Dua Lipa's Tweet about Albanian nationalism is causing controversy, Update: Dua responds to backlash

16 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Is this post about Kosovo ?

I see no problem she is praising her homeland,not her fault Serbs can't accept its 2020 and not 1200. Make em mad Dua

Thank you, sir!

The United States and many, many nations have recognized Kosovo as a an independent country. Serbia, the notorious aggressor in the region, of course will not recognize Kosovo.

The map Dua Lipa shared shows Albania and the surrounding regions where majority Albanians live. Albanians have been persecuted in the Balkans for as long as their history exists.

So many success *FEMALE* musicians have come out of Albania and made it on the world stage. I’m happy they advocate for Albanians and more.

It sounds like Boris is consuming his own poison.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Sinned_88 said:

They can have Kosovo, but hands off of Macedonia :queenflopga: 

You’d think we should get Kosovo because it’s 95%+ Albanian, even after Serbs sent their people to throw off demographics.

Macedonia is 25% Albania, and she’s included those regions in her map. Many western Macedonian areas are majority Albanian.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

It's actually not. At first she started with praising Kosovo, and noone really has an issue with that. Although Serbs dont admit Kosovo as an independent country (and I think a couple of other European countries don't either) they are fully aware she is originally from Kosovo and will praise it. However, the map she posted is an old idea of Great Albania, which was actually very chauvinistic (and originates from Albania, not Kosovo). The map shows Albanian Eagle all over Serbia, North Macedonia, part of Greece, and Montenegro in their current/present borders. The idea of Great Albania was born during very dark times in Albania's past and today it is supported (although quite unrealistically) by the Albanian Mafia and their most right-wing politicians :mhm:  Not to mention that it revolves around the idea of Albania attacking and conquering its neighboring countries and Albanizing them (meaning turning them into Albanians and stripping them off their identity). Although this obviously couldn't ever come true, it is quite shocking that an artist that fights for human rights on the daily supports such a savage idea. Kinda shows she's not very genuine about it. 

This is basically the same as if Taylor Swift posted a picture of half of Europe with the USA flag plastered all over it. So overall, Dua is chauvinistic...lol

You should probably not try to educate others when you can’t even form paragraphs.

You might want to read about Greater Albania and how borders were decided in 1912 before you speak on it.

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, dritney said:

You should probably not try to educate others when you can’t even form paragraphs.

You might want to read about Greater Albania and how borders were decided in 1912 before you speak on it.

Certainly not going to argue with a faschist Albanian on an online forum who has no other option but to "insult" my paragraphs lol. Everyone knows where and why the idea of Great Albania came to be. The world will obviously never get rid of radical and unstable people, ya'll have spread and infiltrated every single nation in this world. This is my first and last reply to you. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Certainly not going to argue with a faschist Albanian on an online forum who has no other option but to "insult" my paragraphs lol. Everyone knows where and why the idea of Great Albania came to be. The world will obviously never get rid of radical and unstable people, ya'll have spread and infiltrated every single nation in this world. This is my first and last reply to you. 

Who said I’m Albanian?

None of my comments espouse fascism. How would you know? You can’t even spell it.

Contrary to your comments, Albanians have not had enough influence to infiltrate every single nation in this world. What are you even saying? That is so idiotic. Albanians have been persecuted by Slavs.

If we’re talking nationalism, Serbs engaged in war with every single former Yugoslav nation. Serbs committed the greatest single-day genocide since WW2. Are you aware of these facts?

go to the light and see jesus.

39 minutes ago, dritney said:

Who said I’m Albanian?

None of my comments espouse fascism. How would you know? You can’t even spell it.

Contrary to your comments, Albanians have not had enough influence to infiltrate every single nation in this world. What are you even saying? That is so idiotic. Albanians have been persecuted by Slavs.

If we’re talking nationalism, Serbs engaged in war with every single former Yugoslav nation. Serbs committed the greatest single-day genocide since WW2. Are you aware of these facts?

go to the light and see jesus.

Dude you criticise others but you clearly aren't reading carefully. He said "radical and unstable" people infiltrated, not Albanians.

Also, no one said Serbs haven't committed crimes in the past. Wtf. This thread isn't a contest to see who's more of a nationalist.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

It's actually not. At first she started with praising Kosovo, and noone really has an issue with that. Although Serbs dont admit Kosovo as an independent country (and I think a couple of other European countries don't either) they are fully aware she is originally from Kosovo and will praise it. However, the map she posted is an old idea of Great Albania, which was actually very chauvinistic (and originates from Albania, not Kosovo). The map shows Albanian Eagle all over Serbia, North Macedonia, part of Greece, and Montenegro in their current/present borders. The idea of Great Albania was born during very dark times in Albania's past and today it is supported (although quite unrealistically) by the Albanian Mafia and their most right-wing politicians :mhm:  Not to mention that it revolves around the idea of Albania attacking and conquering its neighboring countries and Albanizing them (meaning turning them into Albanians and stripping them off their identity). Although this obviously couldn't ever come true, it is quite shocking that an artist that fights for human rights on the daily supports such a savage idea. Kinda shows she's not very genuine about it. 

