Dr. Luke produced Doja Cat's "Say So," but where's the outrage?

I think that maybe indirectly a lot of people use the “Dr. Luke” excuse when boycotting Kim to justify their transphobia tbh not EVERYONE, but i’m sure a large majority do. If you can mask your bigotry with another underlying issue then it helps you save face.

I support Kim because shes a new artist, and i’m sure her options right now are very limited as to who she can work with. People need to understand that when you have limited resources and are trying to make something out of yourself sacrifices must be made. Not everything in life falls perfectly align. I’m sure Tina Turner didn’t enjoy getting beat by Ike Turner at the start of her career, but she put up with it to eventually break free and become an icon.

The same thing is happening with Kim to an extent, she might NOT agree with Dr. Luke but shes looking at the big picture and shes breaking new ground with every feat she accomplishes as a transgender popstar.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The reason theres no outrage is because hes using fake names on his music now. It takes an actual amount of snooping to find out its him.

I refuse to listen to Kim Petras because of him; shes enabling a ****** who targets women in the industry.

As much as say so is a bop, I try not to listen to it; when Doja Cat is tweeting about bad contracts when these revelations came out, and then her account is tweeting that if the goes number one, she'll post ***** leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

...and that's before we add the nicki family drama into the mix.

Stream Savage Remix instead.

As a **** VICTIM myself (and I'm only 17:tiffsniffle:) I can say that I don't like him. I hate him and wish him the worst. 

He did (Till proven innocent) something very Despicable and disgusting. No one in the world deserves to experience it. No matter what.

But...:howdareyou:

I have A close friend whom been accused of ****** Assault from a girl. It was discovered she was lying and he did not touch or bother her. He has been really depressed ever since. So I can understand with her that she might be lying and maybe not. 

Do I still listen to his music? Yes. The man is a gunius. It's like for me to stop watching Disney because Walt Disney was anti-semetic. (I'm Jewish) 

It actually surprises me that he still even works with him.  After all of the negative press he's gotten.  Not even the Kesha allegations but Kelly Clarkson saying she refuses to work with him and has been open about her disdain from him.  Doja even wanting out with him.  Obviously he has a bad reputation and isn't good to work with.  The real question is why do people still work with him?  Just so hungry for a hit?  Its the industry's fault they allow him to still work.

As consumers I am able to separate the music from him.  I actually never think of him when I listen to songs he's worked on. 

I haven't believed Ke$ha ever since I found out she actually testified in court that he never did anything to her in an unrelated case a few years before she came out with her allegations. You either perjured yourself then, or you're perjuring yourself now. Either way, you're clearly not above lying under oath, so why should I believe anything you say? :angietea:

That being said, I didn't know "Say So" was by Dr. Luke. It's a bop regardless, and he's definitely got talent. TTWE is still my favorite Britney song, and Circus is up there too. And most of my favorite Katy songs are his. Chris Brown is a trashbag of a human being, and yet most of the GP still supports him. So until they keep that same energy they use against Luke and use it on Mr. Brown, I will continue to enjoy "Say So" and other hits by Dr. Luke. :NYsassy:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Because I don't really care for him and I don't know him, I just know what he looks like. I don't go on Youtube to watch interviews of him. So I can easily separate the producer, from the ******.

Omg this. Thank you. 

Lots of people in entertainment have been shady and done questionable things. But art can easily be separated from the artist, especially when the artists face isn’t on the product. 
I love Kesha (don’t come for me), and I do believe that Dr Luke is most likely a horrible person (Kelly C and P!nk have said things before Kesha), but there is no denying his creative genius. You can love the art without loving the artist :martini:

Plus if I boycotted his bops entirely, not only does that affect the artists too but a decent percentage of my regular playlist would be wiped and I can’t go without those bops, not sorry :byetina:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

Plus if I boycotted his bops entirely, not only does that affect the artists too but a decent percentage of my regular playlist would be wiped and I can’t go without those bops, not sorry 

Imagine living without Circus and Till the World Ends:imacat:

• Haha 1

Thank God this place isn't a courthouse or congress, there would never be any justice.

For the Luke situation I personally have a hard time believing Kesha. She has lied in court at this point and her story changed. I do feel like it was a ruse for her to get out of her recording contract and I do believe Pebe (her mother) pitched the idea. I do believe Luke is an ******* and that he bullied Kesha (which would make her go to the extent that she did) but I'm not buying the ****** bit.

There's a HUGE problem with Cancel Culture and automatically believing a "victim". People lie and some end up believing their lies. This is a perfect example...

