How old were you when 'Baby One More Time' came out?

Jordan Miller

10 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

i wish i grew up in that era

but i also like my generation cause they are ALOT less judgemental then what it was maybe when u were growing up(about lgbt and other stuff).

(dont worry some of the hs straight white boys are still ********)

but also bullying back then was at a much higher rate back then, then it is now

but i love everything else about that whole 90s-2000s era and wish i was born then 

a question i always had is that did yall have any clue that technology would become as advanced as it is now or did yall think technology was at its peak back then and couldnt get any better... its a weird question but im really curious about random things like that :inbed:

Yes, bullying happened so much back then!  It was awful!  We knew technology would get more advanced but had absolutely no idea just how big it would be especially the fact that cell phones are carried around constantly now.  Never would have guessed back then that would have been such a big deal and had no idea that social media would be a thing either and honestly glad it wasn't with the bullying that went on.  It was a great era to grow up in not only was the music good at the time, being born when I was in 81, (I sound so freakin old haha), I learned the music my parents liked too so I enjoy that stuff also so pretty  cool really.  I hope late 90's and early 2000 fashion comes back at least somewhat. I know a lot of people don't like it but even though some of it was tacky it was also super fun!:lollipop:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Curators
11 hours ago, JeNny_C said:

Yes, bullying happened so much back then!  It was awful!  We knew technology would get more advanced but had absolutely no idea just how big it would be especially the fact that cell phones are carried around constantly now.  Never would have guessed back then that would have been such a big deal and had no idea that social media would be a thing either and honestly glad it wasn't with the bullying that went on.  It was a great era to grow up in not only was the music good at the time, being born when I was in 81, (I sound so freakin old haha), I learned the music my parents liked too so I enjoy that stuff also so pretty  cool really.  I hope late 90's and early 2000 fashion comes back at least somewhat. I know a lot of people don't like it but even though some of it was tacky it was also super fun!:lollipop:

Well at least in my highschool there are ALOT of 90s and 00s trends coming back 

for example a really new one is that hair clips are coming back?!

and just that denim crop top, mom jeans, whole look in general is coming back 

lip gloss is also back in full swing 

14 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Well at least in my highschool there are ALOT of 90s and 00s trends coming back 

for example a really new one is that hair clips are coming back?!

and just that denim crop top, mom jeans, whole look in general is coming back 

lip gloss is also back in full swing 

I love hair clips!  Mom jeans were more of an 80's maybe super early 90's thing.  We had low rise bootcut and flare jeans which were super cute and ****!  Cool to hear about a lot of those trends coming back:bparty:

• 3 weeks later...

I was 8, though I didn't become a fan until the Oops album (age 10). 

On 2/23/2020 at 5:10 PM, rik said:

for those of you old enough to remember, do you remember feeling isolated by britney's image at some point early on as a child. how would you describe the demographic change of her music from BOMT to the Slave performance (or did fans simply grow older with her)

THIS. The first time I heard Slave was watching the VMAs and I remember not being impressed :-X . It was the pop music I'd grown to love from Britney and it was a stark change. I eventually grew to like Slave, but enjoyed songs like Bombastic Love and Cinderella from the album way more.  

On 2/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, nerdygeekgrl said:

12? I just remember being in 7th grade but I can't remember if it came out the beginning of the school yr or the end. 

Yes,:hiii: I remember it was last quarter in 8th grade, I was 14, crazy how old I feel, but I wouldn't trade those memories for anything!! :)

Archived