Shakira - "Men In This Town"

Shadow2003

• Content Curators
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

:orangu: it's really good!

"there's a spy by my window, I know it's Lou" :bop:

I can't :haha: 

I just can't stand the way she tries to make her voice sound like a trumpet or whatever that is it's so cringey and awkward. 

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ciega Sordomuda bridge >>>>>

"ojerosaflacafeadesgreñada torpetontalentaneciadesquiciada completamente descsontrolada tútedascuentaynomedicesnada vesquesemehavueltolacabezaunnido dondesolamentetútienesasilo ynomeescuchas loquetedigo mirabienloquevasahacerconmigo aaaaay" :livinggg:  

Omg is that from pre- Laundry Service? I can't relate. I'm not familiar with her rock roots. :embarrassney:

I only know Ojos Asi and Un Poco De Amor:wontcry:

• Content Curators
On 3/29/2020 at 7:50 PM, PokemonSpears said:

:yesplease: that's my favorite song of hers

or maybe Maria Mercedes, but I really love Por Amor, it's so good and so underrated

I LOVE Por Amor it's my all time favorite Thali song it's so amazing  but I also love this performance of MM 

Just now, Roxxy said:

Omg is that from pre- Laundry Service? I can't relate. I'm not familiar with her rock roots. :embarrassney:

I only know Ojos Asi and Un Poco De Amor:wontcry:

how can't you not know the best of Shakira? :rihit: Her first two albums (which are in reality third and fourth :squintney:) are the best of her career

You should really check those two albums: Pies Descalzos and Dónde Están los Ladrones? And also the MTV Unplugged.

• Content Curators
7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

what :orangu: when?

You know that part where she's like wawahh wawaahwaahh :haha: I feel stupid writing it :haha: That thing she's doing with her voice, we are talking about Spy ft Wyclef right ? 

2 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

I LOVE Por Amor it's my all time favorite Thali song it's so delicious and amazing  but I also love this performance of MM 

I like Thalia better, but I think overall I like more Paulina Rubio songs :emotedeletedbyJordanwhereBritneycovershermouth:

I'm just glad that I grew up listening to all these pop artists, and both music in Spanish and English.

how can't you not know the best of Shakira? :rihit:

Aw Pokie ok you didn't have to get mad at me and downvote  :kidcries:

You should really check those two albums: Pies Descalzos and Dónde Están los Ladrones? And also the MTV Unplugged.

I tried Dónde Están los Ladrones before but my body was looking for the bops and i just couldn't enjoy the album because it's too rock for me. :embarrassney:

• Content Curators
Just now, PokemonSpears said:

I like Thalia better, but I think overall I like more Paulina Rubio songs :emotedeletedbyJordanwhereBritneycovershermouth:

I'm just glad that I grew up listening to all these pop artists, and both music in Spanish and English.

Yeah me too what a time right ? Paulina' 2000 album is AMAZING I actually saw her on tour a while ago. 

Yeah for me overall I like Thalia's albums more but Pau has better singles. AGREED being exposed to both worlds made it even better.

• Content Curators
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I never knew that was Shakira, I thought it was just some background singer lol or even Wyclef

I think it's funny :blol:

Yeah that's what I'm talking about it's hysterical and I cant it's too much for me.

2 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Yeah me too what a time right ? Paulina' 2000 album is AMAZING I actually saw her on tour a while ago. 

Yeah for me overall I like Thalia's albums more but Pau has better singles. AGREED being exposed to both worlds made it even better.

Y Yo Sigo Aqui was my favorite Spanish song as a kid :barbie:

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Aw Pokie ok you didn't have to get mad at me :kidcries:

I tried Dónde Están los Ladrones before but my body was looking for the bops and i just couldn't enjoy the album because it's too rock for me. :embarrassney:

tumblr_nla1jzdFrg1qdk4doo7_250.gifv

jk :haha: I think it's different for everybody. Especially if you didn't get to listen to it when it came out. The context and the nostalgia must play a huge factor. Also I don't know where you come from, but I suppose it must be different for someone that isn't Latin, or if you got to know Shakira in her blonde phase. At the time the album was very successful, it had lots of singles and I think basically all of her songs were performed live at some point across all the different promo appearances she did.

For me it's very difficult to give an objective opinion about it, because all of those songs, are just my childhood, so, yeah, I don't really know what it's like for someone else that listens to it for the first time, years later.

• Content Curators
12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

how can't you not know the best of Shakira? :rihit: Her first two albums (which are in reality third and fourth :squintney:) are the best of her career

Bruta, ciega, sordomuda
Torpe, traste y testaruda
Es todo lo que he sido
Por ti me he convertido
I LOVE THAT SONG UGHHHHHH

4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Y Yo Sigo Aqui was my favorite Spanish song as a kid :barbie:

that whole album was really good. We had it on cassette. I think the song I like the most is Sexi Dance, even though my eyes bleed with the way it's written lol

Ironically, I didn't like Gimme More when it first came out because it reminded me of that song. It's like, it was ok for Paulina Rubio to be trashy, but not my Britney

but i also like her 90's songs like Te Daría Mi Vida, Dime Si Soy ****, Amor de Mujer, and of course her latest singles from mid 2000's onward

that whole album was really good. We had it on cassette. I think the song I like the most is Sexi Dance, even though my eyes cry with the way it's written lol

Ironically, I didn't like Gimme More when it first came out because it reminded me of that song. It's like, it was ok for Paulina Rubio to be trashy, but not my Britney

I liked the song but couldn’t get into the video for a long time 

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

tumblr_nla1jzdFrg1qdk4doo7_250.gifv

jk :haha: I think it's different for everybody. Especially if you didn't get to listen to it when it came out. The context and the nostalgia must play a huge factor. Also I don't know where you come from, but I suppose it must be different for someone that isn't Latin, or if you got to know Shakira in her blonde phase. At the time the album was very successful, it had lots of singles and I think basically all of her songs were performed live at some point across all the different promo appearances she did.

For me it's very difficult to give an objective opinion about it, because all of those songs, are just my childhood, so, yeah, I don't really know what it's like for someone else that listens to it for the first time, years later.

I listened to it in high school when I bought Oral Fixation Vol 1 & 2 because by then I already own 3 Shakira albums and being my completist self, I wanted a reason to buy her previous albums. But I just really couldn't like them because my teen self was looking for the bops. Hehe. I only got to know her via Whenever, Wherever and so on, so dark hair rocker Shakira (at the time) wasn't hitting the right buttons for me. I only know Ojos Asi because I have LS and I know Un Poco De Amor because it was a background song from the online game I used to play professionally. Hehe. Sorry. :ehum:

Archived