Taylor Swift's album "folklore" expected to go back to #1 in its 7th week after the CMA Performance

17 hours ago, Trentals said:

Any doubts anyone had of Taylor’s ability to write amazing songs were blown out of the water with this album.

I said for ages I wanted an album from her of songs like Delicate, All Too Well and False God, and she came through!

She really is the greatest artist of this era. The way she can switch between genres so flawlessly is mind blowing. Even if you’re not a fan, you can’t deny that she successfully pulls off every genre she touches.

I don't think she is the greatest artists of this era, but without a doubt, the most successful. 

I agree with you in the sense that her writing is unquestionable in this album. Honestly, her previous lyrics, except for around 10 songs, was always a bit meh for me. I never connected with her teenage romantic angst or her "poor me, everyone hates me buhu", but the depth and the emotions on this one are raw and fabulous. 

21 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

It sold 133k in its second week, 977k in total, so yr technically wrong :selenerz:

Not by shipments aka RIAA standards.

RIAA doesn't follow soundscan. 

They do wholesale shipments.

Mariah Carey's two US diamond albums aren't diamond in soundscan sales. 

Both are around the 8 Million mark. 

Sony sent valid receipts saying they shipped ten million. Despite selling 8 Million, Mariah got her diamond twice. 

Hell butterfly is actually 2 Million in US sales. But Sony overshipping the album made it go 5X platinum In the RIAA database. 

So yes. RIAA standards it's platinum. But continue my dear. You truly don't know the difference of the RIAA (Actual music industry in the US) and the soundscan. Just numbers. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Not by shipments aka RIAA standards.

RIAA doesn't follow soundscan. 

They do wholesale shipments.

Mariah Carey's two US diamond albums aren't diamond in soundscan sales. 

Both are around the 8 Million mark. 

Sony sent valid receipts saying they shipped ten million. Despite selling 8 Million, Mariah got her diamond twice. 

Hell butterfly is actually 2 Million in US sales. But Sony overshipping the album made it go 5X platinum In the RIAA database. 

So yes. RIAA standards it's platinum. But continue my dear. You truly don't know the difference of the RIAA (Actual music industry in the US) and the soundscan. Just numbers. 

Not sure if you are aware but sales from music “clubs” were not counted on SoundScan but we’re counted as shipments. Clubs are a thing of the past in this digital/streaming time...

but some of those past albums including Mariah’s did well with the music clubs as well. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I keep saying how great this album is but since it's release I've only listened to it once or twice :imacoolmom: I feel like its a mood and I already feel depressed so maybe in November I'll stream it since Adele lost her album :makeup:

November, December and folklore will keep me lying on the floor 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
On 8/18/2020 at 4:43 AM, ColdAsFire88 said:

I keep saying how great this album is but since it's release I've only listened to it once or twice :imacoolmom: I feel like its a mood and I already feel depressed so maybe in November I'll stream it since Adele lost her album :makeup:

On 8/18/2020 at 6:53 AM, Adriannn said:

November, December and folklore will keep me lying on the floor 

Can I join you, guys? Yesterday I was listening to The Lakes and told myself that I can’t wait to listen to the whole album when autumn comes. :tysm:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block