Read Xtina's new Bionic QnA

The way she still thinks the album is ahead of its time. :shadelaugh:

Bionic is not a bad album. It actually has some of her best ballads. But, it's not up to the standards of her older releases: Back to Basics and Stripped. 

At least, people should give her props for still defending the album's failure. :yaknow:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

I personally prefer Stripped and Back to Basics.. but Bionic definitely has some bops in it. Desnudate my favorite! :shaktongue:

The fact that she says there was not hard song to record on the album, but still she has been changing the high note on the bridge of "You Lost Me" in all her live performances since 2010 because is too freaking complicated to sing. Fearless humble queen ! :clicktina:

• Haha 2

Eghhh I like her music, but she’s pretentious af. 
Girl, it’s a pop album. There’s nothing deep and meaningful about it. 
Bionic reminds me of Witness. Both over promised, under delivered albums that was no different sonically from other pop records at the time. Both artists fabricated these in-depth intricate stories that the general public “didn’t get” for basic pop songs that are clearly designed for top 40 radio.

• Love 3

I really dig just how deep she goes creatively. The inspiration and versatility behind this record is really cool to see.

I literally had no idea she worked with MIA or Santigold

But also, I really felt it when she said "It takes courage to face yourself, and love all your many pieces - even the broken ones"

• Love 3

She was such a warped view on what this album is. It’s an average pop album with nothing to set it apart from anything else that had come out for at least three years preceding it. She speaks about it as though it’s some misunderstood masterpiece that only people with sophisticated taste will understand when in reality ... the “ahead of its time” thing is deluded.

• Love 4

Jordan, you lost Exhale at "Read".

I love this though! Were those Instagram stories captions? Whoever made them in the first place did a fantastic job with the design.

18 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

It’s my job to set the tone.

You mean, DEPRESSING VIBES? I swear you're a Dementor.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BradAdamson said:

She was such a warped view on what this album is. It’s an average pop album with nothing to set it apart from anything else that had come out for at least three years proceeding it. She speaks about it as though it’s some misunderstood masterpiece that only people with sophisticated taste will understand when in reality ... the “ahead of its time” thing is deluded.

Yeah, she seems to miss one important thing about this particular album: she doesn't SOUND like herself. She emulates each artist that she's collaborating with in each song, and that's the worst thing that could happen for an established artist. And overall, the sound is kinda all over the place.

• Like 1

Bionic is one of the bests of 00's. It had a lot of hit potantial tracks but too bad didnt see the day light for public to appreciate them. 

I love the way she talks about it. She seems like a very strong woman and Ive always believed that she was so. Stripped is Iconic for pop culture anyway and Bionic missed the chance thx to douchbags. :mhmnod:

• Love 1

I love that she's very passionate about her music, the process of creating it, the aesthetic and themes of the different eras. She's so into her work and she loves to talk about it. (I would like Britney to be a little more like this too! :yesplease: )

Also, I think that as time passed by, she became less shady and more genuine, for example see how she talked about Britney during the Liberation era vs during the Stripped days.

Spoiler

She's a mom now, you know :uknowit:

Edited by Paolo94
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I'm not trying to sound like a hater or a b-h but honestly:

she sounds REALLY pretentious here especially when she talks about her voice and being "ahead of the time". :imacat:

Tbh the album and look of Bionic are just like Lady Gaga back then.

Don't get me wrong, I like the album but im just saying.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block