UNPOPULAR OPINION: When we all fall asleep, where do we go? was a much better debut than Baby one more time

5 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I never heard about Roblox before :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Its a VERY popular multiplayer game. It mostly consist of young people but i really suggest the game, its FULL of fun, trust me :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

7 minutes ago, Bundy said:

But thats cool that introduced Britney to u. I cant believe u found out about IUSA and Criminal first than Toxic tho haha 

Well because i think with Roblox MVs when it came too Britney, If You Seek Amy and Criminal were really popular choices to choose even though Toxic, was as popular lol. 

8 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Funny to know that u began her discography with Britney since its her least streamed album on Spotify. Its videos arent also the most streamed on YouTube. But its cool bc I feel like 'Britney' is really overlooked by casual fans or GP. Also funny that u listened Oops last bc its one of her most successful and famous albums lol 

Yeah because you know i have heard so many fans say this was her peak so i already wanted to jump with this album already. I didnt go chronologically lol, i just picked up an album and streamed :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Blackout was a grower for me, because at first i thought it was fine, but then after sometime, it was EVERYTHING :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: 

10 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Thats so cool that u sister also introduced Britney to u! 

Yeah she really was a huge fan of Britney, she even had the DWAD tour DVD :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

11 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Im glad Someday helped u some way, its really a touching and beautiful song. I always wondered if Preston knows about its existence since its not that popular outside the fan base. 

Its really is her best ballad in my opinion, because after my tumultuous year, it really gave me an insight as to maybe there is a reason to why it happened to me but it really did help me recover :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

12 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I understand that, I havent been listening her a lot as well bc theres no new music and also I try my best to not stream anything from her anymore. 

Yeah but as i am in my teen phase, its really that phase in someones life where u open yr music horizons. Since i listen to so much music these days, i dont oftenly listen to her.

8 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Funny that it was quite popular on tik tok as well lol 

Yeah actually!

Once i even saw a Tik tok of Sometimes lol it was a cute vid

9 hours ago, bliss said:

it's so nostalgic for me and it still sounds so good so I never understood why some fans hate it

I remember back in 2011 people were frustrated bc everyone loved Inside Out and wanted as a single. She did really good on Billboard hot 100 with FFs singles so everyone thought IO would be a hit as well bc it was also one of the standout tracks of FF. Then Britneys team made the poll of which single should be the next and a lot of us didnt believe many fans voted more for Criminal lol I mean, imo it was stupid. Of course there wasnt a guarantee that IO would be a hit, but I do think it had more chance than Criminal of doing good as a 4th single. So maybe If fans had chosen IO instead, it would have become a hit and maybe maybe we would have Criminal as a 5th single and no one would care if it flopped... but Criminal def killed the momentum.

But I love the song and the video. 

9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yeah, im not a big fan of the MV but the song is a really good song. The song flopped in terms of charts and stuff like that, but its honestly nostalgic for so many Gen Zers and technically, was a hit in our generation :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I really like the video but some scenes with Jason really grossed me out so after the video, I began seeing him with other eyes. Criminal did quite good in some European countries but in the USA was really a flop compared to the other 3 singles. But yeah, its funny how its remembered by a lot of people till today. It was a huge hit in my country. 

6 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I really like the video but some scenes with Jason really grossed me out so after the video, I began seeing him with other eyes. Criminal did quite good in some European countries but in the USA was really a flop compared to the other 3 singles. But yeah, its funny how its remembered by a lot of people till today. It was a huge hit in my country. 

Yesss, i disliked the video to whole another level, because its really just vulgar, and not brit at all.

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Its a VERY popular multiplayer game. It mostly consist of young people but i really suggest the game, its FULL of fun, trust me :cardi_b_yes_tongue_haha_cocky:

Well because i think with Roblox MVs when it came too Britney, If You Seek Amy and Criminal were really popular choices to choose even though Toxic, was as popular lol. 

