Rumor has it Christina Aguilera will receive the Video Vanguard Award at the VMAs

Ofcourse she should receive it!

lana del rey yes GIF

She helped shape the world of pop we have now! Kids these days only care about whoever is trending or at the top of the charts. They don't take artistic integrity into account. That's why we ended up with all these mediocre, copy cats that every teen is worshipping. Thinking they are the first of their kind. Please!!! Broaden your horizon and educate yourselves on the core history of pop music and its culture. There will never be others such as Cher, Madonna, Britney, Christina or Jessica! EVER!! Girls might be able to come close but wont ever hit the mark of stardom they have! 

frustrated christina aguilera GIF

The Video Vanguard award is presented by MTV for outstanding contributions and profound impact to music videos and popular culture.

You fact check ANY music video done by any little pop star sensation out now and you will get some reference to at least one of the women I mentioned! It's a FACT!!

sam smith women GIF

So those of you who area saying Christina does not deserve it, respectfully take ssseeeevvvveeeerrrraaaallll seats!!!

phaedra parks have several seats GIF

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

I don't feel like the Vanguard award should be an every year award.  If its given every year then we're just going to start giving it out to whoever is next.  Ariana will get it in 2 years.  Like it should be a special award that is only given to an artist that has made a huge impact on music videos.  Britney deserved it.  Beyonce deserved it.  Missy Elliot deserved it.

So many people are just getting it because they are a veteran in the music industry but not because they have an iconic videography. 

I'm sure I'm going to get some hate but I think it needs to be a more prestigious award.

With that said, Christina has had some pretty iconic videos that have stood out from the pack so I'm cool with her getting it.  :clap1:

• Love 2
On 4/10/2020 at 4:36 PM, Roxxy said:

I had this discussion last year with one of my Twitter friends / co-Fighter. As much as I love Xtina and she is and will always be my #2 popstar, I don't think she deserves it. Because while it's true that she does have iconic music videos. It's not that plenty. That's the point. :chrissy: Which music videos of her do I think are truly iconic to the general public in mainstream media, in popular culture, and globally? They are

1. Lady Marmalade
2. Dirrty
3. Beautiful
4. Fighter

I love her but she can't have a Vanguard with just those iconic music videos alone. Britney has 3x that number. :byetina:

i Think the same

Xtina have good music but the whole "xtina" experience are NOT the best, i mean i like more Ariana experience than xtina, why?

her videos after keeps getting better was just ok, nothing special,  Bionic, lotus was amazing, but the videos and singles were just...:cheese: and her last shows, i mean the song selection:parisok:

So She don't deserve this time

On 4/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, jordeezy said:

There is no way Pink and Rihanna deserved it b4 

On 4/10/2020 at 3:39 PM, jordeezy said:

There is no way Pink and Rihanna deserved it b4 Christina 

Pink is definitely a contender if she hasn’t gotten it, makes me think Rihanna received it?in 2016. Christina is more on brand for 2020 lol she does have come on over 

• Love 1

WoW! I Can't believe  Justin Timberlake(maybe but videos weresn't his thing), P!nk(WTF), JLo(WTF), Missy Elliott, Kanye(WTF) and Rihanna have recieved it before her especially for her groundbreaking Beautiful video. I understand her career basically stopped after Bionic and she has a nasty attitude but still she did a lot in that time. There was no reason for JLO to win this award PERIOD i loved her but her videos were not groundbreaking and showed nothing new. 

On 4/13/2020 at 10:34 PM, BritneySpurs said:

That's opinion based. I love pop music and really enjoy music videos and I didn't care for most of those examples (and I really loved Stripped as an album). The only video that I hear anyone ever mentioning is Dirrty and maybe Beautiful. Those are just a couple of videos out of her whole career that anyone still talks about, unless you can provide examples of anything else.

She was a major force during that time and she deserved it more that a lot of these people before her. The ****** empowering themes of DIrrty to the LGBTQ themes of BEAUTIFUL way ahead of its time VERY BRAVE *i remember seeing it and i was like damn some one notices us. There's a message in all her videos. She even did the one shot in "the Voice within" before Beyonce. I could go on and on about her vid and why they were important but she's the O.G.  strong woman pre gaga pre beyonce pre cardi pre nicki out there speaking. 

On 4/10/2020 at 4:36 PM, Roxxy said:

I had this discussion last year with one of my Twitter friends / co-Fighter. As much as I love Xtina and she is and will always be my #2 popstar, I don't think she deserves it. Because while it's true that she does have iconic music videos. It's not that plenty. That's the point. :chrissy: Which music videos of her do I think are truly iconic to the general public in mainstream media, in popular culture, and globally? They are

1. Lady Marmalade
2. Dirrty
3. Beautiful
4. Fighter

I love her but she can't have a Vanguard with just those iconic music videos alone. Britney has 3x that number. :byetina:

Agree with those but you have to add genie in a bottle lol come on over still slaps the video feels like a target commercial but it’s catchy and what a girl wants is good too. 

On brand for 2020 if you think about it if we all really wanted to watch the Vmas it be Britney Live instead there is going to be no red carpet and Christina is wining the biggest award of the night. lol I’m not mad if she wins she deserves it she has enough hits:videos in her early career and radio songs to be cool from an at home experience. 

She definitely deserves it. Her music videos are iconic. She didn't release as many albums as her peers and still delivered a lot of great and iconic music videos. Plus she definitely enriched MTV's era of music videos back then. Her videos were on rotation for months and created hype. She's an icon. I hope MTV does the right thing this time around. I think people would tune to watch her receive the award. The general public is still interested in her and remembers her from The Voice and some messy things that happened to her, but they definitely  know her for her voice. I'm all for it and I'm not even a fan. 

Edited by Splendore Oceanico

Chris deserved it and I hope she will win.:lollipop: She was overshadowed by Britney. And unfortunately, Christina is not so successful anymore. But 2000 were pure gold. So many great artists.I miss those days so much. We were really jaded. That's are why I did not like back then some artists,music videos, or outfits.It was too much. If I look back now and even when I look to the music industry today, even the worst stuff was diamonds compared to the best today. But I think everyone says that about his youth.:oprah:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block