Shakira - "Men In This Town"

Shadow2003

• Content Curators
6 hours ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Back in the day there used to be this place called foros provided by univision they were legit so much fun they had a foro for every single pop star and Shakira's was one of the most popular ones but they dissolved because people started getting out of hand and since then I haven't really found any place for Shakira quite like that.  But if anyone else is reading please let us know.

The tour was bland her dancing was lazy in my opinion she did sing live and she looked beautiful. The song selection was not my favorite ether she choose a lot of songs that I don't really care for.

Also another Latin pop star I recommend is Thalia her visuals are not really interesting but her music is amazing I recommend No Me Acuerdo and Valiente as a good introduction.

Thank god I just needed one other fan to be confused with 

like the tour confused me cause u had GREAT NUMBERS like she wolf and whenever wherever 

but she kinda looked tired and the outfits were soooofoxkodkff 
Also the dancing was wack at points aka non existent 

but I went to both piece of me tour and el dorado tour and el dorado seemed magical at the time compared to that :demi:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Curators
23 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Thank god I just needed one other fan to be confused with 

like the tour confused me cause u had GREAT NUMBERS like she wolf and whenever wherever 

but she kinda looked tired and the outfits were soooofoxkodkff 
Also the dancing was wack at points aka non existent 

but I went to both piece of me tour and el dorado tour and el dorado seemed magical at the time compared to that :demi:

:blol: you deserve a public apology for POM. I see why El Dorado seemed magical I agree, the stage the lights and all the production were pretty good but yeah she was just not fully there and yes some of that dancing :dontlike:

I wanna be there when you touch fire

4 hours ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

YAS I LOVE Lynda Mi Dia De La Independencia was my first album ever lol. I wish she wouldn't have quit, her new music kinda blows honestly. 

I also love RBD but you know Lynda can be heard on RBD's albums lol I'm like who they trying to fool. Salvame the chorus is her and they try to make it seem like it was Dulce lol. Also Tras De Mi is basically sung by Lynda too. 

Ahh ok yeah all I knew was what Dulce said, that they sued her and she had to pay them basically. 

I love Gira Que Gira, Dile, No Quiero Verte, A Mil por Hora

And yeah, I only noticed a few years ago that she's basically in all the RBD songs, especially the second album. I'm still pissed that they didn't bring her to Tijuana, where she's from, with the 90's pop tour. She performed in other cities, but not here :(

tbh, I'm just glad she's back, that Ari was able to find her, and that she became present in social media. For years we all wondered what happened to her. We didn't even know if she was still alive. She's not that active anymore, but when she first re-appeared, she even replied to my comments several times. I felt special lol

I did like her Christmas song. Lo Mío, wasn't precisely the best, it sounds very outdated, but I think it's because she actually recorded it a long time ago. I think if she knew back then the platform that YouTube was gonna be, she could've kept sharing her music throughout the years, without the need to be in the spotlight, if that was her problem.

I'm still waiting for her book and that new album with new versions of her songs.

And did you know that Dulce and the actual JNS members (except for Karla) were set to start an "ex-Jeans" band back in the day? I think the project was scrapped when Melissa and Angie started doing Picnic on Telehit, and Dulce started with Rebelde.

hqdefault.jpg

• Content Curators
10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I love Gira Que Gira, Dile, No Quiero Verte, A Mil por Hora

And yeah, I only noticed a few years ago that she's basically in all the RBD songs, especially the second album. I'm still pissed that they didn't bring her to Tijuana, where she's from, with the 90's pop tour. She performed in other cities, but not here :(

tbh, I'm just glad she's back, that Ari was able to find her, and that she became present in social media. For years we all wondered what happened to her. We didn't even know if she was still alive. She's not that active anymore, but when she first re-appeared, she even replied to my comments several times. I felt special lol

I did like her Christmas song. Lo Mío, wasn't precisely the best, it sounds very outdated, but I think it's because she actually recorded it a long time ago. I think if she knew back then the platform that YouTube was gonna be, she could've kept sharing her music throughout the years, without the need to be in the spotlight, if that was her problem.

