LA Times basically said Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have replaced the old 00s pop royalty of Madonna and Britney Spears

Well as soon as "Rain On Me" was announced... the LA Times basically said to the current pop generation that Gaga is the queen of pop and Ariana is the princess of pop....replacing the 00s version of queen and Princess Madonna and Britney.

Citing while both are legends, they literally failed to get a hit.

LA asked when was the last time anybody outside the two fanbases even asked: hey let's stream Madonna or Britney? Radio doesn't play Britney that much compared to her contemporaries Justin Timberlake or the Backstreet boys, who scored one of their biggest radio hits a couple years ago with "Don't Go Breaking My Heart."

Also, Britney fans are the early millennials which means like half her fans are turning 40 in the next few years... which already tells you that they don't matter anymore.

The current generation, people 11-21-years-old, have more streaming power.

Britney and Madonna fans prefer to buy than stream.

Tragic if you ask me, but hey that's aging and the difference of generations for you. Out with the old and in with the new?

britney-ari-gaga-madonna-tweet.jpg.3ddc100f5dd890c945810806e5e5e78e.jpg

britney-ari-gaga-madonna.jpg

• Haha 1

They aren't even in the same stratosphere as either. It would be funny if Britney had come up and hit her peak during the social media era. The younger generation doesn't realize that she would be the most followed and talked about person in the world. 

• Love 7
  • Like 2

What's so surprising about that, though?! Times change. Popstars come and go. The new crop replaces the old crop. 'Replacing' someone doesn't mean erasing their impact or legacy. Everyone still remembers and regards Britney and Madonna as legends. Plus, if anyone's erasing their legacies - it's them. They're ruining their own legacies. :martini: However, I'm surprised Rihanna didn't get a mention. If anyone could take Madonna's spot, it's her even if she doesn't have a tenth of Madonna's artistic integrity. :donewithit: As for Britney's 'replacement' - super debatable. I don't think Ariana has been around for long enough. She needs a few more eras that are as successful as her last two. Gaga and Taylor could come for that spot, though. Katy and Bey are huge too. :lizzie:

First of all Gaga is this generations Christina Aquilera at best. No shade whatsoever, but their similarities are much more comparable than Britney and Madonna. Both had some good video's and some good songs early in their careers. Gaga was a hype that lasted 3 years. She is a little over a 10 year career and already flopping since her 4th album, while Britney literally changed the music scene and by the time she was 10 years into her career, she was still getting number 1's left and right.

So that LA Times magazine was probably written by a Gaga stan who didn't research pop culture history. And don't even get me started on Ariana who releases music just to release music without substance whatsoever. She does have some amazing songs though.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, nakedsoldier said:

First of all Gaga is this generations Christina Aquilera at best. No shade whatsoever, but their similarities are much more comparable than Britney and Madonna.

AMAZING. I love this. I never saw it like this and I actually agree! I'd like to add that even Gaga's acclaim is very Xtina, you know. With her Grammys and all. :barbie:

• Content Curators
On 4/23/2020 at 12:52 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Also Britney fans are the early millenials which means like half her fans are turning 40 in the next few years

Why do they put everything in one box Britney's impact is ageless. 

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

I wanna be there when you touch fire

13 minutes ago, MyQueenBritney said:

Interesting how there is never these types of articles written about male artists. 

It’s ridiculous that current and previous generations of Male pop artists can co exist at the top but yet female artists are always compared to each other and treated as if there is only room at the top for one main pop girl. 

Preach!:meryl:

• Like 2

I love me some Gaga and Ari but that article needs to calm down..

No one in the music industry will ever have the influence that Britney and Madonna have had, not even Beyonce..

MJ = King of pop

Prince = Prince of pop

Madonna = Queen of pop

Britney = Princess of pop
You aren't ever gonna get a 4some that iconic in your lifetime ever again!!

• Love 5
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block