I can’t with MTV doing this again and again

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

* The python performance goes hand in hand for me with this:

'Fright Night 2' a horror movie about a hot vampire who wants to take revenge for her dear brother's death.

Regine, hosts the homonymous tv show. Take a closer look. Maybe this inspired in part, Britney´s excellent pop slice that night..

On 8/19/2019 at 6:28 AM, zxcvb said:

Can someone explain why her 2001 VMA performance leapfrogged her 2000 VMA performance?

I distinctly remember her 2000 VMA performance being a much bigger deal than the 2001 VMA performance during the times they aired.

It was but I think now, years later, the slave 4 u snake performance is more iconic for whatever reasons. 

Sorry but Britney made MTV in the early 2000s. She was the queen of TRL. Had multiple specials like Making The Video and Diary. Her VMA performances always stole the show. Every performance is just as iconic as the next. Even her controversial 2007 opening (which I live for) is better than anything Beyoncé has ever performed... this list is trash and the VMAs are cancelled.

On 8/19/2019 at 3:58 PM, zxcvb said:

Can someone explain why her 2001 VMA performance leapfrogged her 2000 VMA performance?

I distinctly remember her 2000 VMA performance being a much bigger deal than the 2001 VMA performance during the times they aired.

I guess pop stars these days will take away their clothes on every occasion they can do stripping into a nude bodysuit is not very unusual but you don’t see someone swinging a python around on stage very often :truthtea:

I don’t know if MTV is on Beyoncé’s payroll of if they’re just trolling, but if in their opinion that boring medley is the most iconic performance ever why the hell were they using Britney’s 2001 performance to promote their irrelevant show and not Beyoncé’s? Personally I think they did that because they were afraid they were going to face backlash or racism allegation or because they wanted to hide the fact that their show has been irrelevant for almost a decade.

Archived