I can’t with MTV doing this again and again

So since the 2019 VMAs are drawing in, MTV made a countdown of The Top 10 Mic-Drop Performances Ever.

And you ask me what’s wrong? 

At #2 is Britney’s Iconic 2001 I’m a Slave 4 U performance. An at #1 is Beyonce’s 2016 Lemonade Medley.:juggingu:

Oops!... They Did It Again :juggingu:

A normal 15 minute performance over a young Britney Spears slaying choreography and featuring live animals including her adorning a yellow albino Burmese python across her shoulders and swaying it around the stage :juggingu:

First it was the 2011 VMA Vanguard Award acceptance speech :juggingu:

Then the 2016 VMA Make Me performance overshadowing :juggingu:

And now they’re shading their most iconic performance ever by putting a nothing extra special performance which no one remembers over it :juggingu:

The Queen of the VMAs :juggingu:

Britney made he show what it is today :juggingu:

And this is how y’all repay her? :juggingu:

MTV is Cancelled :juggingu:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we can't fully blame Mtv for that 2016 mess. Literally anything would of overshadowed that performance whether it was Beyonce or....Leona Lewis 

Agree with everything else tho. The snake performance is huge staple of pop culture and has been referenced in tv shows, films, music videos countless times. Can't say the same about that Bey performance tho.

2 hours ago, Do Somethin' said:

LMAO MTV is so delusional tumblr_pa2v7ozhwq1xw7h9io1_250.gif

That boring medley better than "slave 4 u"? tumblr_pa2v7ozhwq1xw7h9io1_250.gif

I asked some people why they think that performance is iconic and they said: ShE dEsTrOyEd A cAmErA wItH a BaSeBaLl BaT, tHaT's IcOnIc1!1!1! LMAO for real?giphy.gif

Even Banana is more iconic than that medley tumblr_pa2v7ozhwq1xw7h9io1_250.gif

2 hours ago, frederiickx said:

VMA's are delusional and that's why they can continue to flop in the ratings. Britney's ICONIC Slave performance is still spoken about today, not that flop Medley.

13 minutes ago, nwonder said:

Well we can't fully blame Mtv for that 2016 mess. Literally anything would of overshadowed that performance whether it was Beyonce or....Leona Lewis 

Agree with everything else tho. The snake performance is huge staple of pop culture and has been referenced in tv shows, films, music videos countless times. Can't say the same about that Bey performance tho.

Can someone explain why her 2001 VMA performance leapfrogged her 2000 VMA performance?

I distinctly remember her 2000 VMA performance being a much bigger deal than the 2001 VMA performance during the times they aired.

26 minutes ago, nwonder said:

Considering the advert that was released in readiness for it. Talk about anti climax...but LBR how iconic could she have made that performance unless she literally had *** with G Problematic on stage... It just wasn't powerful enough of a song 

P.s I miss Leona!! She is truly underated 

MTV needs to get a life. Clearly there’s an vendetta against Britney and Beyoncé is super bitter that she’ll never really be as big as Brit was. That performance was just okay, I actually like the Make Me performance better. I also heard that Bey’s only looked good on TV and made zero sense to those who saw her in person.

but I have to say that Beyoncé always has a big production and puts on good looking live shows and brings it with the visuals and all. I love when pop stars make a great show and make it come to life. I miss the day when Britney had a huge budget for everything.  

5 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

MTV needs to get a life. Clearly there’s an vendetta against Britney and Beyoncé is super bitter that she’ll never really be as big as Brit was. That performance was just okay, I actually like the Make Me performance better. I also heard that Bey’s only looked good on TV and made zero sense to those who saw her in person.

but I have to say that Beyoncé always has a big production and puts on good looking live shows and brings it with the visuals and all. I love when pop stars make a great show and make it come to life. I miss the day when Britney had a huge budget for everything.  

Sis even the infamous and iconic gimme more performance has more replay value than that 1 hour snooze festival :byetina:

1 hour ago, zxcvb said:

Can someone explain why her 2001 VMA performance leapfrogged her 2000 VMA performance?

I distinctly remember her 2000 VMA performance being a much bigger deal than the 2001 VMA performance during the times they aired.

For me, They’re equally amazing and iconic. I really can’t choose between the 2

1 hour ago, UnyewsualYew said:

Considering the advert that was released in readiness for it. Talk about anti climax...but LBR how iconic could she have made that performance unless she literally had *** with G Problematic on stage... It just wasn't powerful enough of a song 

P.s I miss Leona!! She is truly underated 

Agreed. She’s never gonna top her past performances or even match them. But she can still put on a show.

And literally nothing happened in that performance. Like, she came on stage did a bit of yoga for 15 secs against a recycled Beyoncé backdrop and then G-eazy took over in a tribute to himself.

It still baffles me, that team B would  choose to do a comeback VMA performance, given her history, and not come back with a bang. Bah, rant over. 

I noticed that most of Beyoncé's award show / big live event performances use a lot of lighting and have many dancers, which give them this feel of grandiosity. But looking at the Lemonade medley, it's not too special, just some lights and dancing. It's a very basic thing. Seriously, even this girl, Rosalía, whose existence I wasn't even aware of, did something similar AND did it better too at the MTV EMAs 2018:

Britney doesn't flashy effects and a mass of dancers to deliver a great performance. The "IAS4U" performance should've topped that list, it's definitely the best one out of all of those. I also think Madonna's MTV VMAs 1990 performance should've been at least #5. Actually, scrap that, ALL of Madonna's VMAs performances should have been featured in one spot in the top 5. :heresthetea:

To me, however, the best VMAs performance of all time is the Britney, Xtine, Madonna and Missy Elliott performance of "Like A Virgin" / "Hollywood" / "Work It". Seriously, it just doesn't get more iconic than this: two pop princesses that have been pitted against each other since their debut performing together on one stage alongside the queen of pop. Their energy is just IRRESISTIBLE! :unbelievableney: Oh, and then there's The Kiss™! :unbelievableney:

It just does not get more iconic than this.

Also, does anyone know if that Beyoncé performance is available on YouTube, or did she make it TIDAL-exclusive? :jj: :raven: :ineedthetruth:

8 minutes ago, DayvinDazone said:

Lmao. MTV would've probably faced backlash and racism allegations had they put Beyonka with her boring medley at #2 and Britney at #1. The Beyhive would swarm the comment section with complaints about white privilege in America and how Beyonka is more hard-working than anybody in the industry.

Even Banana, the Snake has more excitement in his tail than Beyonka's VMA performances. From the staged pregnancy announcement, to her SPAMMING the VMA stage with unnecessary medleys of songs that sound bland and are impossible to remember due to their chaotic and non-existent melodies.

Whatever, the VMAs are flopping because of this clear bias and the constant agenda pushing and political correctness.

Gimme that tea

giphy.gif

Archived