Kim Petras gets backlash for empathizing with JK Rowling

Telling a trans woman how she should feel on trans issues is peak “woke” bull****. this is the real problem with society today where people think that they have to shun, silence or intimidate those who have an opinion they don’t agree with into submission. Are you that fragile? It’s pathetic really. 

• Love 3

It must be exhausting living life being offended by every comment someone makes. People acting like they are hollier than thou, like they have never said or done anything bad in their life, but as soon as a celebrity or someone says something they don’t agree with, that person has to be canceled. Even people who has done or said something 20 years ago are getting canceled today because your feelings were hurt. People can change. Cancel culture has got to go.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

I hate that JK decided to go out of her way, unprompted, during a pandemic and a worldwide civil rights movement, to try and say that trans women aren’t women? like what??????? you have a billion dollars??? and an enormous following? why would you choose to use your resources this way?????

ANYWAY. Cancel culture is real. And it should be. Hold people accountable for their actions. If you don’t want to be cancelled, just don’t be a transphobic/racist/misogynistic/homophobic piece of ****. It’s really not that hard. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, JordanMiller said:

The collective Internet labeled JK Rowling transphobic after she Tweeted her point of view on trans people. 

Rowling isn't back down. She penned a lengthy essay explaining her point of view. You can read it on her website.

Here's an excerpt: 

"All I'm asking -- all I want -- is for similar empathy, similar understanding, to be extended to the many millions of women whose sole crime is wanting their concerns to be heard without receiving threats and abuse," Rowling said.

It caught the attention of trans pop star, Kim Petras, who was on the other end of backlash following her Tweets to Rowling showing the empathy the distinguished author asked for.

In the now-deleted Tweet, Kim wrote:

EaLVq_GWoAY2oI2?format=jpg&name=900x900

People were quick to call Kim out, which prompted the "Malibu" singer to remove her initial Tweets and issue an apology. 

"I’m sorry . I informed myself about the transphobic attacks going on in the UK right now . JK Rowling’s excerpt being a part of it . Truly sorry to anybody I hurt . I don’t like hate . I thought we could disagree and move on to talking about BLM  . That was dumb , my bad ."

Yet another case of cancel culture. Not everyone is going to see eye-to-eye with Rowling, though she did her best to explain herself. Even if you don't agree with her, this notion of labeling someone something abhorrent doesn't sit well with me. It also sucks that Kim was pressured into retracting her opinion, too. How does bullying someone move any sort of conversation forward? 

Thoughts?

Related:

kim-jk.jpg.2f101a1c0921eae2e1b44edbf08dae9a.jpg

Bro... jk rowling being “bullied?” She has sooo much power in the world and her statements were so divisive. Sounds like what she has said was definitely somewhere on the spectrum of bullying, if not completely bullying and indirectly oppressing a group ...

im not really for canceling her for this type of thing bc people can make mistakes and grow, but if people wanna cancel and support her i can definitely see where they are coming from bc i dont really care to support her anymore either. Use your dang money and power for something better. Put your energy and efforts into something else- more unity, equality, and open mindedness. She is literally the richest author ever. Im not really concerned if shes cancelled or whatever bc she really cant be cancelled bc shes so rich. Shes set for life. She’ll ne fine.

And its like jordan. Instead of spending so much effort defending this billionaire author w divisive trans statements, why dont u spend more efforts defending a powerless group like the trans community. Not that theyre powerless. They’re beautiful strong people, but they are a incredibly opressed group of people as well.  

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

None of the two offended or discriminated against trans people. I can't believe trans women are genuinely pissed off that someone sad only natural born women have periods? It's a ******* scientific fact? It's like me getting angry that someone told me I don't have a *******, it's dumb and that's it. There's actually being upset over something legit, and then there's being a snowflake who is offended by the silliest things and I honestly believe some people need a thicker skin. They think the whole world will treat them like their parents did when they were kids and then they get angry and hurt that it doesn't. If medicine ever develops to the extent of transplanting a uterus and making it work in a trans woman, then by all means, do it, and get periods and be a full woman. But as for now, this is impossible, and people need to deal with it. :ipass:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, helloitsme said:

Bro... jk rowling being “bullied?” She has sooo much power in the world and her statements were so divisive. Sounds like what she has said was definitely somewhere on the spectrum of bullying, if not completely bullying and indirectly oppressing a group ...

im not really for canceling her for this type of thing bc people can make mistakes and grow, but if people wanna cancel and support her i can definitely see where they are coming from bc i dont really care to support her anymore either. Use your dang money and power for something better. Put your energy and efforts into something else- more unity, equality, and open mindedness. She is literally the richest author ever. Im not really concerned if shes cancelled or whatever bc she really cant be cancelled bc shes so rich. Shes set for life. She’ll ne fine.

