Rumor has it Christina Aguilera will receive the Video Vanguard Award at the VMAs

2 minutes ago, ShatteredAss98 said:

Actually I’m well aware thank you. I grew up with her music.

1998?? Bish I was born in 2000.... which doesn’t help my case but whatever 🤡

Impossible just like I can never be aware of the impact Madonna had in the 80s and 90s because I either wasn’t alive then or was too young to comprehend it. I was 7 when Britney debuted and 8 when Christina came along. Britney will always win in cultural impact, but Christina was everywhere at the time too. You can read about it or you can experience it. Unless you experienced it you really can’t downplay her impact. You were 7-8 when she stopped being that big which is the age I was when she debuted so yeah of course you would think Gaga deserves it over Christina because you experienced her career in its entirety 

On 8/13/2020 at 7:51 PM, Itscuzim31 said:

You know she definitely declined to perform. Their way of getting her back was by having her introduce Beyoncé. 

Yes, deep down I know she declined to perform... I wonder how much Billboard paid her to perform that medley she did years after....

anywho... MTV always do Britney wrong like having Gaga dressed up as Jo Calderone or cutting Britney speech juat to introduce Beyoncé  :liar::tiffanycries::notfeelinit::meltdown::girlbye:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

In what world is Xtina just anyone :wtfdidusay:

Also yea they would've announced it by now so I'm doubting this is happening :( 

This award used to be given to people like Bowie, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, etc that revolutionized music videos and had crazy awesome iconic videos. They were innovative and trend-setting. and now it's given to people with just a couple of semi-memorable videos.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

They just give this award out to anyone now don't they lol. But anyway don't they usually announce the recipient weeks in advance?

Yeah which makes me think either 1. it's being rested this year (besides, the VMAs never used to give it out every year. It's only since 2013 they started giving it out yearly) or 2. it's a surprise (and the only two artists I think could pull of a surprise Video Vanguard award are either Eminem or Taylor Swift)

1 hour ago, Isla said:

Yeah which makes me think either 1. it's being rested this year (besides, the VMAs never used to give it out every year. It's only since 2013 they started giving it out yearly) or 2. it's a surprise (and the only two artists I think could pull of a surprise Video Vanguard award are either Eminem or Taylor Swift)

LGR the VMAs are bull**** and mean nothing anymore lol people dont even make good videos anymore and get awards for them.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block