Lemonade is overrated [Opinion]

7 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

How is that proof of it’s timeless sound? We still talk about Britney Jean 7 years later, is that because of Myah’s timeless sound? :chrissy:

No but BJ is talked about among the fandom , lemonade is being talked about all over , I don't think Beyonce's fans talk about BJ , the opposite on the other hand Happens quite often .....:firega:

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Livin4art said:

No but BJ is talked about among the fandom , lemonade is being talked about all over , I don't think Beyonce's fans talk about BJ , the opposite on the other hand Happens quite often .....:firega:

Well no one would be talking about Beyoncé’s last two albums. The one no one cared for and that movie remake soundtrack or something :demi:

• Haha 1

I think it's hard to compare her self titled album to Lemonade because they are completely different. Beyonce is the artist and Lemonade is the artist telling a story of how black women continuously get put on the back burner and forgotten about. 

What I like about Lemonade: the story, the videography and how the videos feed into each other, the emotion behind it and how it revealed what Jay-Z did to her. I think at that point none of us knew for certain that he cheated...

What I didn't like about Lemonade: it kind of excludes her other fans...and makes it all about her african american fans (which isn't bad) this is why I wrote my post Where Is Beyonce. 

Other than that the album is pretty solid and cohesive. I disagree with your over rated statement, but will say that it's not her best effort. That honor obviously goes to her self titled album. Another thing to note is that anything Bey does at this point will be "hyped". 

serena williams sorry mv GIF

1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

That honor obviously goes to her self titled album.

Lol no that album was solid. It was cohesive in its own and gives a experience to the ears. Let’s not forget she was talking about black females also in the self titled record (no angel), how she talks about society’s crappy standards (pretty hurts, arguably her best ballad besides sandcastles:wontcry:), female empowerment with flawless and so much more. Now that’s what u call outstanding.

plus, Beyoncé outsold lemonade

• Like 1

It seems that since "4" she just puts a lot money in the making and production of her albums. She has an impeccable creative team you can tell.. Look at the credits album on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemonade_(Beyoncé_album) 

It's like there are aaall those people who works for her, but you don't feel HER intimacy. To me it just sounds expensive, but not visionary. I mean 15 people wrote Hold up....   and it samples 3 songs. :cackling:

I think the album is good, but I don't think it's MASTERFUL, as people like to say. :heresthetea:
And if to compare, Madonna worked almost only with William Orbit, to produce and write Ray of Light, and that was a masterpiece.

• Like 2

Lemonade talked about the infidelity of Jay Z.

The woman herself was literally about to kill him in six inch. 

What made me respect the album more. I understood it more through the visual fiom itself with her spoken narrative. 

If anything Lemonade Made jay Z. Ditch the playa persona and start acting like a king beside his queen. 

• Love 1

Imagine being so self centered in thinking that just because YOU don't like something and millions of others do it is somehow "overhyped". You can not like something and it can still be good. And the fact that this album sparked political conversations and debates, made #1 despite being a surprise release AND it being a Tidal Exclusive, had two hit singles, encouraged and empowered many people (particularly Black Women), was the best selling album in the world the year it came out, is universally acclaimed, and had multiple college classes revolving around are proof that it is an objectively great  body of work. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Lemonade talked about the infidelity of Jay Z.

The woman herself was literally about to kill him in six inch. 

What made me respect the album more. I understood it more through the visual fiom itself with her spoken narrative. 

If anything Lemonade Made jay Z. Ditch the playa persona and start acting like a king beside his queen. 

I thought she already did with B'day... Ring the alarm and resentment >>>>>>>> lime

On 4/10/2020 at 10:58 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Sorry, i said what I said :queenflopga: yes, lemonade is overrated. I understand why people love it (because of it praising black culture) but fans and critics made it seem like the best album ever. The fact that Lemonade was rated as the album of the decade, and Melodrama wasn’t shows how much useless praise it got. Out of 12 tracks, I only liked formation,hold up, and castles, daddy lessons and love drought. And it ends there. Sorry is just plain vulgar, Beyoncé sounded constipated yet angry in 6 inch:feelingit:, she tried to sound like a rockstar in don’t hurt yourself but failed miserably :billie: and the album was just miserable :byesmoke: plus, only because it was Beyoncé who made the record, people breathe it like as if the album pays their bills:searching: also, it’s bullcrap that the album has a 92 percent rating in meta critic. That’s too much for this album. 72 would have been the best for it:nochillbrit: 

BEYONCE (self titled album)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lemon juice :beysip::firega:

lemonade.jpg

The thing about this album being released was something more about the money and Beyoncé making clear she is an icon and a reference. Maybe some have forgot about it, but she was set to release a joint album she had with Jay-Z. This was a money movement since they had made peace already about the cheating and all, so it really didn't make sense to put out an album where you leave your husband  in not a good place once your problems are solve. She used that as a clickbait and it worked. You can tell how Beyoncé, since her self title album, only wants to be a money maker and not a music maker... At the ends she is unable to write an entire song 

• Like 2
On 4/11/2020 at 3:07 PM, SelinaKyle said:

It seems that since "4" she just puts a lot money in the making and production of her albums. She has an impeccable creative team you can tell.. Look at the credits album on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemonade_(Beyoncé_album) 

It's like there are aaall those people who works for her, but you don't feel HER intimacy. To me it just sounds expensive, but not visionary. I mean 15 people wrote Hold up....   and it samples 3 songs. :cackling:

I think the album is good, but I don't think it's MASTERFUL, as people like to say. :heresthetea:
And if to compare, Madonna worked almost only with William Orbit, to produce and write Ray of Light, and that was a masterpiece.

You nailed it 

A+ post omg 

3 hours ago, YALA said:

but she was set to release a joint album she had with Jay-Z. This was a money movement since they had made peace already about the cheating and all, so it really didn't make sense to put out an album where you leave your husband  in not a good place once your problems are solve.

But didn’t she release Everything is love which was a joint album with Jay-z and it was a hard flop?:demi: the album has so far sold only 600k:umomg: even glory outsold that album :spit: so she was pretty lucky I guess in 2016 to drop the project because imagine how badly it would flop:orangu: her stupid beehive army would shut up in 2016 and not make fun of glory flopping :overitkbye:

• Like 2
On 4/13/2020 at 4:15 PM, Blackout2006 said:

But didn’t she release Everything is love which was a joint album with Jay-z and it was a hard flop?:demi: the album has so far sold only 600k:umomg: even glory outsold that album :spit: so she was pretty lucky I guess in 2016 to drop the project because imagine how badly it would flop:orangu: her stupid beehive army would shut up in 2016 and not make fun of glory flopping :overitkbye:

lol, I forgot about Everything is love.... I suppose that says everything :akii:

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block