Dua Lipa's Tweet about Albanian nationalism is causing controversy, Update: Dua responds to backlash

11 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Advocating for Kosovo to be recognised internationally is different from supporting the idea of a Greater Albania.

Like ***** how dumb are u to post something like that. This map she posted, apart from the fact that it shows Kosovo as part of Albania and not an independent country, includes parts of Serbia, North Macedonia and Greece. 

As a Greek, I find it really disturbing, that such a popular artist would support something like that. No *****. Corfu isn't Albanian. Neither is Greek Epirus and neither are any of the other places this map includes. So stupid :cackling:

Supporting the idea of a greater anything in 2020, is really moronic and maybe even dangerous, in today's Europe, where the far-right is seeing a rise in many of its countries. 

Agreed. I'm from North Macedonia and I can totally say that Albanians in North Macedonia enjoy every right possible for years and they are below 20% in the country but they almost have more rights than Slavic Macedonians.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

That doesn't make Polog Region (Western region of North Macedonia) part of Albania. Albanians in North Macedonia enjoy every right possible. You can't use extreme nationalist flags and try to destabilize other countries. That's sick. North Macedonia saved 150.000 Albanians from possible massacres in Kosovo and we didn't have to do it. That's how they are thanking us now? By wanting to divide our country and spread hate?

Nothing about the flag suggests hate.

The flag is a symbol of all the regions in and around Albania where Albanians reside. The Albanians within Albania and the Albanians outside of Albania who have been left out.

Thank you for being the first to admit that Kosovars were potentially subject to Serb massacres, as was done to Bosnians a few years prior.

However, to claim that Albanians share the same rights as slavic Macedonians is not fair. On paper they do, in reality they don't. It's like saying that black people got their rights in the US with the civil rights movements. Cultural problems persist.

12 minutes ago, dritney said:

Nothing about the flag suggests hate.

The flag is a symbol of all the regions in and around Albania where Albanians reside. The Albanians within Albania and the Albanians outside of Albania who have been left out.

Thank you for being the first to admit that Kosovars were potentially subject to Serb massacres, as was done to Bosnians a few years prior.

However, to claim that Albanians share the same rights as slavic Macedonians is not fair. On paper they do, in reality they don't. It's like saying that black people got their rights in the US with the civil rights movements. Cultural problems persist.

No we both know that it's a map that represents Greater Albania and unification of those places.

Ofcourse I admit it. Cause it has happened and I'm still proud that my country helped them somehow.

Albanians don't even learn Macedonian language in North Macedonia. They think that it's an insult for them to learn it. How do you expect someone who don't even learn a language to be employeed in an ethnic Macedonian company? Would you hire someone who doesn't speak the language you speak? Ofcourse they have lower income and that's because this reason. Not because we hate Albanians.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

No we both know that it's a map that represents Greater Albania and unification of those places.

Ofcourse I admit it. Cause it has happened and I'm still proud that my country helped them somehow.

Albanians don't even learn Macedonian language in North Macedonia. They think that it's an insult for them to learn it. How do you expect someone who don't even learn a language to be employeed in an ethnic Macedonian company? Would you hire someone who doesn't speak the language you speak? Ofcourse they have lower income and that's because this reason. Not because we hate Albanians.

You can’t discriminate someone because of the language they speak. It’s akin to bigoted Americans saying “we speak English here, speak English or go back to your country.”

Kosovo has three official languages.

Albanian is an official language in Macedonia and they should not have to speak Macedonian to get equal pay.

The map represents regions to which Albanians are indigenous. How the borders have been set without their input is a different story.

1 hour ago, dritney said:

You can’t discriminate someone because of the language they speak. It’s akin to bigoted Americans saying “we speak English here, speak English or go back to your country.”

Kosovo has three official languages.

Albanian is an official language in Macedonia and they should not have to speak Macedonian to get equal pay.

The map represents regions to which Albanians are indigenous. How the borders have been set without their input is a different story.