And its like jordan. Instead of spending so much effort defending this billionaire author w divisive trans statements, why dont u spend more efforts defending a powerless group like the trans community. Not that theyre powerless. They’re beautiful strong people, but they are a incredibly opressed group of people as well.  

J.K. Rowling actually lost her billionaire status because she donated hundreds of millions to black movement groups, LGBTQI groups, and to countries caught up in wars. Not to mention millions she donated to the poor African countries. She is known as the ONLY billionaire to lose their status so quickly by donating millions over millions. I'd say do your research first.

Moreover, she didn't say trans women are not women, instead of jumping on the band-wagon and letting 12 year old children on twitter defining the way you think, one should have and create their own opinion on certain topics instead of following like a sheep. :thelook:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

It must be exhausting living life being offended by every comment someone makes. People acting like they are hollier than thou, like they have never said or done anything bad in their life, but as soon as a celebrity or someone says something they don’t agree with, that person has to be canceled. Even people who has done or said something 20 years ago are getting canceled today because your feelings were hurt. People can change. Cancel culture has got to go.

cancel culture is basically a bunch of teens and middle aged people being poisoned by envy and jealousy that their mediocre lives are boring so they want to destroy those who they DEEM is happier and luckier than them. This is what you get when you think money brings happiness tbh. The world is beyond fu*ed:gunriah:

• Like 1

"People who menstruate" are women, right? Or what does it mean to be a "woman" then? What is a transgender person identifying with or what do they mean when they say they are "a woman born in the wrong body"? What is womanhood, then? Cause there is a social construct that is "femininity" but there is also a biology that we chose to name "woman" or "female", which is basically "people who menstruate" among other things. Can someone kindly and seriously explain it to me, please? I'd really like to understand. Thank you!

7 hours ago, RatchetTrish said:

I hate that JK decided to go out of her way, unprompted, during a pandemic and a worldwide civil rights movement, to try and say that trans women aren’t women? like what??????? you have a billion dollars??? and an enormous following? why would you choose to use your resources this way?????

ANYWAY. Cancel culture is real. And it should be. Hold people accountable for their actions. If you don’t want to be cancelled, just don’t be a transphobic/racist/misogynistic/homophobic piece of ****. It’s really not that hard. 

If we have to cancel every person who has said or done something bad, there wouldn’t be one person left in this world, Including you. 

• Like 2
On 6/11/2020 at 1:33 PM, RatchetTrish said:

It wasn't unprompted at all. When she posted that biological *** was real a couple of well known trans extremists started writing that they thought JK was unsafe to be around children, one person even compared her to Jimmy Saville - yes you read that correctly, JK Rowling stated that biological *** is real and a trans extremist Adrian Harrop compared her to a pedeophile who is suspected to have ***** 100s of children. They later wrote snivelling apologies after JK insinuated she might look at legal proceedings for defamation which is 100% reasonable. Saying that biological females are the only ones who menstruate is not transphobic, JK did not write anything transphobic or unreasonable. It's very telling that even a transwoman herself (Kim Petras) can't voice her opinions on this matter without being 'cancelled'. There are quite a few trans ppl who've agreed with JK and found the pile on to her disgusting. The extremists in that community are doing huge amounts of damage and it will eventually turn onto everyone in the LGBT community. JK has written what she has to voice the concerns of a lot of women and she is in the position to do so, I know it frustrates A LOT of ppl to see a woman who is unable to be harassed, doxed, abused, reported to her employer or shamed into silence...well too bad sorry. Cancel culture is literally the most pathetic **** on this planet and I'm pretty sure only pathetic teens and losers engage in such nonsense.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block