Dua Lipa's Tweet about Albanian nationalism is causing controversy, Update: Dua responds to backlash

Just now, dritney said:

Are you really gonna reprimand name calling and ignore the spread of misinformation? Is this like a children’s forum or...?

That is why you are allowed to debate and prove that these things are wrong if you really want to. You're allowed to do that. Just be respectful. :barbie:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Stefani said:

Dunno why she said this in such a blunt way. I know that she said that she wants to be the next Madonna, but there's a time and place for controversial statements, and this ain't it.

Oh please. This is like telling protesters that they need to appease their oppressors.

What Dua is posting about is not something that needs to be timed. Her family literally experienced a war.

23 hours ago, morbidiu5 said:

Haha ofc it is recognized by USA, cause they bombed Serbia, and helped Albanians in their sick goals.

:gerlwat:

I think that you meant Serbia* sick goals in the 1990s with Milosevic, don't you? Serbia reaped what it sowed. To this day, Serbia is watering down what it did back in the days. 

Anyway, imo Dua Lipa just meant that most of Albanians in the Balkans are not immigrant or whatever,  their ethnicity/language doesn't necessarily define where they come from, they aren't immigrants/result of colonisation but autochthonous (a relevant example would be ppl from Alaska in the US).
She probably just wanted to include Kosovo as a part of Albania, and didn't chose the right map. 
She's replied to the controversy: 'I just wanted my country to be represented in a map'.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, conceptuel said:

:gerlwat:

I think that you meant Serbia* sick goals in the 1990s with Milosevic, don't you? Serbia reaped what it sowed. To this day, Serbia is watering down what it did back in the days. 

Anyway, imo Dua Lipa just meant that most of Albanians in the Balkans are not immigrant or whatever,  their ethnicity/language doesn't necessarily define where they come from, they aren't immigrants/result of colonisation but autochthonous (a relevant example would be ppl from Alaska in the US).
She probably just wanted to include Kosovo as a part of Albania, and didn't chose the right map. 
She's replied to the controversy: 'I just wanted my country to be represented in a map'.

Exactly. Also, they're not just watering down what they did, they're completely denying it, falsely accusing others of things that never happened, and painting themselves to be the victims. It's truly disturbing. The worst part is they teach their youth to do the same. Breeding hate is not the answer. Shame on their leaders and corrupt government.

Also, you're right. Albanians are indigenous to the area, not migrants that made their way over from Russia.

14 hours ago, dritney said:

Oh please. This is like telling protesters that they need to appease their oppressors.

What Dua is posting about is not something that needs to be timed. Her family literally experienced a war.

They experienced war in Republic of North Macedonia? LOL She did not share the map of Kosovo but GREATER ALBANIA :jeanluc:

5 hours ago, dritney said:

Also, you're right. Albanians are indigenous to the area, not migrants that made their way over from Russia.

Also this is completly SICK and racist. According to your logic Americans should go back to Europe and leave their homes. Also bad news for you Albanians belong to E1b1 haplogroup which is not European.

• Like 1
On 7/20/2020 at 7:33 PM, dritney said:

Albanians in their sick goals?

Serbs killed 8,000 Bosnians in a single day, the greatest single-day genocide since World War II.

And you wanted the US not to intervene?

8,000 ******* and Albanians are sick?

Get your head checked.

That genocide it truth also like your history lol never happened.

On 7/20/2020 at 7:52 PM, dritney said:

Hahaha pathetic. Are you mad that Dua is more famous than any person to come out of Montenegro? Are you mad you enjoy Dua’s songs? Which song do you like most off of Future Nostalgia, baby?

How can you cry racism and then call all Albanians goats? Lol, you’re so stupid, you can’t even form a logical argument without making yourself look like a brain-dead idiot.

I recommend you log off and try to distinguish your head from your ***.

Who said anything about her music? I love it lol. And no one mentioned racism, it's simple nacism that she is promoting. 

5 hours ago, mihailtodorovsky said:

Also this is completly SICK and racist. According to your logic Americans should go back to Europe and leave their homes. Also bad news for you Albanians belong to E1b1 haplogroup which is not European.

Do you realize Kosovo is 95% Albanian? Are you saying they should leave their homes because Serbia is desperate for more land?

Yes, Albanians are indigenous to the region, by ALL historical accounts. It is like Native Americans being native to the US. The US treated Native Americans poorly and it’s a big political issue today.

You really need to read and learn more.

Data is inconclusive about haplogroups and all publications are not corroborated. Literally every group on earth has origins in Africa, including every single group in the Balkans, including Macedonians, Serbians, etc. These (unverified) publications do suggest that Serbians have roots in Ukraine.

Also, stop contradicting yourself. Does it matter where someone is from or does it not?

1 hour ago, morbidiu5 said:

Who said anything about her music? I love it lol. And no one mentioned racism, it's simple nacism that she is promoting. 

You are denying the Srebrenica massacre and calling Serbian victims ****s. It’s funny because Serbia is the closest thing Europe has experienced to ******’s Germany since WWII.

I’m so sorry that you live in a country that is so embarrassed of its nasty past, that it has denied it and brainwashed its people. You can still learn and redeem yourself.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, morbidiu5 said:

That genocide it truth also like your history lol never happened.

How is a genocide funny? You’re sick.

Anyway, thank you for your comments and keeping Dua Lipa and her name trending on Breatheheavy. Keep supporting our massively successful Kosovar artist.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, dritney said:

Do you realize Kosovo is 95% Albanian? Are you saying they should leave their homes because Serbia is desperate for more land?

Yes, Albanians are indigenous to the region, by ALL historical accounts. It is like Native Americans being native to the US. The US treated Native Americans poorly and it’s a big political issue today.

You really need to read and learn more.

Data is inconclusive about haplogroups and all publications are not corroborated. Literally every group on earth has origins in Africa, including every single group in the Balkans, including Macedonians, Serbians, etc. These (unverified) publications do suggest that Serbians have roots in Ukraine.

Also, stop contradicting yourself. Does it matter where someone is from or does it not?

LMFAO  I've never said such thing. You are literally a weirdo. You said that Albanians are indigenous. I exactly know what you meant by that. Actually you are the one who's saying that Yugoslavs should leave because they are Slavs lol Don't try to cover up your gross racism with other stuff and nope, Albanians are not indigenous to the region neither are the Yugoslavs. I don't need to read fake and populist history books that written by the Balkan nationalists so thank you, I studied history so I'm pretty sure that I know the case better than you do. You should study on your history. (The right one lol)

You are contradicting yourself.You just said it doesn't matter where the people are from but you are also saying that Albanians are indigenous, out of nowhere and the reason is very obvious.

• Love 1

Serbs are still mad cause Kosovo is independent and their country is hated by everyone except Russia :tiffhair: They have one of the worst history of the word. So many genocides... Anyway peace on the name of Britney Jean Spears. Let's be the generation of peace and love. Gen Z, all hopes on you ! :hugs: Otherwise we're gonna continue kill and hate each other for eternity. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block