LOL Discrimination? hahahha What are you even talking about? First of all Albanian is not an official language in whole country. It has a special status. Also nobody said Albanians should leave because they don't speak Macedonian. Don't twist my words. I said that they don't learn Macedonian so they can't find jobs in private sector.If someone who doesn't know any English would try to find a job in a company which functions in English could that person be hired in USA? I don't think so. Nearly all the companies are Macedonian in North Macedonia and sorry but they can't hire Macedonian/Albanians translators just in order to hire Albanians. If you wanna be employeed in that company you HAVE to learn Macedonian and it's N O T racism or discrimination at all. It's like saying that the straight people are homophobic because they won't have *** with gay men. Nobody can't spend tons of money just because you are a racist and didn not learn the official and national language of the country. If you want a job in a company which functions in English in New York you HAVE to learn English. 
Also not learning the language because you believe that it's an insult to you to learn it is not a discrimination but not hiring someone because that person can't speak the language which your company functions in is discrimination?  lol

• Love 2
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

LOL Discrimination? hahahha What are you even talking about? First of all Albanian is not an official language in whole country. It has a special status. Also nobody said Albanians should leave because they don't speak Macedonian. Don't twist my words. I said that they don't learn Macedonian so they can't find jobs in private sector.If someone who doesn't know any English would try to find a job in a company which functions in English could that person be hired in USA? I don't think so. Nearly all the companies are Macedonian in North Macedonia and sorry but they can't hire Macedonian/Albanians translators just in order to hire Albanians. If you wanna be employeed in that company you HAVE to learn Macedonian and it's N O T racism or discrimination at all. It's like saying that the straight people are homophobic because they won't have *** with gay men. Nobody can't spend tons of money just because you are a racist and didn not learn the official and national language of the country. If you want a job in a company which functions in English in New York you HAVE to learn English. 
Also not learning the language because you believe that it's an insult to you to learn it is not a discrimination but not hiring someone because that person can't speak the language which your company functions in is discrimination?  lol

Oh dear, both your arguments and your writing is poor. There’s a lot to dissect, refute, and disprove. I don’t have much tonight - and I’m afraid you’re already a lost cause - but I’ll try to give you a proper response soon.

I didn’t put any words in your mouth, you chose to interpret it that way. Then you proceeded to put words in my mouth.

15 minutes ago, dritney said:

Oh dear, both your arguments and your writing is poor. There’s a lot to dissect, refute, and disprove. I don’t have much tonight - and I’m afraid you’re already a lost cause - but I’ll try to give you a proper response soon.

I didn’t put any words in your mouth, you chose to interpret it that way. Then you proceeded to put words in my mouth.

Considering that English is not my mother tongue and I've never been to USA or UK I think that I'm pretty good at it however your arguments are dumb and pointless and you are trying to cover them with insults but apparently you don't even know what 'private sector' means. I suggest you to read about it and then answer to my arguments. I'm a lost cause because I'm saying that a person has to learn the official language in order to live a better life? LMAO and no, everything I said was on point and true. If I go to Tirana without knowing any Albanian will they hire me? NO LOL so shut up and cut the bull****.  :begone:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

Considering that English is not my mother tongue and I've never been to USA or UK I think that I'm pretty good at it however your arguments are dumb and pointless and you are trying to cover them with insults but apparently you don't even know what 'private sector' means. I suggest you to read about it and then answer to my arguments. And no, everything I said was on point and true. If I go to Tirana without knowing any Albanian will they hire me? NO LOL so shut up and cut the bull****.  :begone:

I know what private sector is baby, I work in one.

Ah, now you want understanding for not knowing the official language of the platform you're on? How cute.

You can get hired in Tirana for a Macedonian company, like many of my Chinese friends get hired by Chinese companies in NYC. And they speak Chinese in the office.

29 minutes ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

Albanian is an official language where Albanians speak. I've been to Macedonia and have spoken Albanian in many shops and official establishments.

I didn't say that you said people should leave Macedonia because they don't speak Albanian. When did I ever say that? You're putting words in MY mouth by saying that. You should look up the definition of akin before you make that assertion.

If a companies functions in a language and an individual does not speak that language, of course they should not work there. However, for you to imply that if someone only speaks Albanian, they cannot work in Albania is wrong because you are implying that there cannot be Albanian companies in Macedonia. There can be. There are many Albanians and Albanian is an official language in these parts. Recognize that.

Who says they think it's an insult to learn Macedonian? Are you in these peoples' minds? Last I checked, my parents who grew in Kosovo were forced to learn Serbian and were not allowed to speak Albanian. Imagine that? Take a moment to think of the gravity of that? If people experience that and do not want to speak another language, I would not blame them. I still would love to learn Macedonian.

