Lemonade is overrated [Opinion]

1 minute ago, Britney_Love_Fan said:

I thought Im the only one who doesnt like the album :truthtea:

God it’s my least favorite from Bey. All her other projects were far better. I felt like she was trying to hard, and the main reason it has like a 93% on metacritic is mainly because of politics, sandcastles and Daddy lessons. Otherwise the album itself is in a 65%-73% range without that....

Just now, Blackout2006 said:

God it’s my least favorite from Bey. All her other projects were far better. I felt like she was trying to hard, and the main reason it has like a 93% on metacritic is mainly because of politics, sandcastles and Daddy lessons. Otherwise the album itself is in a 65%-73% range without that....

My favorites are the self-titled album and her debut album. (These are the only Beyonce albums that I like tho) :gagasmile:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Britney_Love_Fan said:

My favorites are the self-titled album and her debut album. (These are the only Beyonce albums that I like tho) :gagasmile:

Oh my god I LOVE BEYONCÉ (self-titled)!:makeitrain:Truly a fantastic transition and body of work :clicktina: Here’s my ranking of bey:

1. Beyoncé & I am...Sasha fierce

2. B’day

3. Dangerously in love 

4. 4 (pun not intended :embarrassed:)

5. Lemonade :juggingu:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Oh my god I LOVE BEYONCÉ (self-titled)!:makeitrain:Truly a fantastic transition and body of work :clicktina: Here’s my ranking of bey:

1. Beyoncé & I am...Sasha fierce

2. B’day

3. Dangerously in love 

4. 4 (pun not intended :embarrassed:)

5. Lemonade :juggingu:

In the Sasha Fierce album I like only Diva and Single Ladies. The other songs are "meh" for me. In 4 I like only I care and people say how this album is underrated, but I think that even the success it got is enough, It's kinda basic album. Beyonce is a masterpiece, every song is a bop. My favs there are Drunk In Love and Partition. B'day is really underrated (I love Ring The Alarm (A BOP)). Dangerously in Love is just amazing (Naughty Girl is my fav). And then Lemonade comes...Lets just pretend this album doesnt exist :gagasmile:

• Love 1

For me, Lemonade is a piece of art , Why????????

When an album is qualified as Great Performance , its everything involve this album , is the result of adding:

Concept + Music Work + Art and Visual Production + Performance 

this album just got 10/10 of this, This is a therapy concept album not an album you could always hear , its a therapy album mixed with good BOPS Like Freedom + Formation + Sorry, The songs or the way was involved just share a feeling, and that connect with the people who has been on this situation, and the iconic launch of this album by the lemonade film was seeing by almost GP and the visuals was just amazing in the way she transmit her work.

Truly Concept Albums are Like El Mal Querer by rosalia, The Misseducation of Lauryn Hill, Jagged Little Pill By Alanis Morissette. Are albums like involve all the concept in every lyric, every song, every music video or performance.

Albums from Britney, ShakIra, Xtina, Madonna , Ariana Grande just got too many bops in one album but it not fit at all with the concept because to many jumps in one album. 

Pss  This is a free opinion forum, but if anyone want to quote me, please do it with arguments , i sugest in a good way to study a little bit more about GP, Marketing, Music Business, Entertainment and Procedures before just writing a post. 

On 4/10/2020 at 1:58 PM, Blackout2006 said:

Sorry, i said what I said :queenflopga: yes, lemonade is overrated. I understand why people love it (because of it praising black culture) but fans and critics made it seem like the best album ever. The fact that Lemonade was rated as the album of the decade, and Melodrama wasn’t shows how much useless praise it got. Out of 12 tracks, I only liked formation,hold up, and castles, daddy lessons and love drought. And it ends there. Sorry is just plain vulgar, Beyoncé sounded constipated yet angry in 6 inch:feelingit:, she tried to sound like a rockstar in don’t hurt yourself but failed miserably :billie: and the album was just miserable :byesmoke: plus, only because it was Beyoncé who made the record, people breathe it like as if the album pays their bills:searching: also, it’s bullcrap that the album has a 92 percent rating in meta critic. That’s too much for this album. 72 would have been the best for it:nochillbrit: 

BEYONCE (self titled album)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lemon juice :beysip::firega:

lemonade.jpg

I love u      u said why i was gonna say

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Britney_Love_Fan said:

In the Sasha Fierce album I like only Diva and Single Ladies. The other songs are "meh" for me. In 4 I like only I care and people say how this album is underrated, but I think that even the success it got is enough, It's kinda basic album. Beyonce is a masterpiece, every song is a bop. My favs there are Drunk In Love and Partition. B'day is really underrated (I love Ring The Alarm (A BOP)). Dangerously in Love is just amazing (Naughty Girl is my fav). And then Lemonade comes...Lets just pretend this album doesnt exist :gagasmile:

Yessss!!!!:yesplease: 

Besides anything Taylor Swift has released, I would count lemonade as the most overrated album of ALL time. Thank you dearly for this thread. Anyone who disagrees with me is just a beyonce fan who would buy her autotuned farts if that were to be released as a single.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, vzlafan said:

For me, Lemonade is a piece of art , Why????????

When an album is qualified as Great Performance , its everything involve this album , is the result of adding:

Concept + Music Work + Art and Visual Production + Performance 

this album just got 10/10 of this, This is a therapy concept album not an album you could always hear , its a therapy album mixed with good BOPS Like Freedom + Formation + Sorry, The songs or the way was involved just share a feeling, and that connect with the people who has been on this situation, and the iconic launch of this album by the lemonade film was seeing by almost GP and the visuals was just amazing in the way she transmit her work.

Truly Concept Albums are Like El Mal Querer by rosalia, The Misseducation of Lauryn Hill, Jagged Little Pill By Alanis Morissette. Are albums like involve all the concept in every lyric, every song, every music video or performance.

Albums from Britney, ShakIra, Xtina, Madonna , Ariana Grande just got too many bops in one album but it not fit at all with the concept because to many jumps in one album. 

Pss  This is a free opinion forum, but if anyone want to quote me, please do it with arguments , i sugest in a good way to study a little bit more about GP, Marketing, Music Business, Entertainment and Procedures before just writing a post. 

Madonna has made serious albums.

2003's American Life, 1989's Likr a Prayer, 1998's ray of light, 2019's Madame X. But continue with the false narrative 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Madonna has made serious albums.

2003's American Life, 1989's Likr a Prayer, 1998's ray of light, 2019's Madame X. But continue with the false narrative 

the first 3 almost, but madame x? really? Its not the same narrative connected songs, but i invite you to read a little bit more

Ps: having  a album with bops is than good than a concept album

There is not a single song I like on the album. period.

At least BEYONCE had Partition. I didn't like ANYTHING on 4 either.

The only person who is more overrated than she is would be Taylor Swift.

1. B'Day (Irreplaceable, Ring The Alarm, Upgrade U, Deja Vu, Beautiful Liar)

2. I Am.../Sasha Fierce (Sweet Dreams, Halo, If I Were A Boy, Diva)

3. Dangerously In Love (Crazy In Love, Baby Boy, Naughty Girl)

4. BEYONCE (Partition)

5. 4 (The songs are ALL overrated AF. The only one I can tolerate is Love On Top and it'd be a filler track on anyone else's album.)

6. Lemonade (I literally don't enjoy a single thing on this album. If it weren't for the Beyonce hype machine, you would all call it filler.)

I'll never understand all the hype with a catalog that is so blah.

Dua Lipa has better songs from just her first album alone and she actually wrote them.

Even Ciara has a more enjoyable catalog.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block