Shakira - "Men In This Town"

Shadow2003

6 hours ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

also what do you guys think of Belinda? I know she's not really respected in Mexico but her music in my opinion is top tier

Her situation is kinda tricky. It's almost like Paulina Rubio, but Belinda can actually sing. The problem they have in common is that ridiculous attitude they've always had.

Belinda, at 30, still looks very young and fresh and as I said, she does sing, but she just hasn't taken advantage of her talent. It's been centuries since she released a proper album, though lately she had success with that single with Los Ángeles Azules.

I do like most of her early stuff, when it was more pop/rock, before she started going too electronic and urban. And I kinda wish she would be more successful in music, because I grew up with her, since I was a kid, with her telenovelas and stuff, but I don't know, she's taken her career to this weird, uncertain place. She had everything to become Mexico's next superstar (literally, like her song from Cómplices al Rescate) but she just wasted that opportunity.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Her situation is kinda tricky. It's almost like Paulina Rubio, but Belinda can actually sing. The problem they have in common is that ridiculous attitude they've always had.

Belinda, at 30, still looks very young and fresh and as I said, she does sing, but she just hasn't taken advantage of her talent. It's been centuries since she released a proper album, though lately she had success with that single with Los Ángeles Azules.

I do like most of her early stuff, when it was more pop/rock, before she started going too electronic and urban. And I kinda wish she would be more successful in music, because I grew up with her, since I was a kid, with her telenovelas and stuff, but I don't know, she's taken her career to this weird, uncertain place. She had everything to become Mexico's next superstar (literally, like her song from Cómplices al Rescate) but she just wasted that opportunity.

Pues sí, estoy de acuerdo, ella está malgastando su talento. Qué está haciendo en La Voz ya? Ella todavía es muy jóven y podría hacer mucho más. Me gustó su último álbum Catarsis, es una pena que no haya vuelto a lanzar algo. Si ella fuera a lanzar algo, crees que tendría éxito?

Espero que no sea demasiado tarde y que la gente no esté olvidándose de ella. No creo que ella aún tenga disquera, pero con el marketing correcto podría volver a ser un éxito, porque sigue siendo famosa, no? Ahora mismo me parece que méxico no está produciendo muchos cantantes exitosos en pop latino, o sea ahora parece que todos son de Colombia o Puerto Rico. Belinda puede ser esa cantante exitosa para México.

Archived