If all of the companies in Albanian parts of Macedonia are Macedonian, that highlights my point in that Albanians do not get the same representation in companies. They are not able to get jobs. They are not able to earn money. They are not able to start new companies. This is exactly what oppression is.

Before you come for me, there are many, many parts of the US where you can speak a different language, use it to speak with all your neighbors, and even work speaking just that language that is not English. It's called inclusivity.

If someone can effectively do their job, the language they speak does not matter.

8 minutes ago, dritney said:

I know what private sector is baby, I work in one.

Ah, now you want understanding for not knowing the official language of the platform you're on? How cute.

You can get hired in Tirana for a Macedonian company, like many of my Chinese friends get hired by Chinese companies in NYC. And they speak Chinese in the office.

HAHAHAHAHHA seriously? Okay so I'm not looking for a job here or in USA. Also I don't live in USA. Plus I do speak English, might not be the perfect one but I do. Albanians can't even ask 'what is your name' in Macedonian here. And why would I want your understanding? You just sound arrogant and ignorant enough to think that everyone on the planet speaks English so I had to explain it to you. 

Yes and that's what I've said. Albanians can't find job because they don't bother to learn Macedonian and there's barely any Albanian companies in North Macedonia. So they either fly to Switzerland or live a bad and poor life because they hate Macedonia and everything connected to it. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, dritney said:

Albanian is an official language where Albanians speak. I've been to Macedonia and have spoken Albanian in many shops and official establishments.

I didn't say that you said people should leave Macedonia because they don't speak Albanian. When did I ever say that? You're putting words in MY mouth by saying that. You should look up the definition of akin before you make that assertion.

If a companies functions in a language and an individual does not speak that language, of course they should not work there. However, for you to imply that if someone only speaks Albanian, they cannot work in Albania is wrong because you are implying that there cannot be Albanian companies in Macedonia. There can be. There are many Albanians and Albanian is an official language in these parts. Recognize that.

Who says they think it's an insult to learn Macedonian? Are you in these peoples' minds? Last I checked, my parents who grew in Kosovo were forced to learn Serbian and were not allowed to speak Albanian. Imagine that? Take a moment to think of the gravity of that? If people experience that and do not want to speak another language, I would not blame them. I still would love to learn Macedonian.

If all of the companies in Albanian parts of Macedonia are Macedonian, that highlights my point in that Albanians do not get the same representation in companies. They are not able to get jobs. They are not able to earn money. They are not able to start new companies. This is exactly what oppression is.

Before you come for me, there are many, many parts of the US where you can speak a different language, use it to speak with all your neighbors, and even work speaking just that language that is not English. It's called inclusivity.

If someone can effectively do their job, the language they speak does not matter.

Where did I said that Albanians can't start a company in North Macedonia? They can but they do not. I told you why Albanians have lower income compared to Macedonians in North Macedonia. Not that Albanians have to learn Macedonian.

Majority of the Albanians in North Macedonia think that it's an insult to them. Just check the facebook posts, news and their arguments. They openly say it, It's not something that I made up. Albanian politicians boycott Macedonian anthem, flag and everything possible. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

Where did I said that Albanians can't start a company in North Macedonia? They can but they do not. 
Majority of the Albanians in North Macedonia think that it's an insult to them. Just check the facebook posts, news and their arguments. They openly say it, It's not something that I made up. Albanian politicians boycott Macedonian anthem, flag and everything possible. 

Ask yourself why they don't. Again, this is like anti-BLM people who say black people are lazy and don't make an effort. Do you not see a problem with that?

Minorities in the US have also boycotted the US anthem and flag. You're aware of that right? If a country does not serve all of its people, why should its people blindly accept the anthem and the flag. You may not be intimately aware of these issues as a Macedonian living in Macedonia, but not all are as fortunate.

8 minutes ago, dritney said:

Ask yourself why they don't. Again, this is like anti-BLM people who say black people are lazy and don't make an effort. Do you not see a problem with that?

Minorities in the US have also boycotted the US anthem and flag. You're aware of that right? If a country does not serve all of its people, why should its people blindly accept the anthem and the flag. You may not be intimately aware of these issues as a Macedonian living in Macedonia, but not all are as fortunate.

