Are lengthy tours a thing of the past?

5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Jagged little pill had close to 300 concerts, From the bar/Club tour the day the album came out to doing theaters in a span of 3 months as the live album on the collectors edition from London, proved in 1995, then by November she moved to arenas and stadiums. So in a span of five months that tour kept getting bigger and bigger,  plus all the promo and the acoustic sets that the tour spawned. 

Watch jagged little pill live on her YouTube, you'll understand what I mean the term overnight sensation, her firzt big tour and she was booking stadiums..

When she won the AMA for favorite pop/rock album Paula Abdul said it best.

"ALANIS MORISSETTE COULDN'T BE HERE, SHE IS ON A WELL EARNED VACATION AFTER  PERFORMING close to 300 shows for her Jagged little pill world tour,  well earned if you ask me"

I love how much of an Alanis stan you are! Me too!

high five schitts creek GIF by CBC

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

I agree with you on that.

I love Lady Gaga a lot and there have been multiple times she was sick during touring but she kept going.

It's great to see how dedicated an artist is to the fans who bought tickets, but at the same time they should think about their mental and physical health too. 

Most of the time, it's to pay back the label. Sometimes artists tour for so long because labels bill them everything. That expensive music video you did? well we sure didn't have millions in our account to just give it to you, it was loaned from a bank and someone has to pay it. The studio sessions we booked for you? it cost money too. Obviously artists can work from their home studios but whatever the label "provides" them, it's billed on them hence why many one hit wonders become broke so easily as they think the label is throwing them a party but really they are paying for the party. I talk to many musicians and they have been duped into that small print contract. The label does make money but they don't lose money either in a sense with the artists albums. They will make back their money somehow and that's why Britney said during the Britney era when she said you know you work your *** off and then you look at your accounts and go "where did all my money went?" then on top of that lawyers, managers, agents, etc all demand their cut so your million dollar paycheck becomes a couple of dollars. That's why a lot of artists write their songs or demand credit as that's money the label can't get as that's residuals from publishing so that's guaranteed money for them. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Jagged little pill had close to 300 concerts, From the bar/Club tour the day the album came out to doing theaters in a span of 3 months as the live album on the collectors edition from London, proved in 1995, then by November she moved to arenas and stadiums. So in a span of five months that tour kept getting bigger and bigger,  plus all the promo and the acoustic sets that the tour spawned. 

Watch jagged little pill live on her YouTube, you'll understand what I mean the term overnight sensation, her firzt big tour and she was booking stadiums..

When she won the AMA for favorite pop/rock album Paula Abdul said it best.

"ALANIS MORISSETTE COULDN'T BE HERE, SHE IS ON A WELL EARNED VACATION AFTER  PERFORMING close to 300 shows for her Jagged little pill world tour,  well earned if you ask me"

that was the PEAK of her career. The industry has changed and she hasn't found a way to sustain herself. This analogy doesn't really work. Also shows now are a lot different.  

As you said @Jordan Miller touring is a way not only for not well know artist but for most music bands, to make the money. The album sales are lower each day, and not to mention the price of an album has dropped considerably with the digital era.

I think with the Pandemic EVERYTHING becomes obsolete, at least till the vaccine will be distributed. Everything needs to be reimagined in order to meet health and safety standards.

But I do believe that normality will get back around us, we will learn nothing from the pandemic (that´s what humans tend to do), and long tours will restart, mainly because, why not using a show that has taken time and money to put together, and make more coins out of it adding dates to the tour, adding expensive meet and greats, etc

• Content Curators

Anyways artist these days don’t even do justice to tours like how they used to back in the day 

no more themed tours and high high productions by new artists 

except I saw a few clips from Billie that looked cool 

Anyways shakira announced a 2021 WW tour the day of her halftime show and I really want to go as the show I went of hers in 2018 was mind blowing :gloriascary:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block