Nicki Minaj is not the highest certified rapper

Spicechinodiva

Ok. 

So I hate to break it to you.

But Nicki is not the highest certified rapper . 

That would be Cardi B.

Stan Twitter and Fans credited her features as part of her RIAA database.

But nope. RIAA only gives certs to the main artist. Not the featured act. 

So nicki wasn't in the 100 million club at all.

RIAA states her certs stands at 30.5 Million digital singles.

Even if you add her albums. It won't go to 100.

She has two platinum albums and two double platinum albums.

30.5 plus six million is 36.5.

Cardi still trumps her with the iconic Grammy winning invasion of privacy.

35.5 Million digital singles

Plus a triple platinum album.

That's now the longest charting female rap ever. 

38.5 altogether.

Cardi is still more successful than the barbz think. 

In two years. She outsold Nicki. 

So y'all been lied to. RIAA denies nicki in the 100 million club. Cos all her features aren't hers in the database.

She only has a few just credited to her.

one direction no GIF

nicki-minaj-queen.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not one to engage in stan wars because I think they're pointless, each artist should be appreciated and respected for their craft, even if they're not particularly your cup of tea.

However, it goes without saying that without Nicki Minaj, there would be no Cardi B.

The same goes for if there was no Lil Kim or Missy Elliott, there would be no Nicki.

Each artist has created impact, with or without sales.

Ok but Taylor has outsold Britney according to RIAA certifications too, but who is still Princess of Pop? It's Britney, b-tch.

It's not about sales. It's about impact. And without Nicki Minaj paving the way, there would be no Cardi B. I love Cardi B too but this ain't even up for debate boo, so whatchu sayin we've been lied to? By who? Take a seat because Nicki is Queen. Period. :thelook:

I hate the 'without her we wouldn't be able to have her".  I get it we always have to appreciate the people that came before us because they laid out a path for us to walk in but who says that they wouldn't be as successful if they didn't have the standards or path previously set in place.  Lets just applaud them and enjoy the music.  Just be a Nicki fan or a Cardi B fan. Stop putting this ladies against one another and enjoy that you are able to live in the same time period that they are living in.    

WHAT IS THIS THREAD.

Both rappers are amazing in their own way, and SO different from each other, and with a huge personality each. So they don't even have to compete with each other.

Having said that..... Nicki is THE rap Queen. She's amazing, super talented and incredibly consistent. And she's being going at it for years now.

The only variable that really separates established artists from successful acts of the moment is longevity. So only time will tell.

14 hours ago, Roxxy said:

Ok but Taylor has outsold Britney according to RIAA certifications too, but who is still Princess of Pop? It's Britney, b-tch.

It's not about sales. It's about impact. And without Nicki Minaj paving the way, there would be no Cardi B. I love Cardi B too but this ain't even up for debate boo, so whatchu sayin we've been lied to? By who? Take a seat because Nicki is Queen. Period. :thelook:

Lol what? No. In terms of US sales, yes but obviously not WW. Taylor Swift has no sold 185 million records whereas Britney has sold 210 million records. Britney’s debut alone outsells Taylor’s best selling album LOL

4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Lol what? No. In terms of US sales, yes but obviously not WW. Taylor Swift has no sold 185 million records whereas Britney has sold 210 million records. Britney’s debut alone outsells Taylor’s best selling album LOL

Ok but I said RIAA certifications. As in Recording Industry Association of America. I was only talking about the US because this thread (if you understood the main post) is only focusing on RIAA certifications - as in the US, and not worldwide sales.

You tried it. :queenflopga:

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Ok but I said RIAA certifications. As in Recording Industry Association of America. I was only talking about the US because this thread (if you understood the main post) is only focusing on RIAA certifications - as in the US, and not worldwide sales.

Okay so I DUD mention in terms of US sales (RIAA) so yeah. But u must have misunderstood.Bye

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

cardi "payola" b? cardi "doesn't write her own material" b? cardi "raps like she has two potatoes in her mouth" b? i'm not a nicki stan but in terms of pretty much all aspects nicki far outstrips Cardi(ovascular) B(actericemia). smarter, more well spoken, funnier, better rapper, better writer, better musician, had to work harder to get where she is (female rap was DEAD at the time and hip hop was about as half as big when nicki first made waves as it is now), better put together, better influence on young fans like in all ways..to top it off (and this isn't important for them as people but is a cherry on top) is far prettier than cardi B. cardi can be funny but also tends to be annoying and the lights are on but i'm not sure anyone has ever been home. nicki sounds like an intelligent woman who has played up an image in the past because she knows that what being a popular musician is about.

there is only one thing cardi has over nicki and it's not certifications. certifications are irrelevant--aside from my point about the state of rap when nicki was at her peak vs cardi, ,they don't indicate quality, likability, talent, or anything like that. half the time certs aren't even updated for years, look at quite a few of britney's things. nicki's husband is the undoing because yes, gross situation. he's not a good person from what i've heard at all. i don't know that much, granted, but when the word ****** predator comes up and it's not baseless it's automatically not cute to be associated with that person. let's not pretend like a whole lot of awful **** hasn't been tolerated in the hip hop music industry, or any music industry. even more, what about celebrities that didn't say **** about harvey weinstein? where is their nicki treatment? offset may not be that bad but he's also not a saint so it's not like cardi married a saint and gets brownie points for it.

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Okay so I DUD mention in terms of US sales (RIAA) so yeah. But u must have misunderstood.Bye

You're the one who misunderstood me because you @-ing me in the first place clearly means you didn't understand what I was saying in my first post. Nice try, Jayden. :queenflopga:

Archived