Dua Lipa's Tweet about Albanian nationalism is causing controversy, Update: Dua responds to backlash

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, wehoyon771 said:

Serbs are still mad cause Kosovo is independent and their country is hated by everyone except Russia :tiffhair: They have one of the worst history of the word. So many genocides... Anyway peace on the name of Britney Jean Spears. Let's be the generation of peace and love. Gen Z, all hopes on you ! :hugs: Otherwise we're gonna continue kill and hate each other for eternity. 

A part of Serbian population is still mad, you're right, but another part, to which I belong to, completely realize and recognize that Kosovo is now basically independent. As  a Serb, I'm fully aware that Kosovo is the price my country is paying for the crimes it committed in the past :mhm: But I find it very hypocritical that somehow Serbia has to suffer from double standards in this area, because nearly every country in the past committed horrendous crimes against humanity (this doesn't make it ok of course). Germany nearly ******** the entire Europe and today they are respected and loved. UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and Portugal enslaved so many nations and have committed horrible acts against them, yet today they enjoy all the respect from the international community. And believe it or not, these acts were far worse than anything Serbia has ever done (of course, I'm still not denying that what Serbia did to Bosnia and Kosovo in the 90s isn't horrific). 

In conclusion, just like we allowed so many nations to apologize for what they did and grow out of it, I think Serbia deserves this same treatment. Also, I really believe our history is not the worst in the world, we were one of the nations who fought against the ****s the strongest and lost millions of people because of it. We also fought very hard against the Ottomans who were very difficult to defeat. I would say our history has its bright and dark spots just like that of any other in the world :) Plus Serbia really is a beautiful country and people here truly are kind and love welcoming tourists and foreigners. No matter what, we still realize we're Europeans and belong to the EU (hopefully soon-ish). I welcome you to visit, I promise you will like it. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

A part of Serbian population is still mad, you're right, but another part, to which I belong to, completely realize and recognize that Kosovo is now basically independent. As  a Serb, I'm fully aware that Kosovo is the price my country is paying for the crimes it committed in the past :mhm: But I find it very hypocritical that somehow Serbia has to suffer from double standards in this area, because nearly every country in the past committed horrendous crimes against humanity (this doesn't make it ok of course). Germany nearly ******** the entire Europe and today they are respected and loved. UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, and Portugal enslaved so many nations and have committed horrible acts against them, yet today they enjoy all the respect from the international community. And believe it or not, these acts were far worse than anything Serbia has ever done (of course, I'm still not denying that what Serbia did to Bosnia and Kosovo in the 90s isn't horrific). 

In conclusion, just like we allowed so many nations to apologize for what they did and grow out of it, I think Serbia deserves this same treatment. Also, I really believe our history is not the worst in the world, we were one of the nations who fought against the ****s the strongest and lost millions of people because of it. We also fought very hard against the Ottomans who were very difficult to defeat. I would say our history has its bright and dark spots just like that of any other in the world :) Plus Serbia really is a beautiful country and people here truly are kind and love welcoming tourists and foreigners. No matter what, we still realize we're Europeans and belong to the EU (hopefully soon-ish). I welcome you to visit, I promise you will like it. 

I agree with you regarding other countries doing terrible things. Just to mention as a spanish, what it was done in while colonising America is something shameful but it happened 500 years ago and there is nothing we can do to change it. Just learning from history and doing better moving forward. While living in germany, i can say that what they did still gives a lot of shame to them and the guilt is something current generations have to deal with. They are not loved but other countries admire their determination to recover and to better. It is one of the best countries to live nowadays. I hope the EU project grows and people are able to move forward.

What i was missing about Dua Lipa's statement is something more elaborated, not just a twitter post? i think all artists should express their opinions but we are free to agree or not with what they say.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
33 minutes ago, Elvira_fr said:

I agree with you regarding other countries doing terrible things. Just to mention as a spanish, what it was done in while colonising America is something shameful but it happened 500 years ago and there is nothing we can do to change it. Just learning from history and doing better moving forward. While living in germany, i can say that what they did still gives a lot of shame to them and the guilt is something current generations have to deal with. They are not loved but other countries admire their determination to recover and to better. It is one of the best countries to live nowadays. I hope the EU project grows and people are able to move forward.

What i was missing about Dua Lipa's statement is something more elaborated, not just a twitter post? i think all artists should express their opinions but we are free to agree or not with what they say.

Of course! My point was never to shame any other country for their past, and definitely, what Spain did is very far into the past, and your point is correct - there's not much a nation can do but live with it, apologize, and make sure to never do it again. Same goes for Serbia and Germany. My point is that a nation must be at least given an opportunity to grow. Most Serbs do feel genuine regret for what happened, and it is the younger generations who feel this, considering it is mostly our grandparents who voted and supported the nationalistic leaders in the 90s. Our parents back then were still young and overly dominated by their parents (the elderly culture in Serbia was very toxic up until recently, it was always believed older ppl know the best but the truth is that they've screwed us up for a very long time). Luckily, these people are now in their 70s or have died, so we are moving on. Younger generations feel a lot of shame for something they didn't even do, so they also feel like the whole situation is unfair at the same time. As much as they realize what's happening to Kosovo, their emotions still overwhelm them because of the aggression of the whole movement. Although Serbs more or less realize that Kosovo is lost, most of them are hurt for constantly being portrayed like a nation of evil people, especially so by Albanians :( 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block