How old were you when 'Baby One More Time' came out?

Jordan Miller

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 13 when BOMT was released, and I was a fan for a while until it came out that she was dating Justin :unreal: As a 13-year-old girl who was a huge *NSYNC fan, I despised anyone who dated any of the guys (especially Justin!). I wasted a lot of energy making fun of B, but knew all the words to her songs. Eventually, I admitted to myself that I was a fan. And thank god I did because she put on some amazing shows when she toured back then! Obviously, I now no longer have an issue with JT + B's relationship, hence my avatar, and you know, the fact that I'm an adult :tongueney:

21 hours ago, rik said:

omg everyone that's commented so far was either a child or a baby (or a fetus in some cases)

for those of you old enough to remember, do you remember feeling isolated by britney's image at some point early on as a child. how would you describe the demographic change of her music from BOMT to the Slave performance (or did fans simply grow older with her)

Her transition from BOMT to Slave wasn't crazy shocking, from what I remember. She was always portrayed as a *** symbol, so her Slave days seemed to fit that trajectory. People had been making a big deal out of her "**** schoolgirl uniform" from BOMT, the risque Rolling Stone magazine cover, and her alleged **** job that happened around the time Sometimes came out. Plus, all the other female popstars were equally sexualized, and they all (including Brit at the time) seemed comfortable owning that image. I thought she was killing it!

I was 5 years old, however, I still cannot remember what it was about Britney that made me become a fan of hers. I think it was the Oops Video that really made me like her. Watching her grow though made me grow with her. In the Zone was a pivotal point in my life when I realised I liked boys. 

Archived