How old were you when 'Baby One More Time' came out?

Jordan Miller

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/27/2020 at 8:23 AM, ovoxo said:

I was 3 :pieceofwhat: I’ve honestly been a Stan for as long as I can remember, but I think I discovered BOMT at the same time as Oops. I used to bring both cassette tapes to preschool to play on the class stereo  :yesokay:

I was -5 or -6 idk but one of those 2

I was 11 years old...feels like I'm one of the oldest here 🙈

Wasn't obsessed at that age but always bought her albums and singles though I think I fully fell in love with her with SLAVE and remember watching the video on TRL and my mom came in and said "Ahh she's trying to be like Michael Jackson now sound-wise" 😂

On 2/29/2020 at 3:13 PM, Britneyarmy8 said:

Omg I’m graduating hs now :wow:

I wanna know how it was like to be a senior then and now 

Absolutely no one had cell phones back then and everyone dressed kind of like the grunge era with flannel shirts and also bell bottom jeans kind of hippie-ish.  Social media was non existent and we hardly used the internet.  People rarely came out and were judged harshly if they did which is horrible so glad that's changed.  You had to use Limewire to download songs and everyone had huge books of cds since streaming music was not a thing yet.  I remember Britney was everywhere and almost always on MTV when you cut it on.  The spice girls were huge also and music was amazing back then!  Things were so much simpler and honestly less stressful.   Everyone looked kind of normal since doing your makeup wasn't like such a big thing as compared to now everyone looks like a model with tons of makeup on and eyebrows were plucked to the extreme and were super thin with an arch.   I miss how everyone communicated face to face more and now everyone is always looking down at their phones but I miss the music and low rise jeans most of all...oh and Britney being everywhere:tbh:

• Content Curators
14 hours ago, JeNny_C said:

Absolutely no one had cell phones back then and everyone dressed kind of like the grunge era with flannel shirts and also bell bottom jeans kind of hippie-ish.  Social media was non existent and we hardly used the internet.  People rarely came out and were judged harshly if they did which is horrible so glad that's changed.  You had to use Limewire to download songs and everyone had huge books of cds since streaming music was not a thing yet.  I remember Britney was everywhere and almost always on MTV when you cut it on.  The spice girls were huge also and music was amazing back then!  Things were so much simpler and honestly less stressful.   Everyone looked kind of normal since doing your makeup wasn't like such a big thing as compared to now everyone looks like a model with tons of makeup on and eyebrows were plucked to the extreme and were super thin with an arch.   I miss how everyone communicated face to face more and now everyone is always looking down at their phones but I miss the music and low rise jeans most of all...oh and Britney being everywhere:tbh:

i wish i grew up in that era

but i also like my generation cause they are ALOT less judgemental then what it was maybe when u were growing up(about lgbt and other stuff).

(dont worry some of the hs straight white boys are still ********)

but also bullying back then was at a much higher rate back then, then it is now

but i love everything else about that whole 90s-2000s era and wish i was born then 

a question i always had is that did yall have any clue that technology would become as advanced as it is now or did yall think technology was at its peak back then and couldnt get any better... its a weird question but im really curious about random things like that :inbed:

The single? I was 14 and it came out during my first year of high-school. Britney was HUUUUUGE, the song and video were perfect for my generation, especially with the vibe and theme of the video being set in a high-school. Britney was so relatable, everybody loved her and wanted to be her and she was nothing but herself. She didn't have to try, she just was who she was, and she was dope with the dancing and personality. It's sad that she's lost that! That first impression of her is such a lasting impression.

EDIT: It's so interesting to me to know the majority of her original fan-base seems to have moved on from her. Posters here were so young, or not even born when she was MASSIVE. Britney was iconic from her first video. I remember not too many people feeling Sometimes as a second single, and I think a few things early on damaged her image, particularly the ****-job and her transition to Slave was criticized as being too **** and I think the song may have been too urban. I think they tried to model her after Madonna too soon. I even remember one girl who was a part of a dance squad mentioning that they didn't like Slave, but the "hand-moves" from Slave were pretty iconic for dancers at the time. Awww, memory lane!

1 hour ago, waynebradybyday said:

EDIT: It's so interesting to me to know the majority of her original fan-base seems to have moved on from her. Posters here were so young, or not even born when she was MASSIVE.

WEW CHILE

What are you talking about? There's still some of us here. Hi!

happy pokemon GIF

13 minutes ago, waynebradybyday said:

Haha, hey! Was scrolling through a lot of comments and saw a lot of people who weren't even born or like 3 and 4 years old.

Well, it's not that the OG fans moved on from her. It's actually, the OG fans moved on from here. Some of them, atleast. There was a time when Exhale (like Britney) had it's breakdown era that eventually lead to the launch of a new Exhale (like Blackout) but it wasn't well received at the time (like Blackout) and now, the site is making a come back and having it's Circus moment. There's new members and there's old members coming back.

pokemon GIF

Archived