Nicki Minaj should definitely be cancelled (opinion)

7 hours ago, TikTik***** said:

Or maybe let a REAL judge or justice system decide if a person should be "cancled" or punished for any alleged HARSH accusations... The internet is dark :mariahstare:

"Shout out to my haters, sorry that you couldn't faze me"

you dont need need to have done something illegal to get cancelled, a judge and justice system found her husband guilty of **** and her brother of child ****, and she supports them, this isnt an accusation, this is FACT

• Like 1
12 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah not only cause of what you said but also

the fact that she has SUCH a big ego! She thinks everybody should kiss her big plastic ***!

She has the most nasty and unlikable personality I've ever seen in a music star

Honestly she does not seem like a nice person in my opinion. She just seems to think she is all that

• Love 1

I don’t agree with the herd mentality of cancel culture, but I am SO over her. Over the years I feel that her true personality has shown and it seems so nasty. I just can’t view recent her or her recent music the same anymore. She turns me off so much :joanne: Sad because she really is talented and her past verses are SO iconic. Today all of her stuff just radiates a cocky attitude and not in a cute way. Don’t even get me started with sixnone. 

• Like 2
On 7/4/2020 at 8:39 AM, mmmpapii said:

besides her personal stuff...

I rather think her collaborations are bussiness, recording deals... 
Am I too naive? 

This is actually an intelligent point of view, but the fact she goes HARD for Six-nine and represents him like no other is a huge red flag. 

• Love 1
On 7/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, Jordan Miller said:

I don't agree. Here's why...

Cancel culture is an effect of this "all or nothing" concept. Either we love all of someone or we hate them and there's no in between. 

Why is this problematic?

Because people are not one thing or another. People are complex creatures with many layers and facets to who they are. 

Has Nicki Minaj done / said some problematic stuff? Absolutely. Should we overlook the insurmountable career success she's achieved because of it? I'm not convinced. 

This is white male privilege speaking, Jordan. 👆🏽 Somethings don't live in the grey, some things are clear black and white. Would you say what you just said to the parent of the child that Tekashi (child *** offender. 2015) acted on. The fact Nicki has collaborated with him multiple times and people stay silent and continue to support her is complicit behavior. He is making money of Nicki's collaboration and support, and she is in choice of that. 

On 7/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, Jordan Miller said:

Cancel culture is an effect of this "all or nothing" concept. Either we love all of someone or we hate them and there's no in between. 

Why is this problematic?

Because people are not one thing or another. People are complex creatures with many layers and facets to who they are. 

Jordan, well put. I agree (to some extent). But my question to you is...do you feel this way about republicans/Trump? Seems like you don't operate this way when it comes to politics and are quick to label Trump as ****, racist, a moron, etc, when you probably couldn't explain or even recognize the Opportunity Zone Incentives contained within his tax bill or the FIRST Step Act or countless other bills his administration has passed. :jj:

Juuuuust sayin'. If you're not about "cancelling" Nicki Minaj based on her (strange) associations with pedos/racists/rapists, but you do the same to someone from the other side of the political aisle, what does that make you? :gagasmile:

Oh, this again.  :juggingu:

Maybe is just me, but I don’t care what celebrities say or do in their personal and professional lives. Fans of these people have to check themselves first and make sure that they’re not allowing themselves to be overly influenced by singers and people on television. Celebrities are mainly put on to their platforms to push certain ideals and agendas and it’s all just talk and entertainment news. That’s it, what they say or how they act doesn’t really matter. You have to be a better/bigger person and know that. I know not everyone’s going to act like this, but that’s where it starts.  :tbh:

• Like 1
  • Leader
1 hour ago, sparrowhawk said:

Jordan, well put. I agree (to some extent). But my question to you is...do you feel this way about republicans/Trump? Seems like you don't operate this way when it comes to politics and are quick to label Trump as ****, racist, a moron, etc, when you probably couldn't explain or even recognize the Opportunity Zone Incentives contained within his tax bill or the FIRST Step Act or countless other bills his administration has passed. :jj:

Juuuuust sayin'. If you're not about "cancelling" Nicki Minaj based on her (strange) associations with pedos/racists/rapists, but you do the same to someone from the other side of the political aisle, what does that make you? :gagasmile:

Appreciate you understanding my point of view 🙏 

Regarding Trump... he has demonstrated how evil, gross and uneducated he is time and time again. He doesn't care about the well-being of America. 

I don't have the same views on people who identify themselves as Republicans and Trump. I can separate the two in my mind because he does not accurately portray an entire group of people. He alone is a monster, and his team is an extension of him so they're lumped in. But I don't feel that way towards Republicans by any means. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
2 hours ago, Retrojusticeb said:

This is white male privilege speaking, Jordan. 👆🏽 Somethings don't live in the grey, some things are clear black and white. Would you say what you just said to the parent of the child that Tekashi (child *** offender. 2015) acted on. The fact Nicki has collaborated with him multiple times and people stay silent and continue to support her is complicit behavior. He is making money of Nicki's collaboration and support, and she is in choice of that. 

I hear you. Cancel culture is effective, however also toxic.

I agree there are some things that are black and white, right and wrong. But in each division are many layers: emotions, interpretations, experiences, outlooks, pretenses... that's what makes things grey. While you may personally think something is black and white, someone else may not see things as clearly. I am not saying let's give Nicki Minaj a pass. Just trying to shed more light on my stance and why I said what I said.  

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
On 7/5/2020 at 7:36 AM, justloveme123 said:

Honestly she does not seem like a nice person in my opinion. She just seems to think she is all that

I agree.

I remember she made SUCH a big deal about Cardi B and basically complaining that she didnt kiss her azz.

Idk if she always was like this or became like this as time went on.

However I will say she does make dope music

• Love 1
On 7/5/2020 at 11:58 AM, ovoxo said:

This is actually an intelligent point of view, but the fact she goes HARD for Six-nine and represents him like no other is a huge red flag. 

I like  Nicki Minaj so much, I guess thats why I try to find positive perspectives about her.
But I had no idea about "she goes HARD for six-nine". SO disappointing.
I guess she got lost in the character :(

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mmmpapii said:

I like  Nicki Minaj so much, I guess thats why I try to find positive perspectives about her.
But I had no idea about "she goes HARD for six-nine". SO disappointing.
I guess she got lost in the character :(

Yeah I feel that any chance she gets, she will endorse him. I’ve tolerated her up until recent but that totally turned me off. Shame because some of her verses are the funniest verses to sing along to :britstare11:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block