USA enslaved the black people. When did Macedonia do that? You just keep saying the same thing tho. Albanians were in EVERY government coalition since we took independence from Yugoslavia. They have EVERY right in the country. Why they don't change it? They always have a sig. number of ministries in the government. You know the answer.
I have tons of Albanian friends who are not hateful towards Macedonia and they have much better income than avarage Albanians you know why? Because they did learn Macedonian and they work in private sector now. Albanians having lower income is not our fault and you have to recognize that.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

USA enslaved the black people. When did Macedonia do that? You just keep saying the same thing tho. Albanians were in EVERY government coalition since we took independence from Yugoslavia. They have EVERY right in the country. Why they don't change it? They always have the ministry positions and everything. You know the answer. I have tons of Albanian friends who are not hateful towards Macedonia and they have much better income than avarage Albanians you know why? Because they did learn Macedonian and they work in private sector now. Albanians having lower income is not our fault and you have to recognize it.

Who the **** said Albanians were enslaved? And how does that have any bearing on this argument? Everything I said still stands. This is such a waste of my time haha, go have an argument with a 7 year old.

For you to highlight an inadequacy of a group of people (that you are defining by race or ethnicity) and blaming it on them is inherently racist. That is the definition of racism, regardless of Albanians and Macedonians.

You think Albanians like have less pay? And for you to generalize and say that it's all of them clearly indicates that there is a large scale problem. Do not blame it on those that are less advantaged.

26 minutes ago, dritney said:

Who the **** said Albanians were enslaved? And how does that have any bearing on this argument? Everything I said still stands. This is such a waste of my time haha, go have an argument with a 7 year old.

You said that Americans boycott anthem and flags. Like how could you bring that? You are a 7 year old for saying that. You think that situation of the minorities in North Macedonia and in USA are even close enough to mention that? You can't even use it as an argument. We have that much of a difference. Minorities in USA have reasons to boycott them but Albanians in North Macedonia don't. You have NO idea about Macedonian governments and how they work but you are trying to dictate your opinions. You can go and chat with racist Albanians who support Greater Albania. :begone:

Where did I say that it's an inadequcy. I don't say that they are not capable. They simply don't learn it because they H A T E Macedonia. Get back to reality and read some interviews, facebook posts and columns from North Macedonia. You clearly have no idea about the situation.
I've never said all I always said majority and majority of the Albanians are not less advantaged in North Macedonia they choose to be the ones. They wanted Macedonian and Albanian schools to be divided and UCK started a ******* civil war for this. And now they only learn Albanian at their schools. We can't force Albanians for anything.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ExXL said:

What antisemitic story ??? Bcuz if it's about her being pro Palestine it doesn't mean she's anti semitic....

Honestly you’re right, I stand corrected and I’ll edit my comment. I do think that the post was not fact-checked however, but I was just carried away

6 hours ago, dritney said:

Just reminding you again that you’re an idiot. Learn to read. I know your country’s economy is failing and education is ****, but come on, try harder.

also, if you don’t like Dua, stop following her. I’m sure you’re gonna make a big dent in her 50 MIL followers.

go follow your Greek pop icon - oh wait

You're clearly in no place to tell anyone to read carefully or have a conversation. My education is fine, thank you very much. You're full of rage and hate. Also, your arguments are non existent.

Like, talking about followers and Greek pop icons :cackling: wow. How dumb to even bring that up. Talking to you is a waste of time.

Have a good life.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, dritney said:

Just reminding you again that you’re an idiot. Learn to read. I know your country’s economy is failing and education is ****, but come on, try harder.

You can have a debate without name calling and saying such things. Please do better next time.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I think this is a really unnecessary statement. Europe has enough tensions, no need that any country expands to become the "greater" version of itself. This has never worked in the past, only brought misery and war. She is free to say whatever she wants, but i don't agree. Following the same reasoning greeks could say they want old ancient greece territories back...

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, Elvira_fr said:

I think this is a really unnecessary statement. Europe has enough tensions, no need that any country expands to become the "greater" version of itself. This has never worked in the past, only brought misery and war. She is free to say whatever she wants, but i don't agree. Following the same reasoning greeks could say they want old ancient greece territories back...

+

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block