Christina Aguilera's 2008 VMA Performance in HQ is worth re-watching

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Mhm. The way that you opened with this line and you still educated us with a lot of insider trivia - you never disappoint. :chrissy: Thank you for flying Toxic Air. :byetina:

Im glad you enjoyed the flight. :pieceofwhat:

51 minutes ago, Alxatc said:

If it weren’t for the wig..... idk I love the performance, but she looks so much like Lady GaGa.... I can still see why she had the comparisons.... :makeup: Ain’t No Other Man on the other hand.... :duadance:

It wasnt a wig.. she cut her bangs.

Her hair were like this one day

YZd7KPCHWmJ4jGb-IH47ROoLcqU0aIHPXCGtzmQI

And then she had bangs for a while until they grew out.

32067_original.jpg37203_original.jpg

Christina+Aguilera+Launch+Christina+Agui

• Love 1

My/the problem with Christina is she since that era NEVER was in sync with what people wanted. Her music was always too late, and behind what other have allready done. And Bionic was a big product of that. I like the album, but I know that is rare for people.

I remember the KGB music video and the backlash for being too madonna-esque, I think even Madonna said so...

I do believe Christina had being working on Bionic even long time before Gaga did her 2nd album, but Christina is a perfectionist, and that costs her again and again.. Weren't there an album she needed to start entirely over with because the songs were allready outdated or already nothing new? 

Her biggest achievement these years really are the collab with Maroon 5 and Pitbull, those are the songs people love now from her...

35 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

Im glad you enjoyed the flight. :pieceofwhat:

It wasnt a wig.. she cut her bangs.

Her hair were like this one day

YZd7KPCHWmJ4jGb-IH47ROoLcqU0aIHPXCGtzmQI

And then she had bangs for a while until they grew out.

32067_original.jpg37203_original.jpg

Christina+Aguilera+Launch+Christina+Agui

Hmmm.... ok well nevertheless she looks like a clone of Lady GaGa there.... ezgif-2-b55b36b6d198.gif

3 minutes ago, joanhs said:

I remember the KGB music video and the backlash for being too madonna-esque, I think even Madonna said so...

I do believe Christina had being working on Bionic even long time before Gaga did her 2nd album, but Christina is a perfectionist, and that costs her again and again.. Weren't there an album she needed to start entirely over with because the songs were allready outdated or already nothing new? 

the music video she got critisized for was Not myself tonight and she literally said in the Making of that it was a tribute to Madonna so I never got that critisism. KGM music video had no Madonna similarities.

Christina said back in 2007 that her next album would be futuristic and Bionic was ready in 2009 but got pushed back because she had to film Burlesque and then the record label ruined it by making her record some more "poppy" songs because they thought the album was to experimental. She never started an album new. The only thing I can thing of is that after her Stripped Tour she wanted to do another North American leg of the tour and make it in the style of the 20ies, 30ies and 40ies but she had to cancel it because she hurt her vocal chords. So instead she scrapped that whole tour idea and recorded Back to Basics.

These were promo images for the tour

dd8c1fd7b1b7ecfce62317eb30e96171.jpg068c462d1836e536065f1ea26e827653.jpg

• Love 2
1 minute ago, The Greatest Show said:

the music video she got critisized for was Not myself tonight and she literally said in the Making of that it was a tribute to Madonna so I never got that critisism. KGM music video had no Madonna similarities.

Christina said back in 2007 that her next album would be futuristic and Bionic was ready in 2009 but got pushed back because she had to film Burlesque and then the record label ruined it by making her record some more "poppy" songs because they thought the album was to experimental. She never started an album new. The only thing I can thing of is that after her Stripped Tour she wanted to do another North American leg of the tour and make it in the style of the 20ies, 30ies and 40ies but she had to cancel it because she hurt her vocal chords. So instead she scrapped that whole tour idea and recorded Back to Basics.

These were promo images for the tour

dd8c1fd7b1b7ecfce62317eb30e96171.jpg068c462d1836e536065f1ea26e827653.jpg

Arh yeah, it was not myself tonight. And exactly about the 2007/2009 thing. If only she had worked a little faster, she would have been before Lady Gaga made it big.

• Love 1
Just now, joanhs said:

Arh yeah, it was not myself tonight. And exactly about the 2007/2009 thing. If only she had worked a little faster, she would have been before Lady Gaga made it big.

Well she had her Baby in 2007 and took a break after that. Her record label wanted to release a Greatest Hits record for her 10 year anniversary which I think was the big mistake. They should have scrapped that and she should have released Bionic (or what ever it would have ended up being 2 years earlier) and then she could have gone on tour. After that she could have done Burlesque. That dumb *** Greatest Hits record was so unnessesary and her team have been screwing her over for years. They literally made her record a whole Xmas album and a Spanish album within a couple of months while touring. Imaging if she would have release a follow up pop album? That would have been way better for her career.  2 Pop albums that go well together like Baby and Oops. It would have solidified her fanbase a bit before she gave us Stripped which a lot of her younger fans were not ok with.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block