew_eat_movie_watch_thriller:"

Haha gotcha!

Idk why many fans keep pretending she became Jessica Simpson or smt but oh well. ofc she isnt half as popular as Ariana, Taylor or Billie are nowadays but she still is one of the most famous people in the world and one of the most succesful artists ever. 

Baby is more played than Oops, same with Toxic. Thats why I asked. 

U can ask anything! :)

Well, tbh is hard to measure Britneys prime like that, even more bceven from North America or Europe, but Ill give u my opinion from what I heard/saw/remember from back then. In 1999 Britney was the biggest new act, BOMT would become her best selling album ever and she became famous everywhere in 1999. She was already like a phenomen but I still think she "came back" stronger and harder in 2000. By 2000 she was already the biggest star in the world, Oops first week sales records was a huge deal back then and of course everyone was interested in her love life: if she met  Prince William when he was crushing on her, If she was really dating Justin. She shocked the world with the VMAs performance and was at the cover of Forbes Magazine that year. In 2001 her sales declined a little bit, but she was the pop Princess. She outdid herself at the VMAs, people were shocked by Slaves video. She was the Pepsi girl and promoted other brands, like some sneakers. She was on the cover of Vogue magazine, again on Forbes. She was huge in Europe even when her singles started "flopping" in the USA. She had 3 number one albums in 3 years in the USA. She promoted a lot of Britney and basically there was no way you wouldnt hear about her, she was everywhere. She sang with MJ. In 2002 she became the Forbes' most powerful celebrity in the world and she was so big that when she announced she would take a break for 6 months, she made headlines all over the world. People just couldnt accept that the worlds biggest star would stop for a while. There were articles talking about how Justin couldnt do an interview without being asked about her, that people/media were more interested in what he had with Britney than his solo career, also bc Nsync was never huge as she was outside USA. I think in 2002 she also was on other commercials like Toyota. I dont remember the numbers exactly but by 2002 she already had sold 50 million albums or smt like that and she was only 20 years old. In 2003 she was on the cover of every magazine, again the VMAs was a huge deal. 
So I cant even sum up everything I remember bc she ruled the world for 4/5 years in a row. So tbh I wouldnt know to say to u when I felt it was really her peak. Imo her peak was all these years bc she had huge sales, impact, influence, controversy, was on the cover of important newspapers for the most silly things. Her image was everywhere, everyone was talking about her. She had it all. Ever since I havent seen anyones peak like Britneys. She just had the star factor and everyone was obsessed with her, even if it was to talk **** about her. It was like: boys wanted to be with her and girls wanted to be her. Of course she had many haters, but she was so big that they spent time doing websites just to hate her, pathetic lol 

Idk If u ever saw this so im going to post here, it talks about Britneys impact and influence in the first 2 years of her career.

0:55

I also think music nowadays is kinda trash. I would say that Ariana, Billie and Harry are good tho. I love Blackout and In the Zone. They are really my favorites. I think Britney has really good songs, but some I dont like that much. I love FF and Glory too. 

Haha yeah her pants began showing before it was time, but she handled like a pro. Tbh I still live for that performance, she gave her all and slayed everyone! 

3 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Thank you so much! You're very kind! I wouldn't really mind telling you my age range in private but just because this forum is public, I'll just say I'm probably the youngest person here and was born in the late '00s. :)

Ure welcome! Oh, I understand that! U seem such a nice kid, Im glad there are kids like u these days, this generation seems like a lost cause sometimes :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

4 hours ago, Lemon_Drop said:

The first song I heard was probably TTWE, all the way back in 2011 or 2012. Back then I was very little though, and I didn't know who she was.

Fast forward to 2015, I was a Lady Gaga and Avril Lavigne fan, and I guess that by knowing about them by extension I knew about Britney. I don't remember why exactly, but in late 2015 I started getting more and more into her, and by early 2016 I had already listened to all of her albums (my favorite was ITZ), her unreleased songs and watched her tours and performances, and around that same time I began lurking here. At the time I was already keeping up with POM and the rumors about B9.

Then came the BBMAs performance and I was stunned :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised: And then Make Me was released. I was absolutely in love when I first heard it. That was when I became a stan, and because of it MM holds a very special place in my heart  :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Sorry I couldn't provide more details like @Hooked-On-Knee did, they are just so fuzzy for whatever reason.

