I can’t with MTV doing this again and again

I am so over the VMAs and reminiscing on them. I don’t get how people can sit there and talk about the same old performances over and over and over again. I love Britney’s 2001 performance, but I can only sit there and watch it on a list so many times. MTV isn’t relevant to me, and the VMAs haven’t been relevant to me since I was in junior high.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nwonder said:

For me, They’re equally amazing and iconic. I really can’t choose between the 2

Agreed. She’s never gonna top her past performances or even match them. But she can still put on a show.

And literally nothing happened in that performance. Like, she came on stage did a bit of yoga for 15 secs against a recycled Beyoncé backdrop and then G-eazy took over in a tribute to himself.

It still baffles me, that team B would  choose to do a comeback VMA performance, given her history, and not come back with a bang. Bah, rant over. 

Like everything in her career for the last 9 years nothing makes sense. I think a large part of it is actually refusing to do what she is told but agreeing to do a completely watered down version of what she is capable of due to her c ship situation and seeing no point in putting in the hard work. Her team wanted a huge spectacle but she rebels in her own way I think..it's like the BBMA 2016 which is the best of Britney for the last decade but let's face it - she only polished up what she already had learnt - I am certain a free and liberated Britney would have took the time to create something new and incredible for that - even so it still killed anything any of the other pop girls could have done - just look at the envy in Demi Lovatos face.

5 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Can someone explain why her 2001 VMA performance leapfrogged her 2000 VMA performance?

I distinctly remember her 2000 VMA performance being a much bigger deal than the 2001 VMA performance during the times they aired.

I love OIDIA, but I think it's a combination of both including Satisfaction and that Oops wasn't the album version.

I don't think the Slave song was as spectacular back in the day, nor nowadays, but the performance stayed in the collective consciousness just because it is more iconic, in the sense of the image or the print it leaves in your mind. It's more distinguishable and original to remember the jungle-ish outfit and the python than a nude suit everyone else could wear. 

It's like, why nobody remembers that she starts the performance inside a cage with a tiger, which is a whole bigger deal? Again, because visually it wasn't as striking, for the lighting and angles and whatever, than when she grabs the python. Many didn't even notice the tiger.

Or why nobody noticed that Christina was also kissed by Madonna.

1 hour ago, UnyewsualYew said:

just look at the envy in Demi Lovatos face

I think they were more in shock than anything: Demi had only met X Factorney before, and the Jonas Brothers had only known FFney in person, so I think it must've been mindblowing lol

At least that's what I keep thinking about anyone that gets to meet her in different phases of her life/career, like Ellen or Mario Lopez, they must be so puzzled every time they get to talk to her and she's just like a totally different person.

I think it should be like

#1 the kiss

#2 the snake

#3 gimme more

and then, the rest of the perfomances nobody remember :akii:

I remember when I was a kid, the kiss was so f**king controversial worldwide that everybody was talking about and I live in Chile (so f**king far from the usa) the news spreaded all over the world. 

The same happened with the snake performance I was even younger. It was so shocking to see something like that that everybody was mind blown.

Don't trust on Mtv, if we ask experts and people about the most iconic and shocking perfomances of the vmas, Britney will sure be at #1 :bedtime:

Edit: look at the comments mtv :lessons:

Beyonce probably paid them to be 1st. Anyway python performance is iconic and legendary. fk who cares about that mtv video awards this days. shows r boring. nobody is showing the same caliber of dance and spactacle. Beyonce can be live and singing good with a bunch of ppl but it is usually the same boring choreo. Even Britneys 2016 Billboard Music Awards Performance is more fun to watch. Although i like Beyonces Coachella performance. Her energy is always on top. I miss that in Britney.

• Super Mods
7 minutes ago, zenden78 said:

Beyonce probably paid them to be 1st. Anyway python performance is iconic and legendary. fk who cares about that mtv video awards this days. shows r boring. nobody is showing the same caliber of dance and spactacle. Beyonce can be live and singing good with a bunch of ppl but it is usually the same boring choreo. Even Britneys 2016 Billboard Music Awards Performance is more fun to watch. Although i like Beyonces Coachella performance. Her energy is always on top. I miss that in Britney.

When she’s out of the cship, I think we’ll see that again because she doesn’t have to second guess anything or be cautious or else daddy will not be happy.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

Or why nobody noticed that Christina was also kissed by Madonna.

The shade of it all in that last sentence lmaooo :tifflmao:
I find it mildly entertaining that they're going to pretend Michael Jackson never happened because of the attention-seeker Wade Robson and his laughable allegations lmao. MTV has been. Tbh, the best awards show now is BMA, ever since Britney graced it with her performance in 2016. Won't be watching that mess, for sure :mhm:

18 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

The shade of it all in that last sentence lmaooo :tifflmao:
I find it mildly entertaining that they're going to pretend Michael Jackson never happened because of the attention-seeker Wade Robson and his laughable allegations lmao. MTV has been. Tbh, the best awards show now is BMA, ever since Britney graced it with her performance in 2016. Won't be watching that mess, for sure :mhm:

tbh, I think it also has a lot to do with the fact that Christina had black hair and that fake tan.  I repeat, it's all about the image that the performances leave behind in our minds. 

Dear MTV Britney  for 3 consecutive years she made impressive performances in your shows something complicated to do,How sad that they do not value the excellent work she did.

1999 performance Britney wanted to prove she was good.

2000 performance was perfect and feminist.

2001 performance:

-Visually =10

-Technically=10

Britney made the entrance in a cage with a tiger(Who always forgets) and she dance with a snake in the middle of the performance but also in the performance she spent it dancing funky, jazz,hip hop elements, belly dancing, contemporary elements, all this dance super clean.

Beyonce has danced with energy but never clean and less with technique.

I don't want to imagine what would have happened if Beyonce had had 3 consecutive years of great and iconic performances on MTV.

Ans i don't want to imagine what would what happened if Beyonce had made a show like Britney did in 2001.

Very ungrateful MTV.

8 hours ago, DayvinDazone said:

Wait WHAAAAT!!! How come the costume is silver? Is the edit of the performance uploaded somewhere? She looks gawjuss!!!

I remember it was uploaded on Vimeo and it looked amazing but i searched and it's not there anymore :tiffanycries: that's too bad, because whoever made it not only changed the color of her outfit, but they perfectly edited the audio with more audience sound effect (cause on the YouTube version it sounds like she's performing for a bunch of dead people):tiffanycries:

Archived