Shakira - "Men In This Town"

Shadow2003

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

that album was awesome. It had lots of singles too (I wish Sexi Dance got one)

Those years 1998-2001 were amazing for music in general :donewithit:

Yes well I think it's one of the top ten most sold albums in Mexico if I'm not mistaken. I also liked Fey a lot when she did Vertigo OMG she slayed that.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

32 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Yes well I think it's one of the top ten most sold albums in Mexico if I'm not mistaken. I also liked Fey a lot when she did Vertigo OMG she slayed that.

I literally grew up with Fey :yesplease:. But Vertigo isn't one of my favorites, I think I prefer Tierna la Noche, and the other two albums from the 90's

I saw her at the 90's Pop Tour the first time they came to Tijuana, but the second time they came, she wasn't part of the tour anymore :(

Did you see their latest performance at that radio festival? (Paulina performed too)

• Content Curators
16 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I literally grew up with Fey :yesplease:. But Vertigo isn't one of my favorites, I think I prefer Tierna la Noche, and the other two albums from the 90's

I saw her at the 90's Pop Tour the first time they came to Tijuana, but the second time they came, she wasn't part of the tour anymore :(

Did you see their latest performance at that radio festival? (Paulina performed too)

I also love almost all of Fey's music she is TOP Tierna La Noche is basically one of the most iconic pop albums ever if you ask me. My favorite Fey songs are Me Enamoro De Ti, Desmargaritando, Tierna La Noche, El, Noche Ideal, and La Fuerza Del Destino.

I missed the 90s pop tour they came here and it was actually really close to my home but nobody wanted to go with me and I didn't want to go alone. I regret it I feel like I missed out something really important but oh well. I loved JNS though I feel in LOVE they were pretty good. Even though I love Fey I felt like the should have been more true to the way her songs originally sounded because everyone else did and I thought that was better. 

Are you talking about El Padre De Todos Los Eventos ?

Ohh and my fave was when OV7 and Fey sang Obsesion that made my year I swear I almost had a heart attack lol.

9 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

I also love almost all of Fey's music she is TOP Tierna La Noche is basically one of the most iconic pop albums ever if you ask me. My favorite Fey songs are Me Enamoro De Ti, Desmargaritando, Tierna La Noche, El, Noche Ideal, and La Fuerza Del Destino.

I missed the 90s pop tour they came here and it was actually really close to my home but nobody wanted to go with me and I didn't want to go alone. I regret it I feel like I missed out something really important but oh well. I loved JNS though I feel in LOVE they were pretty good. Even though I love Fey I felt like the should have been more true to the way her songs originally sounded because everyone else did and I thought that was better. 

Are you talking about El Padre De Todos Los Eventos ?

Ohh and my fave was when OV7 and Fey sang Obsesion that made my year I swear I almost had a heart attack lol.

I think my favorite songs, besides Media Naranja and Azúcar Amargo which are like BOMT and Oops, are Bailando Sola :donewithit:Cielo Líquido, Desmargaritando el Corazón, Las Lágrimas de Mi Almohada, La Espuma de los Días, Popocatépetl and Muévelo. I also love Tierna la Noche and La Noche Se Mueve. The truth is I love basically every song from the first three albums, except maybe La Madrugada, Tú y la Radio and one that is about Chocolate or Pan lol I also don't like Canela that much

From Vertigo I like Sé lo Que Vendrá and Siento Caer. I also love the Mecano album, mostly Mujer Contra Mujer, Aire, Cruz de Navajas and Los Amantes.

And yeah, I hate that she's stuck with that arrangement from her 2012 Primera Fila. It was fine back then, but it's gotten tiring at this point. The original songs are so great on their own, they don't need any remixing.

Both times I saw the tour I went by myself lol I didn't have anyone to go with me either, but I wasn't gonna miss the chance. I already missed OV7/Kabah and Shakira when they came here :sobbing:

Yeah, I'd LOVE a tour by just OV7 and Fey. Maybe throw in Kabah if they have Maria Jose :gimmemoar: I wish Fey performed Un Pie Tras Otro Pie

JNS, it's funny, because I never really liked Jeans back in the day. I only liked Corazón Confidente and Entre Azul y Buenas Noches, but they were like my guilty pleasure. But as said, those years in music were so good, that even bad music like Jeans was still good. :haha: When they came back a few years ago, first of all, I was so surprised to see Angie after she swore she would never do Jeans again when she was in Picnic. But I kinda liked their new vibe. Later I'd understood that the reason why I never liked them was because of Paty Sirvent :blol:

And yeah, I was talking about El Padre de todos los Eventos.

just wanted to post this because I remembered Fey once said it was because of her that Shakira became popular in Mexico, and later that helped her to get popular around the world

486701_531897226824395_2067712955_n.jpg

I don't know how much is true, but it wouldn't surprise me

and I also wanted to post this image I found because it goes well with these threads lol

mujeres.jpg

• Content Curators
12 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think my favorite songs, besides Media Naranja and Azúcar Amargo which are like BOMT and Oops, are Bailando Sola :donewithit:Cielo Líquido, Desmargaritando el Corazón, Las Lágrimas de Mi Almohada, La Espuma de los Días, Popocatépetl and Muévelo. I also love Tierna la Noche and La Noche Se Mueve. The truth is I love basically every song from the first three albums, except maybe La Madrugada, Tú y la Radio and one that is about Chocolate or Pan lol I also don't like Canela that much

From Vertigo I like Sé lo Que Vendrá and Siento Caer. I also love the Mecano album, mostly Mujer Contra Mujer, Aire, Cruz de Navajas and Los Amantes.

