Breaking: Britney's Co-Conservator, Andrew Wallet, Requests Court Approve His Request To Resign Immediately

glorybitch

6 hours ago, Catalin said:

Hey @Steel Magnolia, let's say Britney is trying to get out of the conservatorship, does she have to wait until August or things could happen sooner?

I believe things could happen sooner if she were to file papers via her court-appointed lawyer. August just appears to be the yearly check-in date, since it seems to be booked ahead of time, e.g. for one year from the date it is put into the calendar.

08/15/2019 at 8:30 AM in Probate Department 4 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Order to Show Cause Hearing

08/04/2016 in Probate Department 99, Penny, Brenda J., Presiding
Order to Show Cause Hearing - Held - OSC Hearing Off Calendar

06/14/2013 in Stanley Mosk Dept. - 9, Goetz, Reva, Presiding
Order to Show Cause Hearing - Not Held - Motion Off-Calendar

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I believe things could happen sooner if she were to file papers via her court-appointed lawyer. August just appears to be the yearly check-in date, since it seems to be booked ahead of time, e.g. for one year from the date it is put into the calendar.

08/15/2019 at 8:30 AM in Probate Department 4 at 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

I don't understand this. What's happening in august?

5 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

I don't understand this. What's happening in august?

I believe (but am not positive) that the "Order to Show Cause" dates are when the c-ship is reviewed by the court to determine if it is still needed.

The reason I think this is because they're always booked a year in advance. What other possible reason could it be?

18 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Thank you for your reply. I do believe her court-appointed lawyer Samuel Ingham filed the documents on her behalf. The thing is, none of these documents look like a petition or a request ( or whatever they call it) to terminate the conservatorship.

32 minutes ago, Goku said:

Didn't they already? :thinkney:

03/05/2019 Order (Accepting Resignation of Co-Conservator of the Estate :thinkney:

I'm not sure...

"California probate code 2660 addresses the situation in which a conservator feels the need to resign.  Note that the probate code provides that a conservator cannot simply walk out and stop fulfilling his or her duties.  Instead, the conservator is required to file a petition with the court tendering his or her resignation.  Notice of the petition will be given and a hearing will be held to ensure the resignation is proper.  The court will be the one to decide when the conservatorship resignation becomes effective.  In other words, you may be required to continue to serve for a brief period while the court makes arrangements for the continued care of the conservatee.  The court may make any necessary order to provide for an interim conservator. The court may also make orders providing for the settlement of accounts of the resigning conservator and the transfer of the matter to the new conservator."

Source: https://probate.la/can-a-conservator-quit-or-resign-in-california/los-angeles/conservatorship

On 3/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, nels64 said:

Good morning y'all. Just wanted to bump this and ask anyone if there's any new news on the horizon. 

I don't want her team to think we've forgotten about this and we should keep pushing to get answers in terms of the conservatorship. 

I know it's been a pretty uneventful week for Britney related news, but we should at least let our girl know we still have her back! Regardless of what's going on.

32 pages;

779 replies;

60,731 views;

Considering the current situation, I think we are doing pretty great with this one lol.

Archived