Christina Aguilera's 2008 VMA Performance in HQ is worth re-watching

Christina Aguilera - Genie 2.0 / Keeps Gettin' Better  MTV VMA 2008 medley is probably her most critisized performance. But watching it in HQ it's actually good.

I like that rendition of Genie it sounds so much better than original one. And her costume and make up is on top. I think they were talks she was copying Lady Gaga at a time but who cares.

Also she is in her best shape IMO-not too skinny but also ****. Of course it's not much of the live vocals but it's sounds even better without her screaming.

What do u guys think of that performance.  I think KGB era is so underappreciated.:mhm:

2008+MTV+Video+Music+Awards+Arrivals+elU
xtina-genie.jpg.f7dbcfe506d8e45f845ced6fdcc5de25.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zenden said:

Christina Aguilera - Genie 2.0 / Keeps Gettin' Better  MTV VMA 2008 medley is probably her most critisized performance

I am still mixed about it ! :firega:
I love Dancetina and she looks amazing. But it was that moment, which I felt her sound was starting to get outdated...:notfeelinit: 
Not a fan of KGB, and I would have preferred 10 times Dynamite... :chrissy:

She would have KILLED it !   :feelingit: 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Omg, I forgot about this and literally haven’t seen it since I watched it live 11-12 years ago. Going to have to go watch.

Edit: Okay, I don’t remember Zac Efron being that hot.

Edit 2: This triggered memories for me that I didn’t even realize I had. I remember this surprisingly well. I can definitely see why she got criticized for being too similar to Gaga. Same hair color, hair style, glitter, etc.

I wanna know why they had her live vocals so low when she’s known for being a vocalist. Yes, she danced and moved a lot, but there were definitely some parts where I would expect to hear her. I guess I know how it feels for outsiders to watch Britney performances now. She looked great and her energy and dancing were there though.

• Love 3

Genie remix was cool, but still like the original better. It would have made a cool original song if they change the melody. She looks great, the dancers were great, but she looked like Gaga and moved like Gaga. It's like someone on her team hated her and told her "Hey go out there and just be Gaga." I feel something was lacking from her stage presence. I am a fan, I have a few of her albums, but she does nothing for me on stage... Season 5 Whatever GIF by CBS All Access

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block