Did you ever anticipate Work ***** becoming iconic like it did?

WorkBishStan94

Hi everyone, new here! (Well sort of - I had an account years ago under comebackkid15) 

So as my introduction, I want to talk about the iconic Work ***** and the impact it had. Did you think that would happen when it was released in 2013? The song has almost 330,000,000 views on YouTube, one of her highest streamed songs, and also has been used in many commercials and film. 

Discuss the iconic Work *****

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think its a hit like a few of her other singles. People only got exposed to it really during her residency (already fans) and whenever she performed her set of hits at BBMA, Apple Music Festival, etc. I don't feel like too many people in the GP would know the song. And I also feel like it should stay that way considering mostly all of the vocals on the track are not even hers. 

People refuse to accept its iconicness, but yes it is :lemmetellu:

It's the latest hit the GP remember from her, and I've heard it from people who don't even care about Britney. I would've thought that Scream & Shout would be that song, because it has almost twice the views on youtube, but as I've always said, for whatever reason, people don't realize that's Britney Spears despite the revealing "Britney *****" phrase.

And no, I didn't expect it to become this iconic, because I thought it would be banned everywhere, for the title, and that the censored version sounded stupid, but somehow it clicked, and anyone that tries to deny it is delusional :holduplisten:

It was a slow burn, but it happened. I don't know why people here aren't accepting the fact that the phrase "Work *****!" isn't just as iconic as the phrases "Hit Me Baby One More Time", "Oops I Did It Again", or "It's Britney, *****!"

Vegas helped, but I think because the fact streaming platforms were really becoming the norm around the time of it's release and public gym playlists were becoming a big thing is the reason this song skyrocketed so much. It was a gym anthem. Think about all the times you hear it in commercials or on TV: It's typically to show someone working out. Britney made a workout anthem. I doubt that was the intention but it happened lol

and I feel like I'm in the minority of stans who doesn't think Myah sings the entirety of this song. I definitely know she's present, but I don't think she serves more than anything other than a backup singer on the track.

Hey @Work*****Stan94 I’m new here too (joined yesterday)! I loved Work ***** at the time when it came out but never thought it’d become this big, like some people have said it’s the last song people really remember from her and the GP definitely knows it! I’ve even seen viral tweets about it. It’s not my absolute fav Britney song but hey she barely releases singles nowadays and at the end of the day it’s another iconic hit to her discographybritney spears brit GIF by Vevo

It's because of the fact that she always performed it (and always performed it first), put it in many shows and movies as a workout song, and then had a bunch of merch with work ***** on it (the zone....). All of these made this song her last "iconic" song. Even with scream and shout being popular as it was I feel like WB kinda stood the test of time in terms of longevity

Not at all! I had a hard time with this song when it first came out. I liked it but it sounded more like a remix to me than a real song. It didn't take long for me to LOVE it though lol.

It's cool that she has an iconic song that's semi-recent. I would love to see her have another one!

Archived