Nicki Minaj should definitely be cancelled (opinion)

1 minute ago, Style. said:

Every day has to be a thread that cancel Onika Tanya Maraj? WHERE’S MY F REST? Even God had his rest in the 7th day. 
giphy.gif

Y’all are reaching and you know it. 

We just got on good terms, so please don’t bring me into the mess. Lol. ❤️
ariana grande kiss GIF by New Year's Rockin' Eve

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, OnlyFacts said:

We just got on good terms, so please don’t bring me into the mess. Lol. ❤️
ariana grande kiss GIF by New Year's Rockin' Eve

I will not. 💕 About Tekashi, everything is alleged. Only thing proven was that the girl lied about her age and he didn’t touch her.
It’s okay if you don’t like him, I don’t care about him either but stop putting Nicki next to his case when everything was ABOUT business. He was also the only one who was next to her during the Queen era. Trollz is just turning the favor. 

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I don't agree. Here's why...

Cancel culture is an effect of this "all or nothing" concept. Either we love all of someone or we hate them and there's no in between. 

Why is this problematic?

Because people are not one thing or another. People are complex creatures with many layers and facets to who they are. 

Has Nicki Minaj done / said some problematic stuff? Absolutely. Should we overlook the insurmountable career success she's achieved because of it? I'm not convinced. 

You're right. Harvey Weinstein has a troubled past but he also produced some of the most successful films that have changed people's lives. :cheese:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
56 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

They are not hers, and she cheated her way, forced herself on Doja and purchased Trollz over a thousand times. What hype does she have by herself? None:staysalty:

Atlantic Records were ready to pay 50k for a verse on Bartier Cardi, but Nicki declined. 
Doja Cat’ main influence is Nicki Minaj, stated numerous times. Also, her managers phone called Nicki for a collab on Say So. Which by the way, Barbs pushed it to #1. 
Nicki did Hot Girl Summer for free. Megan has to turn the favor. 

So I don’t really see the “force” in anything. Maybe the girls forced Nicki to hop on songs and pray not to be washed. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Style. said:

I will not. 💕 About Tekashi, everything is alleged. Only thing proven was that the girl lied about her age and he didn’t touch her.
It’s okay if you don’t like him, I don’t care about him either but stop putting Nicki next to his case when everything was ABOUT business. He was also the only one who was next to her during the Queen era. Trollz is just turning the favor. 

Looks like he touched her...

[removed]

Edited by Jordan Miller
Inappropriate
  • Leader
12 minutes ago, Neneleaks said:

You're right. Harvey Weinstein has a troubled past but he also produced some of the most successful films that have changed people's lives. :cheese:

Of COURSE there are outliers like him. He's a pig and justice was served. However, I do think people love to jump in on cancel culture because in some weird way it makes us feel better about what's going on in our own lives. Like, "oh, well hey... at least I'm not like [fill in the blank]." That to me is the blaring issue. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Style. said:

You know Nicki a poet. Iconic. I’m waiting for at least something as good as this from these new female “rappers”. 

They are trying to make another Nicki with a FACTORY, but all of them lack talent. 

You gotta have real skill, gotta work for that. If it's really your passion, would you give the world for that? Unlike a lot of these h0es whether wack or lit. Atleast, I can say I wrote every rap I spit. :barbie:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I don't agree. Here's why...

Cancel culture is an effect of this "all or nothing" concept. Either we love all of someone or we hate them and there's no in between. 

Why is this problematic?

Because people are not one thing or another. People are complex creatures with many layers and facets to who they are. 

Has Nicki Minaj done / said some problematic stuff? Absolutely. Should we overlook the insurmountable career success she's achieved because of it? I'm not convinced. 

Nicki Minaj is not the only who has done and said problematic things. Let’s just keep this energy with DaBaby who is beating her girlfriends, Drake flirting with underage females, etc. 

And Nicki would never **** and rob people for money or call a dead black baby a monkey or call dark skin women burnt roaches. 

:weusay:

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Style. said:

Nicki Minaj is not the only who has done and said problematic things. Let’s just keep this energy with DaBaby who is beating her girlfriends, Drake flirting with underage females, etc. 

And Nicki would never **** and rob people for money or call a dead black baby a monkey or call dark skin women burnt roaches. 

:weusay:

Interjecting here: DaBaby does need to be cancelled. He’s on video punching a woman, and he’s on video beating up a club promoter. He’s nothing but trouble. Also his mouth is the size of a clown shoe (due to his big fake veneers)

Intro Smile GIF by DaBaby

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Lies. The girl lied about her age. 

Disgusting. She is a child. These are two grown men who broke the law and preyed on a 13 year old girl. Lying about your age is wrong but the adults should have been the ones to take control of the situation and send her home. 

I really can't believe you're out here defending these men. 

• Love 1
Just now, OnlyFacts said:

Interjecting here: DaBaby does need to be cancelled. He’s on video punching a woman, and he’s on video beating up a club promoter. He’s nothing but trouble.

Meek Mill, too. He is a woman beater. There are plenty of videos where Nicki is just uncomfortable sitting next to him. He seems like he has some problems, Nicki confirmed he was beating her mother and sister. 

• Like 1

Meek Mill, too. He is a woman beater. There are plenty of videos where Nicki is just uncomfortable sitting next to him. He seems like he has some problems, Nicki confirmed he was beating her mother and sister. 

I haven’t seen or heard anything about Meek except what Nicki has said...and honestly I don’t trust what she says about anything sadly 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block