I'm still waiting for her book and that new album with new versions of her songs.

And did you know that Dulce and the actual JNS members (except for Karla) were set to start an "ex-Jeans" band back in the day? I think the project was scrapped when Melissa and Angie started doing Picnic on Telehit, and Dulce started with Rebelde.

hqdefault.jpg

I love all those songs too my fave from her is Corazon Perdido. Dile always puts me in a good mood.

Yeah I thought they should have arranged everything better and had her sing for when they recorded for the dvd because it would have been so much more iconic to have her on the printed material and they also skipped Beto Cuevas on the disc I mean I know he got hurt but they could have recorded his presentations from another show and then included them also but ohh well. How iconic was it when Fey and Beto sang together ? I don't really like Ni Tu Ni Nadie but my eyes couldn't believe it. I'm also a Beto fan so lol. 

You know I also thought the same about her in Tijuana but I guess It was just not possible. There used to be this foro for her a while back and people would always ask about her they would share pictures and wonder what happened ? What did happen why did she quit ? if you know. OMG that's pretty amazing that she answered your comments I would be so happy if any pop icon ever replied to me. The only time I ever got an answer was from an emerging Colombian singer named Anasol, I don't know if you know her ? she thanked me for supporting her career and I was like yay me lol.

What was the book supposed to be about ?

Yeah she can be heard all over RBD's songs I think that's why I liked there music so much, they tricked me lol. I think it's also the same producers who used to work on Lynda's music I think his name is Carlos Lara if i'm not mistaken. He probably called her up and said hey we need something good cause these kids cant sing lol. 

Do you like RBD ? I mean I know they really cant sing but I take them for what they were pure simple plastic and the music was catchy. I didn't really care for them after they split but I still bought there solo albums. Now while Dulce and Anahi kinda stayed doing the same old thing Maite and Christopher really did surprise me, did you ever hear Christopher's album Somos ? I highly recommend it if you haven't it's nothing like RBD's music it's really interesting deep and dark at moments. I really like Hacia El Sol and Vivir Sonando. I really liked it. Maite also she released her Latin trendy music which I did like but it's faded over time. I also enjoyed Chrisitan's song Libertad.

No I didn't know that Jeans tried that but Rebelde was of course a much better move for Dulce lol. Jeans without Karla is like the power rangers without the red or the blue one lol. She is essential and honestly the best looking one out of all of them if you ask me. 

I wish they would release all of our favorite pop stars on vinyl I would die if they did. I know they release vinyls in Latin America too because I like Zoé and they have all their music on vinyl, by the way have you ever bought any vinyls made over there ? hows the quality ? if you know of course. I wanted to purchase all of them but here they try to sell them as if they were made out of gold lol. I was planning a trip to a record store in Matamoros or possibly deeper to find and buy the albums but with all this virus stuff we cant do anything.

55 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

I love all those songs too my fave from her is Corazon Perdido. Dile always puts me in a good mood.

I thought I had written that one, it's one of my favorites too :orangu:

Yeah I thought they should have arranged everything better and had her sing for when they recorded for the dvd because it would have been so much more iconic to have her on the printed material and they also skipped Beto Cuevas on the disc I mean I know he got hurt but they could have recorded his presentations from another show and then included them also but ohh well. How iconic was it when Fey and Beto sang together ? I don't really like Ni Tu Ni Nadie but my eyes couldn't believe it. I'm also a Beto fan so lol. 

Beto's songs were cut out because his record label didn't give the permission to use his solo songs or La Ley's. That's why he only appears with Fey and OV7 (Te Quiero Tanto, Tanto). I'm not  HUGE fan of his, I just like a few songs from La Ley. But I think he's kinda cool, as a person. Another image for this

EEUfVK-U4AEM0i2.jpg

You know I also thought the same about her in Tijuana but I guess It was just not possible. There used to be this foro for her a while back and people would always ask about her they would share pictures and wonder what happened ? What did happen why did she quit ? if you know. OMG that's pretty amazing that she answered your comments I would be so happy if any pop icon ever replied to me. The only time I ever got an answer was from an emerging Colombian singer named Anasol, I don't know if you know her ? she thanked me for supporting her career and I was like yay me lol.

