Shakira - "Men In This Town"

Shadow2003

I was once browsing Wikipedia and came across Shakira's She Wolf album. It was categorized as an electropop record and, as a sucker for electropop, I immediately was interested. I downloaded the record and one of the first songs I listened to was "Men In This Town", since I remembered reading somewhere that it was a highlight on the album. Well, whoever wrote that was absolutely right. This is just a really fun but also weird song, so I thought I'd share it with y'all. I'm so surprised that it wasn't released as a single and, even worse, was only performed live, like, once. :deadbanana:

What do you think?

she-wolf.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I still remember how some members ripped me to shreds when I was just a fledgling Exhaler - for liking this album. :mattafact:

This album is AMAZING! It's literally a pop gem. It's not innovative or particularly artistic, but it's an enjoyable and fun POP record. It reminds me of Circus in way, just a little bit more cohesive but with less "stellar quality" songs like Circus or Unusual You. 

• Content Curators
24 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Shakira stans and I’m talking about the stans please introduce me into some real deep cuts from her albums that are real good 

I’ve listened to ciega sordomuda enough this quarantine :setfire:

Well the entire Donde Estan Los Ladrones ? album is excellent I highly recommend you listen to all of it, my favorite song is Tu. Laundry Service also has good bops on it Te Dejo Madrid, Suerte and Ready For The Good Times. Other songs I recommend by Shaki are Las De La Intuicion, La Torttura, Animal City, Don't Bother, Loba, Give It Up To Me, Devocion, Rabiosa, Chasing Shadows, La la la Brazil 2014, Comme Moi, La Despedida, Chantaje, Deja Vu and my all time favorite Shakira song Loca Por Ti.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
7 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Well the entire Donde Estan Los Ladrones ? album is excellent I highly recommend you listen to all of it, my favorite song is Tu. Laundry Service also has good bops on it Te Dejo Madrid, Suerte and Ready For The Good Times. Other songs I recommend by Shaki are Las De La Intuicion, La Torttura, Animal City, Don't Bother, Loba, Give It Up To Me, Devocion, Rabiosa, Chasing Shadows, La la la Brazil 2014, Comme Moi, La Despedida, Chantaje, Deja Vu and my all time favorite Shakira song Loca Por Ti.

Ugh yess thank u 

Also is there like a Shakira forum and stuff maybe it’s on exhale idk but like I just wanna see some opinions and stuff

u being a fan urself what was ur opinion of the el dorado tour? ;)

• Content Curators
On 3/29/2020 at 3:30 PM, Britneyarmy8 said:

Ugh yess thank u 

Also is there like a Shakira forum and stuff maybe it’s on exhale idk but like I just wanna see some opinions and stuff

u being a fan urself what was ur opinion of the el dorado tour? ;)

The tour was bland her dancing was lazy in my opinion she did sing live and she looked beautiful. The song selection was not my favorite ether she choose a lot of songs that I don't really care for.

Also another Latin pop star I recommend is Thalia her visuals are not really interesting but her music is amazing I recommend No Me Acuerdo and Valiente as a good introduction.

4 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

This album is AMAZING! It's literally a pop gem. It's not innovative or particularly artistic, but it's an enjoyable and fun POP record. It reminds me of Circus in way, just a little bit more cohesive but with less "stellar quality" songs like Circus or Unusual You. 

Yeah but a lot of members here came for me and downvoted me for saying I like Laundry Service AND She Wolf when I was just a newbie here. Like, just 2 months ago. :wontcry:

41 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Back in the day there used to be this place called foros provided by univision they were legit so much fun they had a foro for every single pop star and Shakira's was one of the most popular ones but they dissolved because people started getting out of hand and since then I haven't really found any place for Shakira quite like that.  But if anyone else is reading please let us know.

The tour was bland her dancing was lazy in my opinion she did sing live and she looked beautiful. The song selection was not my favorite ether she choose a lot of songs that I don't really care for.

Also another Latin pop star I recommend is Thalia her visuals are not really interesting but her music is amazing I recommend No Me Acuerdo and Valiente as a good introduction.

Amor a la Mexicana :barbie:

56 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Thalia is an icon. A legend. She is the moment. Ex acts are all shaking because Rosalinda outsold Wizards of Waverly Place. Marimar outimpacted Hannah Montana. Maria La Del Barrio outviewed Sonny with a Chance. Maria Mercedes outpeaked Victorious. I Want You out bopped Rare. :mattafact:

• Content Curators
31 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Thalia is an icon. A legend. She is the moment. Ex acts are all shaking because Rosalinda outsold Wizards of Waverly Place. Marimar outimpacted Hannah Montana. Maria La Del Barrio outviewed Sonny with a Chance. Maria Mercedes outpeaked Victorious. I Want You out bopped Rare. :mattafact:

Only an Icon could, Marimar auuuu

Archived