So... COVID-19?

Urbanney

coronavirus.jpg.616b2616ef42e8676f781a08270b779d.jpg

The WHO just classified COVID-19 as a pandemic and European government/health officials say up to 80% of people could become infected. Scary stuff.

How're you all handling it? I've stocked up on some food, everyday supplies and I'm being more mindful of my outings, etc. Definitely been washing my hands and frequently touched things a lot more, too. My college also stopped in-person classes.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not worried about it. Do you know how many pandemics and apocalypses we’ve lived through in the past 2 decades. The US news and media is completely blowing it up and out of proportion. CV is nothing new and I’d you’re healthy to begin with, you’ll be fine, it’s literally just the flu. It’ll be alright. 

1 minute ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I’m not worried about it. Do you know how many pandemics and apocalypses we’ve lived through in the past 2 decades. The US news and media is completely blowing it up and out of proportion. CV is nothing new and I’d you’re healthy to begin with, you’ll be fine, it’s literally just the flu. It’ll be alright. 

this, ironically we tend to have a big virus on election years

I'm normally a clean person and am always washing my hands so I should be ok. People are thinking as if The Walking Dead was about to happen

31 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

The WHO just classified COVID-19 as a pandemic and European government/health officials say up to 80% of people could become infected. Scary stuff.

How're you all handling it? I've stocked up on some food, everyday supplies and I'm being more mindful of my outings, etc. Definitely been washing my hands and frequently touched things a lot more, too. My college also stopped in-person classes.

Hey.... Yes this is going to spread all over the world....But there's a few things we have to know, the older people and people with asma, aids, cancer are in most danger.  
If you're a healthy  teenager or an adult you should not worry too much! We always need to prevent and have treatment if you're infected, but you'll be ok.
There are a lot of things closing (schools, Libraries, Gyms, concerts being canceled) ....  :(
I am from portugal and i am really not sure if they are going to reschedule or cancel it! 
We'll see
Hope you're all fine babies :) <3  

3 minutes ago, rawbrit said:

this can never happen again :dontlike: I wonder what the original cause was :dontlike:

In my opinion, really my own opinion is that china made this virus on lab. Why? Maybe because they want kill (yes it's hard to read) some of them, because of the overpopulation.....
On the good side, the pollution rate decreased a lot comparing the same time last year.... Wierd, isn't it?

2 minutes ago, mrjmendes said:

In my opinion, really my own opinion is that china made this virus on lab. Why? Maybe because they want kill (yes it's hard to read) some of them, because of the overpopulation.....
On the good side, the pollution rate decreased a lot comparing the same time last year.... Wierd, isn't it?

Not weird at all. The world is extremely overpopulated. There are conspiracies like that and I totslly believe it. 

I believe (and I may sound evil) that cures for AIDS, cancer, certsin diseases is available but they're not going to publicly say it because of the same reason: population control. Imagine everyone who has cancer, aids, etc and get this magic pill/injection.... The world population will be in the trillions! It'll be impossible to survive on earth

7 minutes ago, mrjmendes said:

2 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

Not weird at all. The world is extremely overpopulated. There are conspiracies like that and I totslly believe it. 

I believe (and I may sound evil) that cures for AIDS, cancer, certsin diseases is available but they're not going to publicly say it because of the same reason: population control. Imagine everyone who has cancer, aids, etc and get this magic pill/injection.... The world population will be in the trillions! It'll be impossible to survive on earth

lemme cry in a corner real quick :tiffanycries:

All classes at my university are cancelled until at least 14th April. Also, all schools, cinemas, theaters and museums have been closed in my country. I've never experienced anything like this before. I'm especially worried about my grandma who is almost 80 and has several health issues. This virus could potentially be fatal for her...

• Content Curators

Don’t really get the people who are saying “it’s the flu” we literally know nothing about it yet and corona virus itself is still  mutating therefore it could get much worse

also a vaccine won’t be out for another 18 months 

the people that are saying that it’s ok if they get it and things shouldn’t be cancelled should realize that they could spread it to elderly, young kids, infants, people with comprised immune systems, asthma 

it’s not like people aren’t dying and it spreads wicked fast 

1 hour ago, rawbrit said:

this can never happen again :dontlike: I wonder what the original cause was :dontlike:

I don't know if you're asking about how it literally happened, like, it all started in China (most likely) in that place where they sold seafood and other animals, or if you ask how it hasn't been able to be stopped. 

But I guess the thing is that the symptoms don't start appearing right away. All the people that were in contact with the first people got infected without knowing, and the ones that were tourists just went back home, spreading the virus everywhere they went, the airports being the main points of infection I suppose. 

The first cases registered here in Mexico are from people that went to Italy to some convention or something. Unaware of being infected with the virus, they must have spread it to everywhere they went, so it's just a matter of time more cases start appearing. 

There really isn't much we can do, but to wash our hands, and stay as healthy as possible. As far as I'm concerned, the people that are more prone to die due to the virus are those of older age or that had respiratory issues since before they got the virus. 

Some authorities in here say we should be more worried about the Influenza virus than the Coronavirus, but who knows.

1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

not only the US tho...Belgium too. I literally couldn't give any less fcks than I give now...those who have died are either weak or old and thus the same people that would die cause of the flu...

23 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Don’t really get the people who are saying “it’s the flu” we literally know nothing about it yet and corona virus itself is still  mutating therefore it could get much worse

also a vaccine won’t be out for another 18 months 

the people that are saying that it’s ok if they get it and things shouldn’t be cancelled should realize that they could spread it to elderly, young kids, infants, people with comprised immune systems, asthma 

it’s not like people aren’t dying and it spreads wicked fast 

We do know that facts are:

- Weak and older people are weak to the virus.

- Dead numbers are actually still lower than deads by flu EACH YEAR.

- China is already stabelising.

7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know if you're asking about how it literally happened, like, it all started in China (most likely) in that place where they sold seafood and other animals, or if you ask how it hasn't been able to be stopped.

I wonder what happened there, in Wuhan. What's necessary for a virus to mutate and boom like this? :mae:

Archived