Rumor has it Christina Aguilera will receive the Video Vanguard Award at the VMAs

• Leader

Christina Aguilera has had some pretty epic music videos throughout her 20+ year career: Dirrty, Candyman, Fighter, Beautiful, Genie in a Bottle... 

A lot of her peers, including Britney, Justin Timberlake, P!nk, JLo, Missy Elliott, Beyonce, and Rihanna, among others, have already received it. 

There's a rumor that she is at the VMAs on August 30th. Xtina teased she has an announcement this Friday, so...

Should Xtina get it next? If not... why do you feel that way? :chrissy:

Related:

xtina.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

I mean why not? Her videos (especially during stripped) are iconic and she has memorable hits like genie in a bottle and has a fantastic voice (minus the unnesscary demon summoning growling and screams:beysip:) she is literally the voice of the generation. So yes, she does deserve it. But I have heard that Gaga will be receiving hers this time.hopefully she gets it 2021

• Haha 1
  • Like 3

Sorry Xtina, but no. She has some  good ones, but she was never really iconic the way her peers were. I would say her her most iconic video is Dirrty and I feel like is a rip off of I’m a Slave 4 U just taken one step further, or dirtier if you will. (I still love it though)  Really you can’t compare her videography to Britney, Beyonce, Madonna, MJ, Janet, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Missy Elliot, etc. Lady Gaga definitely deserves it next. Makes sense with her having an album coming out this year too. I’d even say Katy Perry deserves it more than Xtina at this point... and I’m no Katycat. Ariana too. Has Drake won it? I’m not a fan... but his videos have definitely had more impact than Xtina at this point... 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Has Drake won it? I’m not a fan... but his videos have definitely had more impact than Xtina at this point... 

Drake has only ONE video which is impactful and that’s only gods plan. Otherwise he is very generic and mediocre with his videos :yaknow: the fact to even compare his video should to Xtina is illegal and should nevertheless be said in history :lessons: Fighter/Beautiful>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drake :schoolingtime:

• Love 2
  • Like 5
48 minutes ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Has Drake won it? I’m not a fan... but his videos have definitely had more impact than Xtina at this point... 

No way. He has a ton of oversaturated hits on the radio but his music videos are not memorable at all except Hotline Bling.  :lessons:

I had this discussion last year with one of my Twitter friends / co-Fighter. As much as I love Xtina and she is and will always be my #2 popstar, I don't think she deserves it. Because while it's true that she does have iconic music videos. It's not that plenty. That's the point. :chrissy: Which music videos of her do I think are truly iconic to the general public in mainstream media, in popular culture, and globally? They are

1. Lady Marmalade
2. Dirrty
3. Beautiful
4. Fighter

I love her but she can't have a Vanguard with just those iconic music videos alone. Britney has 3x that number. :byetina:

• Love 2
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Excuse me but Stronger 2.0 is iconic 

Who can forget about Sometimes 2.0 ?

Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know 2.0?

From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart 2.0 

No shade I love popstar Jessica, and I never made those Britney 2.0 music videos until now :haha:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block