Are lengthy tours a thing of the past?

• Leader

With Coronavirus ravaging the world, touring has come to a complete halt. Artists who had plans to tour this year have either cancelled altogether or moved show dates to 2021. 

Major mainstream artists like Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber... they're known for very lengthy tours. Sometimes performing the same tour for up to two maybe even three years. 

Same goes for lesser known artists who rely almost exclusively on touring to make ends meet. 

Do you think that'll keep happening in light of the pandemic and the impending economic collapse? Or will artists opt for shorter stints?

Thoughts? concerts.jpg.35455fd370bd160d0ee413da3ce1e2e8.jpg

Related:

• Like 1

I think tours would become shorter like songs in the future so the label and team can help store money for promotion of the artist album and it would be better mentally and physically for the singer as theyre body or mind wont feel overworked or "over-energized" :yaknow: I dont get why tour for 3 years :wyd: like you could make an album in that period :byetina:

• Like 2
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

I think tours would become shorter like songs in the future so the label and team can help store money for promotion of the artist album and mentally and physically for the singer as theyre body or mind wont feel overworked or "over-energized" :yaknow: I dont get why tour for 3 years :wyd: like you could make an album in that period :byetina:

Lady Gaga did 203 monster ball shows in almost 2 years and she still produced Born this way haha 

I think it just depends on the artist and how they want to run their shows. 

Some artists extend their shows because of demand too i think.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I think they are, I also think expensive tickets are done, several key states went back to stay at home especially California, many parents are going to homeschool their kids due to anti vaxxers and stuff.

The whole world is going to change 

Heck even Billboard reported that music consumption is very low right now due to the whole social distancing and nobody can throw parties or get togethers with their friends and extended family 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

Lady Gaga did 203 monster ball shows in almost 2 years and she still produced Born this way haha 

I think it just depends on the artist and how they want to run their shows. 

Some artists extend their shows because of demand too i think.

Well thats a minus then,

But i think if you over-work your mind and body it somewhat damages the system. Even tho, long tours generate so much money, its better for the singers health because in the end, thats where all the $$$ comes from

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Well thats a minus then,

But i think if you over-work your mind and body it somewhat damages the system. Even tho, long tours generate so much money, its better for the singers health because in the end, thats where all the $$$ comes from

I agree with you on that.

I love Lady Gaga a lot and there have been multiple times she was sick during touring but she kept going.

It's great to see how dedicated an artist is to the fans who bought tickets, but at the same time they should think about their mental and physical health too. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think that touring is a huge thing for artists these days. Actual music has no value anymore because of streaming, there is no real money to be made in record sales anymore and therefore touring has became a huge source of income for the artist and their teams, as well as LiveNation etc.

I think as soon as touring can recommence in a safe way, it absolutely will. And I don’t think the tours will be any shorter because I don’t think anyone in the industry can afford to lose that kind of money.

• Love 5
Just now, Thelegendarybritney said:

I agree with you on that.

I love Lady Gaga a lot and there have been multiple times she was sick during touring but she kept going.

It's great to see how dedicated an artist is to the fans who bought tickets, but at the same time they should think about their mental and physical health too. 

Well  i mean, if the ARTIST wants to extend the tour then sure go ahead, because if they feel comfortable and fine doing so, neednt should a problem come up.

• Like 2

I into the Live Music Business 

the only thing i could say is a concert shorter than 1 hour and 30 minutes don't values the money, for example shows like britney she only performs really in 50 minutes or an hour, the other time is just interludes, or video background. The live music entertainment needs to redesigned. 

I Think the artist need to stream more material, change eventually the show , redesign and make a great experience, Live music is not gonna die , but it needs more elements to add value to the experience

right now the only promise we have is this hour concerts allowed in europe that you are distanced with the people and its not like the best experience, the best is 

Other thing is reducing the time of the people in the venue, like for example if a concert take 2 hours, the people access in 1 hour, the concert starts and then leave the stadium everybody in 40-50 minutes.

the latest concerts also by many artist has beeen only the band (not all cases, britney, little mix, backstreet boys , lizzo are being touring without band) stairs and led screen, that need to change.

• Content Curators
1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

Ok but what about the lesser known acts that depend almost entirely on touring? 

They can sell merch, maybe do like various shows record them  and sell them on digital platforms. I mean it wouldn't really be the ideal thing nor would it make much money but something is always better than nothing.

• Like 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

6 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

:sobbing:

The year is 2023. The tours available:

Lady Gaga Chromatica Ball. 

Gaga Chromatica Remixed. Reimagined. Still Chromatica.

Chromatica Fest.

Gaga and Ariana Grande Rain On Me just over and over.

Lady Gaga Chromatica Ball Leg 2. 

and what about it :queenflopga: got my tickets 

also hopefully Britney Spears presents: Radar the remixes 

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

:sobbing:

The year is 2023. The tours available:

Lady Gaga Chromatica Ball. 

Gaga Chromatica Remixed. Reimagined. Still Chromatica.

Chromatica Fest.

Gaga and Ariana Grande Rain On Me just over and over.

Lady Gaga Chromatica Ball Leg 2. 

What about “Britney Spears: The HoLOUgram World Tour?”

star wars parody GIF

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

:omggg:

That's too much to ask of any person omg

Jagged little pill had close to 300 concerts, From the bar/Club tour the day the album came out to doing theaters in a span of 3 months as the live album on the collectors edition from London, proved in 1995, then by November she moved to arenas and stadiums. So in a span of five months that tour kept getting bigger and bigger,  plus all the promo and the acoustic sets that the tour spawned. 

Watch jagged little pill live on her YouTube, you'll understand what I mean the term overnight sensation, her firzt big tour and she was booking stadiums..

When she won the AMA for favorite pop/rock album Paula Abdul said it best.

"ALANIS MORISSETTE COULDN'T BE HERE, SHE IS ON A WELL EARNED VACATION AFTER  PERFORMING close to 300 shows for her Jagged little pill world tour,  well earned if you ask me"

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block