We assume she quit because she was tired of fame. She had issues with bulimia and didn't like the pressure to be a "pop princess". That's why she had that rocker look in her last album, with the locks and stuff. Apparently she married Carlos Lara, but he used to be married to her sister, so that's another theory people had, that she probably received a lot of backlash, especially from her family.

The last thing she did was precisely the RBD albums, and she even appeared in one of their shows directing the backup choir. This must've been around 2006. Before that, her last interview in 2004 or 2005 she said she was preparing an album in English, but that just never happened. Here's Anahí presenting her (59:45)

And no, I haven't her of Anasol.

What was the book supposed to be about ?

It was supposed to be the explanation as to why she quit, and all the things she's lived ever since. Or so we think.

Yeah she can be heard all over RBD's songs I think that's why I liked there music so much, they tricked me lol. I think it's also the same producers who used to work on Lynda's music I think his name is Carlos Lara if i'm not mistaken. He probably called her up and said hey we need something good cause these kids cant sing lol. 

Yeah, that must have been the case. She even co-wrote some songs, or at least one, which is No Pares. But other songs, even if they're not credited, like Tras de Mí, seem to be almost autobiographical. 

Do you like RBD ? I mean I know they really cant sing but I take them for what they were pure simple plastic and the music was catchy. I didn't really care for them after they split but I still bought there solo albums. Now while Dulce and Anahi kinda stayed doing the same old thing Maite and Christopher really did surprise me, did you ever hear Christopher's album Somos ? I highly recommend it if you haven't it's nothing like RBD's music it's really interesting deep and dark at moments. I really like Hacia El Sol and Vivir Sonando. I really liked it. Maite also she released her Latin trendy music which I did like but it's faded over time. I also enjoyed Chrisitan's song Libertad.

Yeah, I liked them. I mean, I grew up watching telenovelas, and Rebelde was no exception. As you say, I appreciated them for what they were, a pop group that came out of a telenovela, and didn't think they were superior or anything, but the songs were catchy. I only had their first album, and then the songs they released afterwards would come up on the radio every day, so I knew all the lyrics, whether I wanted it or not. Later I got to listen to all the albums in full. They remind me of my middle school days lol

I didn't really follow them in their solo careers. I think I only like that song Me Hipnotizas by Anahí, which was written by Gloria Trevi if I'm not mistaken.

I wish they would release all of our favorite pop stars on vinyl I would die if they did. I know they release vinyls in Latin America too because I like Zoé and they have all their music on vinyl, by the way have you ever bought any vinyls made over there ? hows the quality ? if you know of course. I wanted to purchase all of them but here they try to sell them as if they were made out of gold lol. I was planning a trip to a record store in Matamoros or possibly deeper to find and buy the albums but with all this virus stuff we cant do anything.

I've never bought any vinyls except for Britney's lol I've seen a few vinyls here at the local stores, but they're from American artists. The only vinyls from Latin artists that I have are the ones from my parents from the 70's and 80's :haha:

22 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Shakira stans and I’m talking about the stans please introduce me into some real deep cuts from her albums that are real good 

I’ve listened to ciega sordomuda enough this quarantine :setfire:

Well, it's hard to know what you really like. But I'll share some of my favorite.

This is not a deep cut, since it was a single, but very overlooked

:jj:

• Content Curators
On 3/30/2020 at 1:45 PM, PokemonSpears said:

I thought I had written that one, it's one of my favorites too :orangu:

Beto's songs were cut out because his record label didn't give the permission to use his solo songs or La Ley's. That's why he only appears with Fey and OV7 (Te Quiero Tanto, Tanto). I'm not  HUGE fan of his, I just like a few songs from La Ley. But I think he's kinda cool, as a person. Another image for this

EEUfVK-U4AEM0i2.jpg

We assume she quit because she was tired of fame. She had issues with bulimia and didn't like the pressure to be a "pop princess". That's why she had that rocker look in her last album, with the locks and stuff. Apparently she married Carlos Lara, but he used to be married to her sister, so that's another theory people had, that she probably received a lot of backlash, especially from her family.