Yeah because you know i have heard so many fans say this was her peak so i already wanted to jump with this album already. I didnt go chronologically lol, i just picked up an album and streamed :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Blackout was a grower for me, because at first i thought it was fine, but then after sometime, it was EVERYTHING :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: 

Yeah she really was a huge fan of Britney, she even had the DWAD tour DVD :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

Its really is her best ballad in my opinion, because after my tumultuous year, it really gave me an insight as to maybe there is a reason to why it happened to me but it really did help me recover :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Yeah but as i am in my teen phase, its really that phase in someones life where u open yr music horizons. Since i listen to so much music these days, i dont oftenly listen to her.

Yeah actually!

Once i even saw a Tik tok of Sometimes lol it was a cute vid

I believe in u, its just that Im not into games lol 

Yeah, I can see that... IUSA and Criminal were more fresh back then so it makes sense they would do these ones before her classics. 

I think 1998-2004 was her peak. It was always difficult for me to say which era was her peak because from 99-04 she had it all and ruled the world. Its really hard to measure her success, popularity, fame, impact and influence bc she was a phenomenon. She became so huge and known everywhere that every blonde trying to dance would be compared to her or said she was the "latin Britney" and so on. Shakira was huge in Latin America for years but only in 2001 she started getting recognition in North America so people thought she was new and compared her to Britney, saying she was copying Britney. Shakira had her debut album many years before Britney's but she only became successful with her third. Coincidentally Slave was shot around the time Whenever, Wherever was shot by the same director and Britney did some belly dance moves as well, smt Shakira did all her life but americans didnt know by that point. Anyway, for example I feel like Britney gave her all on DWAT that had great production, but she danced effortlessly on Onyx tour, the choreography was harder. 'Britney' is def underrated but I think id recommend ITZ first to a non fan. I always loved Blackout but its more electropop, more darker so I think non fans would probably like ITZ better. 

Too bad ur sister isnt a fan anymore lol 

I like Everytime more. I wish Britney would have more freedom/input/desire to do more songs like this in the furture. I loved it when she started getting more personal on her songs. Everytime was a beautiful response to Never Again. But Im glad that Someday helped u, I hope ure better now, I know how teen years can be though! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Yeah it makes sense that you arent listening her that much anymore with all the releases this year as well. 

I never saw a tik tok with Sometimes lol tbh I dont like that song that much :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yesss, i disliked the video to whole another level, because its really just vulgar, and not brit at all.

I think Jason didnt help either lol I never liked Ktrash but I was never bothered by him in MP bc it was ****, but kinda mysterious. Jason on the other hand is all over the Criminal video, Idk why he gave me the creepy vibes, many scenes were really unecessary and I dont know how Britney went for it while on her "im a mom now" phase. 

2 hours ago, Bundy said:

So cool that u were first introduced to BOMT and Womanizer, loved Criminal but what really made u a stan was BBMAs, a little bit of Slave and MM. I really like Glory even tho its my favorite album from her. 

Where r u from? 

Southern Europe, I know Britney was quite popular here during her early years before I was born (the BOMT cd I have my aunt gave it to me and its the one she bought back in 1999 and she doesn't even buy cds so that's how popular that album was), in the late 00s and early 2010s there were bigger popstars than her (Shakira, Beyoncé, Gaga, Katy, etc) here but she still had known songs here (Till the world ends, criminal, scream & shout and work b)

4 minutes ago, bliss said:

Southern Europe, I know Britney was quite popular here during her early years before I was born (the BOMT cd I have my aunt gave it to me and its the one she bought back in 1999 and she doesn't even buy cds so that's how popular that album was), in the late 00s and early 2010s there were bigger popstars than her (Shakira, Beyoncé, Gaga, Katy, etc) here but she still had known songs here (Till the world ends, criminal, scream & shout and work b)

Italy? Spain? Portugal? Greece? 

Tbh no one of these girls had the peak Britney had in her prime. I saw a while back a thread comparing Britneys success in Europe with other pop stars, she was really huge. Madonna, Shakira and Gaga were also huge. I was suprised to see that Taylor, Beyoncé and Ariana were never that big when it comes to having many number one singles in many European countries and Rihanna had more than Beyoncé. 

