Lemonade is overrated [Opinion]

To me, it is visually one of the best 'visual albums' to date. The videos, the narrative, those monologues, the artistry in it, those cultural representations etc.. :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes: however, I can't say the same about the music. Sadly, I must admit that there are only two or three solid songs on the album and the rest of it, well, maybe I just need time to let it grow on me :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Groundbreaking said:

To me, it is visually one of the best 'visual albums' to date. The videos, the narrative, those monologues, the artistry in it, those cultural representations etc.. :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes: however, I can't say the same about the music. Sadly, I must admit that there are only two or three solid songs on the album and the rest of it, well, maybe I just need time to let it grow on me :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: 

This! :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Love 1
On 4/10/2020 at 12:10 PM, Puppy said:

You live in a desert...of course you would be thirsty for some lemonade :tbh:

I live in the same desert, and let me tell you, MANY of us are not thirsty for this poop water. I do not like this album. And I’m not a fan on Beastoncé. I won’t rant here in this thread because I already said enough on the “I have Questions” post... but, I made this meme a few years ago when she put out Lemonade. Hope u guys like it ❤️💋13043372_10206445509925037_8075850310969

• Love 1

I really didn't know that people talked about Daddy Lessons like that, like it's her best song ever.  It wouldn't even make my top 20 for Bey tracks.  Its a skip :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

Best Beyonce for me will always be B'Day!! I have vivid memories of the first time i saw the video for Kitty Kat, and it was equal parts the best and worst thing i had ever seen!!  That album start to finish is just party and makes you wanna throw your freakum dress on

• Like 1

I completely agree. I think most of the songs on it are awful, I kept trying, and I just could not get into them. I love Sand Castles and Daddy’s Lessons, all night is pretty good, and formation grew on me. But the rest is terrible. Particularly Sorry and Hold Up, those singles were terrible, no wonder they couldn’t break the top 10. 

I was a huge Beyonce fan for a long time, Sasha Fierce is my fave album my her. I can respect that she decided to go more rnb/hip hop after that album, but that’s when she started to lose me. I respect where she wanted to go as an artist (though part of me feels like she did it since ppl were starting to get over her) but I’m just a pop music lover, I prefer when she had better melodies, catchy choruses, and actually SANG, so many of her recent songs she’s trying to rap more and more. 

I do think she’s overrated, she’s very talented but I don’t think she’s the artists of her generation or anything. I feel like get peaks have never been like Madonnas, Michaels, Britney’s, Elvis, Lady Gaga, heck evening Taylor and Arianas peaks seem bigger to me than Beyoncé’s. I just don’t feel like there’s ever been a time where she’s been THE dominate pop culture icon. She’s kinda like Pink, she’s always been very successful but never been the main person. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The problem is Lemonade is strictly for her black audience.

That's really the one who praised it as it was meant for them. 

So all you dissing lemonade. I guarantee you're the problem she's addressing in the Music especially formation. 

So back off. It was made for a certain part of her audience

Ah yes, so if we don't like the Lemonade album, we're all racists? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Just because it has a deep meaning doesn't mean the music itself is perfection. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Ah yes, so if we don't like the Lemonade album, we're all racists? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Just because it has a deep meaning doesn't mean the music itself is perfection. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I don't know the Album recieved critical acclaim and it's a rare 5 Stars out of 5 on rolling stone. 

The big problem is most of you like pop music, which isn't bad, but none of you like songs that tells stories, y'all just wAnna escape life, bit that's not always a great thing. 

Lemonade is basically saying, we can get through This, we can fight it. We shouldn't let the love die cos of a mistake. 

The fact that Jay Z basically took a step back and let Beyoncé be the breadwinner proves he listens.

But a lot of you aren't even In relationships to actually understand that. 

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I don't know the Album recieved critical acclaim and it's a rare 5 Stars out of 5 on rolling stone. 

The big problem is most of you like pop music, which isn't bad, but none of you like songs that tells stories, y'all just wAnna escape life, bit that's not always a great thing. 

Lemonade is basically saying, we can get through This, we can fight it. We shouldn't let the love die cos of a mistake. 

The fact that Jay Z basically took a step back and let Beyoncé be the breadwinner proves he listens.

But a lot of you aren't even In relationships to actually understand that. 

Just because a song tells a story doesn't suddenly make it amazing. Do I go around and say "If you don't like Everytime by Britney Spears, YOU are the problem because it's objectively amazing!!!!!!!", nope.

An album can have a great theme but be lacklustre overall, a lot of people here don't have the same opinion of critics likely just because most of us are here because of an artist who isn't a fan favourite of many critics. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Beyonce's music isn't above us, we can comprehend the music and formulate our own opinions. :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

You do also realize that there are Black people who dislike this album too? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block