And yeah, I hate that she's stuck with that arrangement from her 2012 Primera Fila. It was fine back then, but it's gotten tiring at this point. The original songs are so great on their own, they don't need any remixing.

Both times I saw the tour I went by myself lol I didn't have anyone to go with me either, but I wasn't gonna miss the chance. I already missed OV7/Kabah and Shakira when they came here :sobbing:

Yeah, I'd LOVE a tour by just OV7 and Fey. Maybe throw in Kabah if they have Maria Jose :gimmemoar: I wish Fey performed Un Pie Tras Otro Pie

JNS, it's funny, because I never really liked Jeans back in the day. I only liked Corazón Confidente and Entre Azul y Buenas Noches, but they were like my guilty pleasure. But as said, those years in music were so good, that even bad music like Jeans was still good. :haha: When they came back a few years ago, first of all, I was so surprised to see Angie after she swore she would never do Jeans again when she was in Picnic. But I kinda liked their new vibe. Later I'd understood that the reason why I never liked them was because of Paty Sirvent :blol:

And yeah, I was talking about El Padre de todos los Eventos.

You know and Fey used to be such an energetic dancer that's why I loved her so much too. Now she kinda does the same as Britney just wing it kinda lol. You know I actually don't like those songs ether I always found them boring especially Canela I never understood the message. I never liked Gatos ether until recently, but it's stil not my fave.

Yes exacly that Primera Fila stuff it's so tired she needs to go back to her electonic roots but make it good blend who she used to be with who she is today. I remember she was a trend setter if I'm not mistaken and I still can't believe she started doing reggaeton  it's beyond me and I can't believe it. I mean I like reggaeton but not on her.

yeah I never got into jeans ether I only knew who they were because of Dulce Maria but I thought they did pretty good on the tour. What exactly happened with all that jeans drama I never really understood ? 

Yes I saw it it was a bit disastrous lol.  

• Content Curators
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

just wanted to post this because I remembered Fey once said it was because of her that Shakira became popular in Mexico, and later that helped her to get popular around the world

486701_531897226824395_2067712955_n.jpg

I don't know how much is true, but it wouldn't surprise me

and I also wanted to post this image I found because it goes well with these threads lol

mujeres.jpg

Really Fey said that  :OMGney: I do remember Shakira thanking Mexico because it was a huge reason as to why she became so famous.

1 minute ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Yes exacly that Primera Fila stuff it's so tired she needs to go back to her electonic roots but make it good blend who she used to be with who she is today. I remember she was a trend setter if I'm not mistaken and I still can't believe she started doing reggaeton  it's beyond me and I can't believe it. I mean I like reggaeton but not on her.

When No Te Necesito first came out, I didn't get it either :billiebarf:  But later I kinda liked it. Since I don't really listen to new music, it was like my only option. I would listen to that one, the Thalia song and Gloria Trevi's latest songs back in 2018. But yeah, I don't want her to go there again.

4 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Yeah, she and Moenia were basically the pioneers in European-influenced electronic music in Mexico, and she was a fashion trendsetter, but in her music style as well.

Btw, I also love Lynda.

5 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

yeah I never got into jeans ether I only knew who they were because of Dulce Maria but I thought they did pretty good on the tour. What exactly happened with all that jeans drama I never really understood ? 

I knew Dulce Maria from Jeans before RBD lol But yeah, I think those album's singles were the only ones that managed to get played on MTV back in the day. But they were very low budget overall.

The drama was basically Paty Sirvent's parents who managed the group. There was a lot of psychological pressure an bullying to the other girls to look beautiful and do everything perfectly, while Paty was untouchable. Basically everybody left the group because of a fight, except maybe Tabatah and Dulce María (though people said she was kicked out because she was getting the starring role in Clase 406, and she was gonna become more popular than Paty). All the ex members performed together on tour, except Paty, so we know who's the one with the problem :whatitellu:

9 minutes ago, MidnightCarlisy said:

Really Fey said that  :OMGney: I do remember Shakira thanking Mexico because it was a huge reason as to why she became so famous.

I'm not sure if she really said that, but I read it somewhere. I just can't find the source.

That's why I don't know if it's true, but it would make sense, since Shakira came out literally out of nowhere. Her first two albums weren't known in here.

Archived