The last thing she did was precisely the RBD albums, and she even appeared in one of their shows directing the backup choir. This must've been around 2006. Before that, her last interview in 2004 or 2005 she said she was preparing an album in English, but that just never happened. Here's Anahí presenting her (59:45)

And no, I haven't her of Anasol.

It was supposed to be the explanation as to why she quit, and all the things she's lived ever since. Or so we think.

Yeah, that must have been the case. She even co-wrote some songs, or at least one, which is No Pares. But other songs, even if they're not credited, like Tras de Mí, seem to be almost autobiographical. 

Yeah, I liked them. I mean, I grew up watching telenovelas, and Rebelde was no exception. As you say, I appreciated them for what they were, a pop group that came out of a telenovela, and didn't think they were superior or anything, but the songs were catchy. I only had their first album, and then the songs they released afterwards would come up on the radio every day, so I knew all the lyrics, whether I wanted it or not. Later I got to listen to all the albums in full. They remind me of my middle school days lol

I didn't really follow them in their solo careers. I think I only like that song Me Hipnotizas by Anahí, which was written by Gloria Trevi if I'm not mistaken.

I've never bought any vinyls except for Britney's lol I've seen a few vinyls here at the local stores, but they're from American artists. The only vinyls from Latin artists that I have are the ones from my parents from the 70's and 80's :haha:

Yes Corazon Perdido is everything. I love La Ley i'm not a huge fan of their early 90s stuff but I do enjoy their songs (Paraiso and Eternidad). It's pretty awsome I didn't know he knew Pau, all we need is Thalia and him and I'm set lol. Thats pretty cool, he was friends with Fey and Pau cause him and I share the same birthday not the year though lol. It's nice to see them astrologically getting along lol.

:decisions: I hope it's just a theory about the sister thing that's kinda crazy.

Live In Hollywood was so boring though I only liked No Pares actually and well I think we know why :haha: whoever though of RBD doing an acoustic album was running out of ideas :haha:

It's funny because I agree, I mildly remember something about her not wanting to be credited for the RBD stuff now analyzing I realize the yes in fact the reason I liked them was because of Lynda because Tras De Mi is my fave song by them so it's starting to add up actually.  I for some reason just lied to myself and labeled it as Dulce.

Ah ok yeah cause I'm really considering but I don't want to overpay cause like some of the Britney one's sound kinda bad quality wise. Like I recently bought Autobiography by Ashlee Simpson and it sounded kinda bad. So i'm just like thinking about it.  

5 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

. It's pretty awsome I didn't know he knew Pau

that's Shakira on the pictures lol but they do know each other too (Paulina) from The Voice

los-couches-bose--z.jpg

btw they said that Jenni Rivera before her tragic death (obviously it had to be before that, duh lol) left a song ready for Beto Cuevas and Paulina Rubio, but I don't know what happened to that. 

• Content Curators
54 minutes ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

what? In Salvame the whole song is sung by Anahí pretty clearly

The chorus is sung by Lynda, listen to it carefully you'll be very surprised. It's very subtle 

9 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

d93iosv-f7c05a80-2d83-4d07-996c-e4480c50

I mean, the main voice yeah, but the backup vocals aren't Dulce nor Maite. It's Lynda Thomas. 

8 hours ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

The chorus is sung by Lynda, listen to it carefully you'll be very surprised. It's very subtle 

hmmmm yeah i guess i never thought about who was singing the backing vocals. Interesting. We're sure its not Maite? I feel like her voice is generic enough to sound like anyone.

also what do you guys think of Belinda? I know she's not really respected in Mexico but her music in my opinion is top tier

Archived