Christina Aguilera's 2008 VMA Performance in HQ is worth re-watching

1 minute ago, Niko_TheFreak said:

Genie remix was cool, but still like the original better. It would have made a cool original song if they change the melody. She looks great, the dancers were great, but she looked like Gaga and moved like Gaga. It's like someone on her team hated her and told her "Hey go out there and just be Gaga." I feel something was lacking from her stage presence. I am a fan, I have a few of her albums, but she does nothing for me on stage... Season 5 Whatever GIF by CBS All Access

Yes. I can't see Christina here. I see a Gaga double. This was pretty dumb given the fact 2008 was pretty much one of Gaga's peaks.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Bigno said:

Yes. I can't see Christina here. I see a Gaga double. This was pretty dumb given the fact 2008 was pretty much one of Gaga's peaks.

Yes, exactly, and I don't get it because Christina was in her own lane, she had her style, she was becoming her own artist. I think her team picked up on Gagas vibe and were like lets get on the electro dance vibe quick, plus Britney releasing Blackout a year before, Christina got lost somewhere in between the waves. And then she releases Bionic which again was so close to Gagas sound. I mean the Dirty era was such  an amazing era. I was always hoping she would come back and bring us something  top notch again, but no.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Niko_TheFreak said:

Genie remix was cool, but still like the original better. It would have made a cool original song if they change the melody. She looks great, the dancers were great, but she looked like Gaga and moved like Gaga. It's like someone on her team hated her and told her "Hey go out there and just be Gaga." I feel something was lacking from her stage presence. I am a fan, I have a few of her albums, but she does nothing for me on stage... Season 5 Whatever GIF by CBS All Access

I disagree, Gaga didn’t dress like this, and am I the only who feels Gaga was never a good dancer? Christina nail this I just hated she didn’t prerecord her vocals. She knew better than that 

6 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Your expertise is needed here @The Greatest Show.

Discuss. :chrissy:

I dont have much to say about it tbh. I always hated that hairstyle but I do genuinely think she thought she was being original. People here always say that she was copying britney with the outfit bit she did a target commercial and the music video with a superhero theme and even came out with mask and cape. I do believe her that she was going for a superhero look. They gave her those bangs the day of the show so maybe they just thought her hairstyle looked bad... because it did. I like the song and liked that she did some choreo but I'm still confused shy she didnt sing. Maybe she wasnt in good enough shape since she had her baby and we all know that she loves taking her time.

This was her hair the day before. I think after having big curly hair for the entire B2B era she wanted straight hair bit they realized it didnt look great. So they added bangs to make it less boring.

christinaaguilera-tv-press2.jpg

Pretty sure this is what they were going for

christina-aguilera-tell-me-music-video-m

Also to be fair to her the minute people started calling her a copycat she hacked those bangs off and turned them into this mess and went back to her signature makeup.

00221917dec40aa1881b0f.jpg

Here are her superhero looks from before

7863eabe-7599-40b9-8992-99a85f11cd40.png

article-1083889-02646B8A000005DC-188_468

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, dr35 said:

I feel like this was supposed to be her return from a brief hiatus.... a way to remind us she was still here as she made plans for ‘Bionic’..... it kills me that ‘Bionic’ wasn’t bigger.

Yeah this was just for her greatest hits album. So not a full on era. She did do a mini tour but it was just the dates of her B2B tour that she canceled when she got pregnant and was basically the same show but with this song added and new costumes. Bionic was released 2 years later. It was done a year earlier but they pushed it back so she could film Burlesque.

• Love 1

All of the Gaga comparisons make me think of this karaoke party a girl at work had.  You had to come dressed as who you were going to sing as.  A few of the girls were going as PCD and one of the girls backed out to do her own thing.  She showed up as Gaga but since Gaga was still up and coming everyone there kept calling her Christina Aguilera all night.  Needless to say she was annoyed all night long and wished she had come as a PCD.

frustrated christina aguilera GIF

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, Mattyj7883 said:

All of the Gaga comparisons make me think of this karaoke party a girl at work had.  You had to come dressed as who you were going to sing as.  A few of the girls were going as PCD and one of the girls backed out to do her own thing.  She showed up as Gaga but since Gaga was still up and coming everyone there kept calling her Christina Aguilera all night.  Needless to say she was annoyed all night long as wished she had come as a PCD.

frustrated christina aguilera GIF

I would probably go as Xtina too. :idkney:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block