Oh I loved ur story as well! Thats really cool how BBMA and Glory made some people become fans. I also like MM a lot, too bad that video is a joke. 

Do u still like Gaga and Avril? I liked Avril a lot when I was a kid, nowadays I still love her old stuff but Im not into her new stuff tbh. There was a huge rivalry between Britney and Gaga in 2011, maybe thats why in 2015 u still associated them and of course Gaga would praise her a lot back in the day. 

TTWE was a big hit so I can see how kids in 2011/2012 first heard about Britney bc of FFs singles or S&S. 

12 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Oh I loved ur story as well! Thats really cool how BBMA and Glory made some people become fans. I also like MM a lot, too bad that video is a joke. 

They really did MM dirty :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: I was so hyped for the video. I almost screamed when I got the YT notification, but after I watched it I was like :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: Trust me, I wanted to be positive about it, I gave up though :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

18 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Do u still like Gaga and Avril?

Yes, but I'm not as into them as I used to be. I haven't listened to neither of their new albums :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

20 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I liked Avril a lot when I was a kid, nowadays I still love her old stuff but Im not into her new stuff tbh.

Same.

21 minutes ago, Bundy said:

There was a huge rivalry between Britney and Gaga in 2011, maybe thats why in 2015 u still associated them and of course Gaga would praise her a lot back in the day. 

I actually didn't know anything about a rivalry :disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow: I thought they were always on good terms. What happened?

6 hours ago, Bundy said:

@Blackout2006 @Hooked-On-Knee @Lemon_Drop

I dont think there are many teens here, so I have a question for u guys 

How have u guys found Britney? I mean, when did u hear a Britneys song for the first, which one was it and when u began stanning her? Im just curious :fran_frog_meme_green:

There are more teens actually in Exhale... @bliss, @Towelney, @MrPieceOfMe...alot more!

Well my story is i was a HUGE fan of Roblox, and there used to be those Cute Roblox Parodies of Music Videos that used to be...really popular back in 2013-2015.

So, when i used to watch those Roblox MVs, many of them would be from Britney Spears and in specific, her videos If You Seek Amy, Criminal and Toxic

So my earliest memory of Britney was 2013 or 14, when i discovered the If You Seek Amy (that was when i didn't realize what the songs actually about :orangu_orangutan_ape:) on this Roblox MV:

The videos were creepy (for 7 year old me) but i be jamming like :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:. Then i also discovered Criminal from this Roblox MV:

And Toxic i came to knew of from 2017 because of ANOTHER Roblox MV so you could say Roblox basically introduced me to Britney moo-jpg--orangu-jpg.jpeg.ce83fb5428cf44d2c1b6d88bb522560f.jpeg.df59b9ca2216f0f7a24233fa07c4d863.jpeg

Then in 2018, i hated the music scene since Pop was dead, Trap and rap were dominating, and life was ****, so through that period, i decided to venture into Britney's music. I started with her self-titled Britney and ended it with...probably Glory or OIDIA. Then i became a instant fan, since her discography was :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: Also my sister is a millenial and growing up, she was a huge fan of Britney Spears, so i did grow up hearing some of her music.

Her sng "Someday" also really helped me in my hardest times.

Now that the pop scene is loaded with so many stars, i am more open to new genres, i dont listen to Brit regularly, but she was the one who dominated my 2018 Music charts :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

There are more teens actually in Exhale... @bliss, @Towelney, @MrPieceOfMe...alot more!

Well my story is i was a HUGE fan of Roblox, and there used to be those Cute Roblox Parodies of Music Videos that used to be...really popular back in 2013-2015.

So, when i used to watch those Roblox MVs, many of them would be from Britney Spears and in specific, her videos If You Seek Amy, Criminal and Toxic

So my earliest memory of Britney was 2013 or 14, when i discovered the If You Seek Amy (that was when i didn't realize what the songs actually about :orangu_orangutan_ape:) on this Roblox MV:

The videos were creepy (for 7 year old me) but i be jamming like :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:. Then i also discovered Criminal from this Roblox MV:

And Toxic i came to knew of from 2017 because of ANOTHER Roblox MV so you could say Roblox basically introduced me to Britney moo-jpg--orangu-jpg.jpeg.ce83fb5428cf44d2c1b6d88bb522560f.jpeg.df59b9ca2216f0f7a24233fa07c4d863.jpeg

Then in 2018, i hated the music scene since Pop was dead, Trap and rap were dominating, and life was ****, so through that period, i decided to venture into Britney's music. I started with her self-titled Britney and ended it with...probably Glory or OIDIA. Then i became a instant fan, since her discography was :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: Also my sister is a millenial and growing up, she was a huge fan of Britney Spears, so i did grow up hearing some of her music.