On 9/19/2020 at 5:25 AM, Blackout2006 said:

I am not saying success or era wise it was bigger, but i am saying that sonically, and artistically wise Billies debut runs circles around BOMT

Except for the title track which outbeats the whole album but moving on

It's not really an unpopular opinon when I don't think many other people would even make the comparison. In terms of sheer influence though the fact of the matter is that very few albums have had the same type of impact that Baby one more time has had. In fact one could argue that (and I actually Billie E. would probably agree) she would not have had a debut album without BOMT it opened a lot of doors for most if not all the young female artistist  of today. 

• Love 1
On 9/19/2020 at 4:58 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Chile, just because i am a Katycat doesnt mean u use my stan card against me :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Well being part of a debut era or not, you can ask a rational and UNBIASED person who have experienced both and ask them which album is music-wise better, and u will get the answer with a billie package :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

And no, i am totally fine without my anti-depressants and doing fine stanning and knowing which album obviously is better :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Did you make this thread just to find people to circle jerk your love for Billie with you? This is a Britney Forum. Girl what are you doing here? Lol.

Frankly you cannot compare the two.  Britney's era was a million years different than Billie's who has the backing of social media,  a depressing generation and the  landscape for such music to grow.  The late 90s was a completely different ballpark. It was better times, people wanted bubble gum pop. Women had a hard time getting in the industry,  far further a struggle than now. There's no comparison here,  other than the fact they are both artists they are not really colleagues or peers. Generationally they have nothing in common so to compare debuts is dumb. Britney also was a huge phenomenon that I'm sorry,  but Billie cannot claim.  She fits right in with the likes of radio hits Post Malone, the Weeknd and Halsey and sure she is unique enough,  but you have no idea her staying power in the industry as of now. All of this goes into "the better debut". Britney's album isn't the best in the world,  far from but the experience of the phenomenon that proceeded the album was insane.  One that Billie Eilish has yet to have.  

Also Bad Guy has a nice sound but imo it's a trash song and I cannot stand the "i'm the baaaaaaaaad guy DUuUUh!" Part. It's so cringe.  BOMT though. That's a classic everyone can sing along to.  That's just my opinion though.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Bundy said:

Yeah, I can see that... IUSA and Criminal were more fresh back then so it makes sense they would do these ones before her classics. 

However, toxic is still very popular within our generation. Its truly a timeless classic :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

think 1998-2004 was her peak. It was always difficult for me to say which era was her peak because from 99-04 she had it all and ruled the world. Its really hard to measure her success, popularity, fame, impact and influence bc she was a phenomenon. She became so huge and known everywhere that every blonde trying to dance would be compared to her or said she was the "latin Britney" and so on. Shakira was huge in Latin America for years but only in 2001 she started getting recognition in North America so people thought she was new and compared her to Britney, saying she was copying Britney. Shakira had her debut album many years before Britney's but she only became successful with her third. Coincidentally Slave was shot around the time Whenever, Wherever was shot by the same director and Britney did some belly dance moves as well, smt Shakira did all her life but americans didnt know by that point. Anyway, for example I feel like Britney gave her all on DWAT that had great production, but she danced effortlessly on Onyx tour, the choreography was harder. 'Britney' is def underrated but I think id recommend ITZ first to a non fan. I always loved Blackout but its more electropop, more darker so I think non fans would probably like ITZ better. 

Yeah she was really huge at the time, but i never thought of seeing her discography chronologically lol :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I would just pick an album from her and hit play

Too bad ur sister isnt a fan anymore lol 

She still is! but doesnt check for her anymore. She was even there in the circus/comeback era after leaving britney after all the drama in 2007

I like Everytime more. I wish Britney would have more freedom/input/desire to do more songs like this in the furture. I loved it when she started getting more personal on her songs. Everytime was a beautiful response to Never Again. But Im glad that Someday helped u, I hope ure better now, I know how teen years can be though! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

It really did help me in my rough times :) 

Yeah it makes sense that you arent listening her that much anymore with all the releases this year as well. 

Yeah this year was a good year for pop music so thats why im leaving to different music and since in yr teen phases, u usually start hearing more than 1 genre so

I never saw a tik tok with Sometimes lol tbh I dont like that song that much :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

Its a cute song but i see why u dont like it lol