Watch Paris Hilton's YouTube documentary: This is Paris

I just finished watching, it was actually a pretty powerful story when it got the bit about the abuse, confinement, and drugging she experienced in the troubled teen program. I think it really gives some important dimension to why she seems to commiserate with Britney so much, they not only had a similar experience being it girls in the 00's but they've also experienced the darker side of life in similar ways. 

It's so sad that the experience seemed to have scarred so many years later, possibly for life. It's heartbreaking that Brit continues to endure these abuses and how they may continue to affect her for long after she's free. I'm very glad that she's given the issue a platform and I'm grateful for her remarks about Britney's situation last week. I think/hope she's angling to become a spokesperson for this type of abuse and it'll strengthen her ability to bring Britney's case to the forefront. 

Some people doubt the #freebritney is a problem because her dad is in charge and her family is involved, but I think the scene where Paris shares the truth with her mother truly shoes how in certain families, even loving parents can be cold and callous to their kids. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TakeYourHand said:

Paris and Britney are sooooo different. Paris was born into wealth and Britney the opposite. The one thing they have in common is having their sense of control taken away resulting in rebellion. Paris also made a great point about her missing out on childhood and having a hard time growing up. No offense to Britney but she’s very childlike at times and that’s probably a normal result of her working her entire childhood almost. It was a great documentary but I do feel a lot of people will have a hard time accepting her as human when she was born into privilege. I love her regardless. It makes sense why she loves Britney so much. She can really identify with her on a human level even though their backgrounds are so different. 

Seriously.  Paris may have been made fun of but she never got disrespect at the level that Britney got it.  As quiet as it is kept, there is an unspoken class system amongst white people and poor white people are looked at as the worst of the worst.

• Like 2

I watched it earlier. I was left a bit disappointed. I think it had amazing potential but ended up falling short. They seemed to want to show the contrast between her character persona & the "real" Paris, and that was just wasted time. I think that was unnecessary because it's already very well documented that she plays a character when in public or while being filmed. I would have liked the whole documentary to focus on the "real" part. I also wish she wouldn't have done press prior to its release so that we didn't go into it already knowing about the abuse at the school. Lastly,  I found myself really wanting to hear about her time in jail. Given the abuse she endured earlier in her life, I can only imagine how hard it was to be locked up. It also made me wonder why she would have put herself in the position to go to jail, given how much trauma she was carrying with her. 

• Love 4

I liked it but since I knew she was this smart business woman already, I thought oh what a convenient time in the world right now to start shifting your brand into the victim point of view. It's a smart move. Not saying she didnt go through all of that, she did, and maybe the world did start to change and changed her perspective on what she went through, but a lot of what we see is very calculated of course, so in the end I ended up not feeling that sorry for her.

Also because I kept thinking of what Lindsay Lohan said about Paris couple years ago. They had fights involving Paris brother and stuff, and idk why I do like them both but I always believed Lindsay a bit more. So idk. I dont think Paris is an angel on earth like they pictured in the beginning, but I do like her in the end. She's kind of a mess but, yeah, idk. I think she could continue her brand mixing it with adulthood. Maybe this is the gate she found to do it. I just thought id finish the documentary liking her more than I did before and I ended up thinking she's being very calculated.

• Love 2

I watched it. I didn’t hate it but I expected more. I like that she was honest: she likes the cameras, she likes money. I thought her relationship was interesting with her setting up cameras LOL and the fight with her bf at the music festival. 

the provo school stuff was interesting but it seemed like they were forcing it or something. Hated the animations. Also where is the campaign now? She could have posted the photo she took at the end of the film...

10 hours ago, SS91 said:

I watched it. I didn’t hate it but I expected more. I like that she was honest: she likes the cameras, she likes money. I thought her relationship was interesting with her setting up cameras LOL and the fight with her bf at the music festival. 

the provo school stuff was interesting but it seemed like they were forcing it or something. Hated the animations. Also where is the campaign now? She could have posted the photo she took at the end of the film...

my exact thoughts. Right when it ended I went to look for the campaign, maybe it is run by the other girl? But they talked about Paris being the bigger voice on this so she should have posted it.

• Like 1
On 9/14/2020 at 8:06 AM, ColdAsFire88 said:

I’m watching it now. I don't consider myself a Paris Hilton fan but I also don’t consider myself a hater. For those of you that weren’t around when Paps chases Britney down...watch this doc. Paris touches on that, but then Kim K says Paris was the first celeb that got chased down. Kim is so dumb sometimes ...Princess Diana Says Hi bish. 

She is. I thought of exactly the same thing. Kimberly needs to get her head out of the plastic surgeon's office every now and then

• Like 1
On 9/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, kaledkalil said:

It's a weird documentary because for half of it you're thinking "boo hoo poor little rich girl", and pretty much everything is very reality show-ish, from the boyfriend fight at Tomorrowland and stuff. The only topic where she's very candidly about is the Provo Canyon School, but the animations makes it feel less personal. She barely talked about her reality shows, which I believe is something that most people who follows her wanted to know more about it.

For the way that she claims to live her whole life you can see why she went towards Britney, she probably felt close to her being so watched by everyone, the media, being so secluded from real life.

It is Because the director started shooting the film for years first with just the narrative that she was a person and not a character. And a smart one. But then She discovered Paris seemed severely traumatized and as a chock for both Paris told her one night and then the filming and everything changed. It was a process for both which was documented.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block