This is basically the same as if Taylor Swift posted a picture of half of Europe with the USA flag plastered all over it. So overall, Dua is chauvinistic...lol

Great description, especially the ending with Taylor Swift. It's so sad that Albanian mobs are using her, Ora, and Rexha to promote hatred towards Serbs. I am from Montenegro, and no, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and part of Greece were never Albanian, c'mon, they exist only for like 100 years, they are some goat ******* tribes. So she should be cancelled, and instagram should delete these posts, cause it is hate speach, and promoting neo nacism.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Advocating for Kosovo to be recognised internationally is different from supporting the idea of a Greater Albania.

Like ***** how dumb are u to post something like that. This map she posted, apart from the fact that it shows Kosovo as part of Albania and not an independent country, includes parts of Serbia, North Macedonia and Greece. 

As a Greek, I find it really disturbing, that such a popular artist would support something like that. No *****. Corfu isn't Albanian. Neither is Greek Epirus and neither are any of the other places this map includes. So stupid :cackling:

Supporting the idea of a greater anything in 2020, is really moronic and maybe even dangerous, in today's Europe, where the far-right is seeing a rise in many of its countries. 

Totally agreed! Don't give them anything, especially Corfu! Don't let them **** you over like they did with Serbia.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

"Autochthonous".

Not a single person in the world is autochthonous. Humans have been moving around, conquering, exiling, conquesting around the world since the dawn of time. Even Native Americans arent originally native to America. Even Chinese arent originally native to China. 

There is no such thing as an "autochthonous" person.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, PeterPaul said:

First she posted that messy antisemitic story a few months ago, and now this? :tiffeyeroll:

A mess.

Hide contents

Still a stan I think but cmon girl

What antisemitic story ??? Bcuz if it's about her being pro Palestine it doesn't mean she's anti semitic....

• Like 1
5 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Dude you criticise others but you clearly aren't reading carefully. He said "radical and unstable" people infiltrated, not Albanians.

Also, no one said Serbs haven't committed crimes in the past. Wtf. This thread isn't a contest to see who's more of a nationalist.

Clearly, you’re not reading carefully. Do you know what “YALL” means?

lol, it’s ironic that you’re calling someone out for not reading carefully but you can’t read carefully yourself.

My comment stands.

3 hours ago, morbidiu5 said:

Haha ofc it is recognized by USA, cause they bombed Serbia, and helped Albanians in their sick goals.

Albanians in their sick goals?

Serbs killed 8,000 Bosnians in a single day, the greatest single-day genocide since World War II.

And you wanted the US not to intervene?

8,000 ******* and Albanians are sick?

Get your head checked.

5 hours ago, IUSAtonight said:

Just reminding you again that you’re an idiot. Learn to read. I know your country’s economy is failing and education is ****, but come on, try harder.

also, if you don’t like Dua, stop following her. I’m sure you’re gonna make a big dent in her 50 MIL followers.

go follow your Greek pop icon - oh wait

4 hours ago, morbidiu5 said:

Great description, especially the ending with Taylor Swift. It's so sad that Albanian mobs are using her, Ora, and Rexha to promote hatred towards Serbs. I am from Montenegro, and no, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and part of Greece were never Albanian, c'mon, they exist only for like 100 years, they are some goat ******* tribes. So she should be cancelled, and instagram should delete these posts, cause it is hate speach, and promoting neo nacism.

Hahaha pathetic. Are you mad that Dua is more famous than any person to come out of Montenegro? Are you mad you enjoy Dua’s songs? Which song do you like most off of Future Nostalgia, baby?

How can you cry racism and then call all Albanians goats? Lol, you’re so stupid, you can’t even form a logical argument without making yourself look like a brain-dead idiot.

I recommend you log off and try to distinguish your head from your ***.

4 hours ago, morbidiu5 said:

Totally agreed! Don't give them anything, especially Corfu! Don't let them **** you over like they did with Serbia.

So you agree, Kosovo is independent?Blink Smile GIF by Mean Girls

You should probably learn history and how Serbs killed many thousands of people in Eastern Europe in the 90s.

Denying that doesn’t make you a good Serbian, it doesn’t make you a bad historian, it makes you a **** person with no moral compass or regard for human life.

get well baby.

9 hours ago, dritney said:

You’d think we should get Kosovo because it’s 95%+ Albanian, even after Serbs sent their people to throw off demographics.

Macedonia is 25% Albania, and she’s included those regions in her map. Many western Macedonian areas are majority Albanian.

That doesn't make Polog Region (Western region of North Macedonia) part of Albania. Albanians in North Macedonia enjoy every right possible. You can't use extreme nationalist flags and try to destabilize other countries. That's sick. North Macedonia saved 150.000 Albanians from possible massacres in Kosovo and we didn't have to do it. That's how they are thanking us now? By wanting to divide our country and spread hate?

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block