Nicki Minaj should definitely be cancelled (opinion)

6 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I don't agree. Here's why...

Cancel culture is an effect of this "all or nothing" concept. Either we love all of someone or we hate them and there's no in between. 

Why is this problematic?

Because people are not one thing or another. People are complex creatures with many layers and facets to who they are. 

Has Nicki Minaj done / said some problematic stuff? Absolutely. Should we overlook the insurmountable career success she's achieved because of it? I'm not convinced. 

Honestly cancel culture sometimes goes too far for things that happened thousands years ago and even after people apologize. BUT there’s people that should be cancelled forever, I don’t care how much talent or success you have, if you are a horrible person you don’t deserve the fame and fortune. People like Chris Brown and that guy “6xi9” or  whatever his name is, shouldn’t be able to sell a single record. 
“But we have to put apart the artist and the person blah blah blah” sorry but whoever says that is stupid as ****. 

• Love 6

I agree 100%. She’s already cancelled pretty much tbh. She’s banned from radio and can only get a hit if she buys it. She’s lost the respect she once had, unfortunately. I’m sad that this is what has become of nickis career. She should’ve had her own label by now (like drake) and developing new female rap artists. But instead, she’s too busy trying to compete with the new female rappers. These new female rappers are nickis peers and that’s not how it’s supposed to be. Do you think Beyonce is trying to compete with these new pop girls? No. Why? Because she knows her legacy is solidified and she has nothing to prove, and these new girls are not her peers. Nicki however is insecure and wants to be the only female rapper that’s relevant and makes the other females kiss her 🍑. It’s honestly disgusting and shows how miserable Mrs. Petty is. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I don't agree. Here's why...

Cancel culture is an effect of this "all or nothing" concept. Either we love all of someone or we hate them and there's no in between. 

Why is this problematic?

Because people are not one thing or another. People are complex creatures with many layers and facets to who they are. 

Has Nicki Minaj done / said some problematic stuff? Absolutely. Should we overlook the insurmountable career success she's achieved because of it? I'm not convinced. 

R Kelly had insurmountable success too, but his 🍑 is finally cancelled once and for all because of his disgusting actions. Nicki has achieved so much, but her questionable and disgusting choices are what should cause her to be canceled. Her collaborating with a predator twice is alarming...it’s as if she isn’t concerned about his behavior. And then marrying a predator and financially supporting her brother who is a predator is all just too much. It’s as if she is mentally unwell to think that all of that is normal. She deserves to be cancelled and she did it to herself.

Disclaimer: I’m only voicing my opinion, and not coming after you. I don’t want you thinking we’re going backwards, JM

• Love 1
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

She just landed two #1s though. I know they were features but still :jj: 

She also bought those two #1’s. Wasn’t she on twitter telling people that if say so didn’t hit #1 she would remove all of her music? And didn’t YouTube expose her and 6ixty9ine cents for buying views for Trollz? And didn’t Trollz just make history for the biggest drop for a #1 debut song? I mean, none of that screams to be that she’s still relevant. Call me crazy, but true legends don’t receive a receipt when they get a #1 hit 

:straddle:

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

They are not hers, and she cheated her way, forced herself on Doja and purchased Trollz over a thousand times. What hype does she have by herself? None:staysalty:

Exactly! Her fans act like she is still getting solo hits. Every time I mention Megatron or Yikes they dip  The Simpsons Reaction GIF

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block