Dr. Luke produced Doja Cat's "Say So," but where's the outrage?

Okay first...Kim is not signed to his record label...she has her own Bunhead records...

second...a lot of hypocrisy in here. We don’t k ow the full story or truth in the Kesha situation. I’m not saying don’t believe her, I love her personally, but that doesn’t mean we have to “cancel” every artist that works with him. Y’all do realize Britney herself had a ****** assault case against her years ago right? Where’s your outrage against her? According to a lot of your logic, we should always and only believe the accuser at face value. Where is your outrage against Lady Gaga? She is one of the most outspoken about this issue, yet she knowingly worked with R Kelly and only took it back once she was feeling the heat years later. Oh and don’t forget Gaga also shelled out MILLIONS for Michael Jackson memorabilia. It’s funny how she and a lot of you have very selective outrage:weusay:

• Love 1

As Pitbull put it, it's a matter of he said, she said, and the truth! Kesha changing her story doesn't necessarily mean she lied, but she never pressed criminal charges, and Dr. Luke at least deserves the benefit of the doubt. If her **** allegations are true, Dr. Luke should come clean and confess. Whatever the truth is, we should be neutral and impartial. I do not think Dr. Luke should be boycotted since he was never proven guilty of anything. In America, it's innocent until proven guilty.

Regarding the Michael Jackson case, what infuriates me is so many (incl. journalists and celebrities) were willing to spend four hours watching Leaving Neverland (and in some cases, one more hour watching After Neverland, the Oprah interview), then give the accusers full credence, even bash Jackson online calling him and his supporters horrible things but would not even spend one hour consulting a serious rebuttal website or watching just one rebuttal video such as this one:

from what i understand, doja is forced to work with him despite voicing opposition. i believe i've seen that it dates to before the allegations hit from kesha, so it was not with the current situation in mind. kim is also NOT signed to kemosabe...at least as far as everything i've seen and can find, she is not and has never been signed to kemosabe. that's actually the primary crux of why doja doesn't get the hate kim gets. doja is obligated under her joint contract with kemosabe. kim works with luke voluntarily. 

there is another aspect--kim is much smaller as an artist. her fanbase is also mostly queer. that plays a role in it..the queer community is far more likely to discuss these things. they are far less likely to dismiss the issue or not know about it. i have seen discussions about doja's ethics--from gay people, that is. doja has broad appeal, and she has more straight listeners than queer ones, many of whom won't ever gaf about her working with Luke. kim is not mainstream, despite my university tricking me into thinking she was for a sec by playing heart to break literally every 30 minutes in the dining hall (like really wtf...so random). she is not the focus of the mainstream, she is the focus of queer people, and they are far more critical of some things than mainstream society. there is also an aspect of her being held to a higher standard for being trans by some people, even if it's implicit rather than explicit. kim not ditching luke really doesn't help her image; doja has a contract, kim is working with him on her own accord. 

the transphobia directed at kim over it all is not cute though. i don't ever condone it. i'm indifferent to her but i defend her when people start calling her Tim and other clearly transphobic things. especially not cute when doja has said a certain slur so many times and that could embolden her fans defending her in this situation to do so. those that love doja and defend her can get pretty nasty and in the territory of anti-queer rhetoric pretty quick despite mainly being queer themselves...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block