Now that the pop scene is loaded with so many stars, i am more open to new genres, i dont listen to Brit regularly, but she was the one who dominated my 2018 Music charts :wink_britney_everytime_white:

well for me the first memory I have of Britney is being like 6 singing karaoke versions of BOMT and Womanizer. In 2011-2012 Criminal was one of my fav songs, somehow I had it on my phone and would play it so much. I started stanning in 2016 when her BBMAs performance came on the suggested videos on YT so I watched it and loved it, after that I watched the I'm A Slave 4 U video and I've been a stan ever since. I remember waiting for Make Me to come out and when it did I listened to it like 30 times just on the release day, then Glory came out and I loved it so much it was my most played album of 2016 I was addicted to it back then, so yeah the Glory era made me stan even harder

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, bliss said:

well for me the first memory I have of Britney is being like 6 singing karaoke versions of BOMT and Womanizer. In 2011-2012 Criminal was one of my fav songs, somehow I had it on my phone and would play it so much. I started stanning in 2016 when her BBMAs performance came on the suggested videos on YT so I watched it and loved it, after that I watched the I'm A Slave 4 U video and I've been a stan ever since. I remember waiting for Make Me to come out and when it did I listened to it like 30 times just on the release day, then Glory came out and I loved it so much it was my most played album of 2016 I was addicted to it back then, so yeah the Glory era made me stan even harder

I think Criminal is part of all Gen Z Britney Fans childhood :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, bliss said:

it's so nostalgic for me and it still sounds so good so I never understood why some fans hate it

Yeah, im not a big fan of the MV but the song is a really good song. The song flopped in terms of charts and stuff like that, but its honestly nostalgic for so many Gen Zers and technically, was a hit in our generation :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Lemon_Drop said:

They really did MM dirty :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: I was so hyped for the video. I almost screamed when I got the YT notification, but after I watched it I was like :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: Trust me, I wanted to be positive about it, I gave up though :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Yes, but I'm not as into them as I used to be. I haven't listened to neither of their new albums :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

Same.

I actually didn't know anything about a rivalry :disbelief_britney_surprised_shocked_wow: I thought they were always on good terms. What happened?

Every other Britney lead single had amazing videos, then theres MM, probably her worst video ever after Pretty Mess. Since its release I probably just watched a couple of times more because tbf she looks so good :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: her body is on fire, but that laughing hyenas is too much for my ears. 

Same here. I really liked Gaga from 2008-2010 then I began liking her new stuff more in 2015/2016. Avril I heard her latest lead single and it didnt do anything for me.

No, I meant the fans. I remember there was rivalry between the fans in 2011. A lot of Britneys fans didnt like Gaga back then and a lot of Gaga fans also hated Britney. I dont know if a lot of little Monsters still hate Britney like they used to tho, but I think exhale have been embracing more Lady Gaga in the past few years. 

12 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I never heard about Roblox before :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

But thats cool that introduced Britney to u. I cant believe u found out about IUSA and Criminal first than Toxic tho haha 

Funny to know that u began her discography with Britney since its her least streamed album on Spotify. Its videos arent also the most streamed on YouTube. But its cool bc I feel like 'Britney' is really overlooked by casual fans or GP. Also funny that u listened Oops last bc its one of her most successful and famous albums lol 

Thats so cool that u sister also introduced Britney to u! 

Im glad Someday helped u some way, its really a touching and beautiful song. I always wondered if Preston knows about its existence since its not that popular outside the fan base. 

I understand that, I havent been listening her a lot as well bc theres no new music and also I try my best to not stream anything from her anymore. 

9 hours ago, bliss said:

So cool that u were first introduced to BOMT and Womanizer, loved Criminal but what really made u a stan was BBMAs, a little bit of Slave and MM. I really like Glory even tho its my favorite album from her. 

Where r u from?