How old were you when 'Baby One More Time' came out?

Jordan Miller

Omgsh I was 10! I remember when the music video came out and i’d wake up early before school to watch it on MTV. They played the hottest MV in the morning. After I watched BOMT I’d turn the channel to rugrats on Nickoldean n finish my lucky charms.

I wanted the BOMT single Cd so bad that my aunt recorded the song on a blank cassette tape during a top 40 countdown. Eventually I got the single cassette for xmas and then the CD in January. I remember buying another CD hoping I’d get the pink CD and not the baby blue one (again) 🤣

Side note: We should totally do this for each single. Each Brit single reminds me of a moment or time in my life lol. So cute 🤪

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Eventually I got the single cassette for xmas and then the CD in January. I remember buying another CD hoping I’d get the pink CD and not the baby blue one (again) 🤣.

Wait, what? So that's how it worked? The original US edition of the album came with the disc in different colors, at random?? I thought the discs were in a different color depending on the country of edition or something like that, not as the original design strategy! Anyone knows anything more about this or could confirm it??

5 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Wait, what? So that's how it worked? The original US edition of the album came with the disc in different colors, at random?? I thought the discs were in a different color depending on the country of edition or something like that, not as the original design strategy! Anyone knows anything more about this or could confirm it??

Same. I thought it was different per region/per version. I have a standard international edition (baby blue) and an Australian deluxe edition (blue). I didn't know it's like random and you're supposed to collect them all? :thinkney:

1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

Same. I thought it was different per region/per version. I have a standard international edition (baby blue) and an Australian deluxe edition (blue). I didn't know it's like random and you're supposed to collect them all? :thinkney:

Thats probably what it was then, but I was 10 and didnt know that at the time haha. 

Archived