She honestly believed the lies she was telling and I don't think it's far off to say that Kesha might be in the same boat given the behaviors she's displayed over the years.

As for JLo and Kim Petras catching flak but not Doja, it just goes to show you how biased all this cancel culture BS is.

Most probably still love Michael Jackson and he was accused of worse by multiple people.

Or let's just ignore that Kobe was accused of and settled a **** case just because he's sports hero and we have no attachment to the "victim".

It's honesty better to not say anything til it all gets dragged out into the open in court,. Until then it's ALL just jumping to conclusions.

Side Note: Dafuq happened to the rest of the reactions?

• Love 1

Great discussion.

But this a multilayered conversation and unfortunately some people don't know how to peel an onion let alone add anything substantial to this convo.

:lemmetellu:

myself included.

:gagasmile:

I mean Britney had accusations thrown at her once about questionable behaviour from a security guard or something, right?

Did we believe her then because "It's Britney, *****"?

Of course I did.

She's the legendary Miss Britney Spears

Cold as fire/hot as ice

"Blackout" is her get out of jail free card.

:raven:

Ok, but for real. Do we stop listening to "In The Zone" because "Outrageous" is still on it?

Do we stop listening to Janet Jackson's discography because she was associated with Micheal?

Is "American Beauty" no longer a great movie because Kevin Spacey is in it?

I don't think there is any one right answer because there are many other factors and talents involved with the creative processes of a lot of these releases.

:mattafact:

• Like 1

I mean, he wasn't proved to be a ******. Cancel culture is such an extreme thing sometimes. I think people forget we have courts to prove things, and if I remember correctly it wasn't proven.  Honestly, does anyone SUPER enjoy new Kesha? It's just ok, her new stuff. She was really big because of him (regardless of how crappy he is as a person). 

• Like 1

I have so many conflicted feelings about this tbh. But I guess to me it’s all about opportunity. For example, Kim is a independent trans artist. What kind of opportunities did she have before working with Dr Luke ? Put yourself in the position of a struggling new pop artist. Can we really blame them for trying to get their name and their art out there ? To me it doesn’t excuse any of dr luke alleged behavior, but I don’t feel these girls deserve any backlash. If a well established artist chose to work with him now on the other hand... Idk tbh... It’s just a deeply complicated issue. 

I've been trying to respond to this for a while now, and I just can't decide how I feel about it. It sucks that Dr. Luke is such a horrible person, but I really enjoy a lot of the music he has helped create. I don't think I'll stop listening, but I can't say I've been listening guilt-free. 

I heard on say so. He changed his name. FYI. Trying to hide the fact it's him. 

But as For Kim. Part of the problem is being an independent act. New acts need to be on a major label. The independent route might work for 69. But let's face it. He's known for criminal activities and such. That he created his fame based off his controversial antics. It's working. Gooba is expected to debut at #1 next week. 

20 hours ago, SelinaKyle said:

Honestly, I tossed "Do Want You Want"  ! My favorite Artpop song...  :gloria:

It's mine too!! But the problem with that song is that GAGA wasn't at her best as a person when she made it, so it's basically a bad memory for her. Many artists go through that, they create art to cope with heavy personal stuff, and even though at that time it's a coping mechanism for them that gave them some sort of relief, then they don't feel like revisiting those times again. But yeah, for us fans the experience is different, the song alone is still fantastic.

Some of yall are really trippin'

I'm gonna repeat myself, but none of you should feel guilty when,

1. There Is No Proof
  2. Kesha Changed Her Story Multiple Times
  3. Most Of You Didn't Cancel Michael Jackson
  4. Most Of You Didn't Cancel Kobe Bryant

It's really effed up that people came for JLo super hard, then Kim, and then Doja gets a pass.

Cancel Culture is mainly bullshyt because most of the time it's over really petty azz shyt that can't be proven or is something that shouldn't even be an issue.

Taylor Swift is a huge part of that problem and one of the best examples because she's helped fuel a lot of that mindset.

She got so much attention after the Kanye fiasco that she just thrived playing that victim role.

That's why she tried to tarnish Katy (and succeeded) and so many just ran with it even though it was wrong.

Going after Kanye again (he's an azzhat anyway, why even give him more clout, oh yeah the pity party victim).

Now the whole Scooter Braun thing, which shouldn't even be an issue because SHE sold those rights in exchange for fame, super kunty to try and ruin someone because YOU regretted YOUR choices. It's not even close to the same as JoJo where she was literally being held hostage in a contract, but no one turned up for that.

Cancel Culture really needs to sit the eff down.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block