LA Times basically said Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have replaced the old 00s pop royalty of Madonna and Britney Spears

I would say that Ariana is a contender for new princess of pop but I wouldnt give her that title yet. Lady Gaga is a different kind of pop star to me and I think shes in her own lane...Madonna is and will always be the Queen of Pop. Britney is and will always be the Princess of Pop. All four of these women are different lol. 

10 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Too bad you cannot see that stupid love has been quite successful:rihit:

Stupid love was a flop. Just like Yummy by Justin Bieber it only charted high initially because of stans doing intense streaming parties and initial hype. It came and went and no one cares anymore.

also you really think Gaga has replaced Madonna but Ariana hasn't replaced Britney? don't be delusional. The woman out of these 4 who is most likely to be remembered for eternity is Madonna. It's not even close. Then goes Britney, then goes Gaga, then goes Ariana.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

Stupid love was a flop. Just like Yummy by Justin Bieber it only charted high initially because of stans doing intense streaming parties and initial hype. It came and went and no one cares anymore.

also you really think Gaga has replaced Madonna but Ariana hasn't replaced Britney? don't be delusional. The woman out of these 4 who is most likely to be remembered for eternity is Madonna. It's not even close. Then goes Britney, then goes Gaga, then goes Ariana.

I didn’t say that lady Gaga nessecarily dethroned Madonna. I just “might have” because I already know this is enough of a controversial topic:imacat: most of the people I know who aren’t strong fans of lady Gaga loved the song :yaknow: the song has received 90 million streams, has so far sold 1.02 million within a month, and might have had a strong free fall in the charts, but is still in the charts and isn’t bubbling under hot 100:tired: but who knows, sometimes the 2nd singles of an era turn out more successful than the first one, so maybe we can expect the next singles for a Ariana’s or BLACKPINK video which might end up more successful:duadance:

I'm sorry, but implying that Gaga's career ended in 2012 is ridiculous, she had Applause, a #4 on the Hot 100 back in 2013 that has gone 5x platinum in RIAA, had Million Reasons, a 3x platinum single that peaked at #4 in 2017, (the one she already has almost 500M of streams on Spotify). ARTPOP and Joanne gone platinum in the US for 1M copies sold. Stupid Love another top 5 having leaked 40 days before launch. she's much better in charts than Britney was in Blackout / Circus, and pretend that she's over since 2012 it's the same to say that Britney was over in 2004.

:pleaseshhh:

14 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I didn’t say that lady Gaga nessecarily dethroned Madonna. I just “might have” because I already know this is enough of a controversial topic:imacat: most of the people I know who aren’t strong fans of lady Gaga loved the song :yaknow: the song has received 90 million streams, has so far sold 1.02 million within a month, and might have had a strong free fall in the charts, but is still in the charts and isn’t bubbling under hot 100:tired: but who knows, sometimes the 2nd singles of an era turn out more successful than the first one, so maybe we can expect the next singles for a Ariana’s or BLACKPINK video which might end up more successful:duadance:

the song was dragged by the GP on twitter 

tweets like this got more likes than Gaga's tweet herself.

It just doesn't makes sense to say that Britney can't be dethroned but Madonna can be.

Even between Britney and Madonna in the year 2020,

who's a more powerful touring force? Madonna

who had a top ten hit more recently? Madonna

who had a number one album more recently? Madonna

2 hours ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

the song was dragged by the GP on twitter 

tweets like this got more likes than Gaga's tweet herself.

It just doesn't makes sense to say that Britney can't be dethroned but Madonna can be.

Even between Britney and Madonna in the year 2020,

who's a more powerful touring force? Madonna

who had a top ten hit more recently? Madonna

who had a number one album more recently? Madonna

But dear, I never said that Gaga dethroned madge, I just said she “might have” with a teeny tiny 3% chance. I don’t wanna talk about the topic anymore because then, this thread will turn into a Madonna vs Gaga thread:mcorangu:

26 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

But dear, I never said that Gaga dethroned madge, I just said she “might have” with a teeny tiny 3% chance. I don’t wanna talk about the topic anymore because then, this thread will turn into a Madonna vs Gaga thread:mcorangu:

but you said the chances of that happening are more likely than ariana dethroning britney, when ariana is more successful than gaga currently and madonna is more successful than britney currently. 

but anyways peace and love :mhm:

18 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

but you said the chances of that happening are more likely than ariana dethroning britney, when ariana is more successful than gaga currently and madonna is more successful than britney currently. 

but anyways peace and love :mhm:

Sorry sugar boo:kyliecry:didn’t mean it that way:fakecry: but peace and love too:sendinglove:

On 4/24/2020 at 10:18 PM, EasyThere said:

At least Britney lasted longer. And Scream and Shout peaked in 2013 not 2012 :chrissy:

noo noo sis. the last Era that made brits name WW was Femme Fatale literally it shaken her image WW and a lot fallen in love with her that Era

not saying what's after is bad but it was mostly for fans. 

also why mention a collab?. then where's A star is born? :fran:

• Super Mods
On 4/24/2020 at 11:12 AM, brycetippe said:

How about we stop comparing female artists and using newer females to invalidate older women? You don't see this **** happening with male artists. It's completely misogynistic and ageist, so it is stupid to do so. They're all talented women. Period. Newer artists will always draw more attention than artists who have been in the business 20+ years. In 10 years, Gaga and Ariana will not have the same staying power as the contemporary artists that come to the pop music scene. 

So sick of the media pitting females against each other and treating ageing female pop acts like garbage. r00d.

Jessica Simpson has also talked about this in her book. That she realized that the people she should be more angry more is the higher ups that intentionally create false competition just to get them to be catty towards each other. I’m sure the business suits get a thrill off that in the comfort of their posh offices.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Jessica Simpson has also talked about this in her book. That she realized that the people she should be more angry more is the higher ups that intentionally create false competition just to get them to be catty towards each other. I’m sure the business suits get a thrill off that in the comfort of their posh offices.

It pisses me off so much. These women are all so talented, the best of the best. Yet our cultures patriarchal structures constantly just have build these women up and then tear them down. Why can't we just cherish all of them for the contributions they make to music and our popular culture? Ugh. So gross.

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
28 minutes ago, brycetippe said:

It pisses me off so much. These women are all so talented, the best of the best. Yet our cultures patriarchal structures constantly just have build these women up and then tear them down. Why can't we just cherish all of them for the contributions they make to music and our popular culture? Ugh. So gross.

In their eyes, it makes good business and strokes their ego. I mean look how Larry calls the shots behind the scenes and Britney taking the blame for it in the front lines. It’s easy for him to book this and that and cram as much gigs as he can without thinking the consequences or cares because he’s not the one putting on skimpy outfits and dancing on stage. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, EasyThere said:

Scream and Shout was a hit thanks to Britney and will together. While Shallow was all thanks to Bradley and his core audience. Simple as that

Doesn't matter tho Gaga got so much attention after that and it's undeniable, doesn't make her career "Dead".

also a number 1 for so idk 5-6 weeks?

did they replace Brit and Madonna moment? no i don't think it can be replaced.

is Gaga over? no.

let's not pit them together. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block