How old were you when 'Baby One More Time' came out?

Jordan Miller

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 1, so I could pretty much say she's the music of my lifetime :bpout: 

I was always a fan, always told my parents to buy me all of her CDs and DVDs but never really followed her personal life as I was busy being a kid lol. I started to follow every single thing she did and get deep into her personal story around the Femme Fatale era. 

Oops, I'm late to this thread lol but I was 5 years old when it came out.

I discovered Britney Spears through my cousins who were teenagers at the time. They would watch MTV all the time, and so my siblings and I whenever we went to their home.

And as I've said hundreds of times, it was around that same time that Pokémon came out (outside of Japan anyways) so both Britney and Pokémon have been part of my life ever since, basically my whole life. :crying1:

10 hours ago, rik said:

omg everyone that's commented so far was either a child or a baby (or a fetus in some cases)

for those of you old enough to remember, do you remember feeling isolated by britney's image at some point early on as a child. how would you describe the demographic change of her music from BOMT to the Slave performance (or did fans simply grow older with her)

I was 8 years old in 1999, and I've been stan since then. 

My room was literally wrapped all over in Britney posters. I remember one day I woke up with posters on my face and my bed, the posters dropped off because I didn't fasten them enough
an avalanche of Britney flooded me :tiffcackle:
Growing up as Britney fan affected me a lot, I thought she's the most beautiful girl in the world, even more after Slave performance. Yes sometimes I thought she's a bit too **** and matured for her age, but I was just a kid, haven't seen anything wrong in her image.
Her image evolved so fast, it was her prime so she gave her best, so much was happening. Best time to be a stan.
I had VHS with Vegas' DWAD concert, I watched it like 10000 times (one holidays my whole family went to church and I stayed at home to watch it for thousandth time)
I always wanted to be like her, she was like my womanhood role model. As a kid I knew that when I will be old enough, I'm going to dye my hair blonde - so I did, when I was 16 years old. And I'm blonde since then, I just can't wear different haircolor. ;)
And of course as a kid I was singing and dancing all the time, so few years later I've attended dance class, and now I learn to sing. 

I think her legacy lives on my generation, those kids who grew up with her. Not only by her music, but the image also. Thousands of 90s girls wanted to be Britney. 

Without her I wouldn't be who I am.

Ahhh sweet memories, I feel nostalgic now. :mcry:

Archived