Will the outcome of b10 determine the future of Britney Spears?

glorybitch

So done with these conversations tbh :donewithit: thought I’d never unstan Britney but seriously questioning my fan status right now. I think I will stop listening to her music soon since it’s getting boring with nothing new. Since her team just denied her work on b10 I lost all my hope and now listening to Mood Ring on an infinite loop is my only consolation. 2015ney, at least you made good memories for us fans as a singer and dancer. I will never forget your beauty

edit: just changed my mind, definitely not unstanning Britney anytime soon! However, i’ll be disappointed with no new music by the time this summer is over.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really want her to be on top of the charts but the thing is - she doesn’t want it.. 

she started to talk about in her prime.. I guess it was Britney era - she said it’s a best thing when she’s able to sing and dance cause it’s her favourite thing to do but she hates that she has no private life.. it’s a big sacrifice.. after that she’s done many things to have normal life/not to be an icon people want her to be.. 

the saddest part here is that she might loose the passion of singing and dancing too.. things that made her happiest back when she was 20.. :yaknow:

6 hours ago, David Rose said:

She won't be commercially successful with music anymore, I 100% guarantee that and people who dont recognize that are delusional and/or dont understand how charts work. But I don't see her retiring because of that, they'll figure out something for her to do and still make money. She can't just not do anything.

As much as I miss her this break is a good thing. B10 will be boppy no matter what the charts say.

I agree. Music is all Britney has ever done with her life, she won't just stop and do nothing for the rest of her days. But her fans need to stop moaning about her not being all that marketable anymore. Her team lost touch with the general public ages ago, it's true, but music isn't dependable on charts to be good. Despite what some kids think these days, it is perfectly possible to jam to a song that isn't on the iTunes Top 10. 

I wish people would stop treating Britney like a race horse. She obviously could not care less about competing with anyone, or else she'd at least attempt to promote her songs. If she's happy the way her career has been going, then either support that or move on to some other performer. She doesn't need this kind of negativity. 

I think a future tour depends on how Jaden and Sean Preston are and if she feels they'd be up to join her. She is a mother first and foremost, which probably played a big part on her settling in Vegas for so long.

5 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

I think the poor sales of Britney Jean and Glory ended her career. 

Up until and including FF - she was holding her own against tough competition. 

After that - she became a nostalgia act. Throw in her awful team, terrible decisions and pathetic promo and she's now an icon - AKA the GP only care for Toxic. 

She and her team deliberately went for the money in Vegas, forfeiting any 'artistic' integrity or care about her music career for a huge payday; it was already pointed out back then...

"[Back in the day] nobody would promote like she would," he said of Spears' early career, likening her stamina to that of Beyoncé's legendary PR fortitude. "But if Britney's not out there, people will not be paying attention. Career-wise she's in a different place where she's more reliant on promotion to make noise and she just didn't do that."

Part of the reason could be that Spears, a working mother of two young boys, is in intense rehearsals for the upcoming opening of her two-year Las Vegas residency and just might not be in the mood to do six weeks of intense late show and radio promo. "She's making a s----ton of money from that residency, so her model has changed," he said of Spears' reportedly multi-million dollar payday.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1718903/britney-spears-britney-jean-worst-debut/

Money wise, they did absolutely the right thing.  There wasn't much competition in Vegas when she jumped in and her image was still there.  It's just that they deliberately sacrificed her music career for the money in Vegas.

5 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Honestly I feel like her fate sort of is happening now. 

The decline of everything (besides perfumes but maybe that too) qualitywise and sales are pretty hard to ignore...unless you are delusional. 

I don’t even think her past success will carry her much longer performance wise. Domination for example... even Pom dates. Ppl aren’t forking over for the messes anymore. No one really cares what Britney is doing besides a few of us. There is no hype for her music or performance wise and that’s hard to accept because she was unstoppable and a superwoman for so long. 

They literally had tarnished so much of her brand it’s quite shocking. 

But realistically, why should there be hype for her???  I've seen posts on the popjustice forum during the Circus Tour way back from 2009 saying the fans should be blamed for buying into a subpar product.  The Circus Tour/Era was her only comeback.  That's it.  Everything after has just been a grab for money and she got away with it in-part because of her image still mostly being there until 2013.

As for perfumes, most perfume house's newer releases aren't supposed to be best sellers.  Most of the revenue comes from their most popular/signature scent. (A Revlon exec last year said that Fantasy 'remains a strong global performer' today) Fantasy is still a global best-seller.

https://www.musicweek.com/interviews/read/heaven-scent-how-britney-spears-conquered-the-perfume-market/073505

And most of the customers don't give a **** about Britney or her music that's why she can still make a lot of money doing nothing despite her overall lack of relevance. (And she can probably still keep releasing perfumes just because of Fantasy's success.)

As I said, if she doesn't want to return as a great performer or aspire to be one, just enjoy life away from the spotlight.  Yes, she overcame her struggles ONLY during the Circus era.  Everything after was just a money grab.  She is making a considerable amount of money not even working.  Just enjoy life.

5 hours ago, David Rose said:

its not so much about funding her lifestyle as it is her having nothing to do. performing and making music is essentially all she knows.

Why can't she just continue teaching dance to kids?  That should keep her plenty occupied besides making music.

If she wants to come back on stage she should comeback as a more credible performer/evolve.

3 hours ago, David Rose said:

Yes. You need strong streaming numbers to chart well - nobody streams her, especially the younger demographic who make up for most of those numbers. You need support from the radio to chart well - radio stations don’t want to play her anymore because they’re ageist and she’s somewhat irrelevant and not “in.” This is why she hasn’t charted well since FF - streaming became a much bigger part of Billboard’s charting criteria and radio stations stopped playing her music even when the label encouraged them to do so. No perfect song will fix those issues, it’s just the reality of where she is in her career.

And when streaming became a much bigger factor is when she and her team went to Vegas for the money.  Again, they sacrificed her music career for the big Vegas payday.

3 hours ago, xkhingx said:

Britney has said that she cares about the charts etc so of course if an album flops she is going to loose interest, just like glory, at the beginning we had a lot of performances and promo and as soon as slumber party came out and flopped everything stopped and glory was abandoned.:juggingu:

Perhaps, but they totally botched the Make Me Video and the VMA performance.  She was getting TONS of attention before both after the Billboard Awards and they pretty much botched both.

5 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Why can’t yoy guys just appreciate for Britney the artist? Why do you NEED Britney the brand?

Cause Britney, the artist, is nowhere to be found since forever. Britney, the brand, is the last thing left and the last thing they are trying to sell, as a nostalgic act, sadly. 

I mean, it's not like she looked that involved in her projects in the last years... 

How can people feel for her as an artist if everything looks and sounds that manufactured, boring and scripted? The disconnection is real. Even Britney is disconnected from her popstar persona, and it shows so clearly. 

1 hour ago, Lantis said:

Cause Britney, the artist, is nowhere to be found since forever. Britney, the brand, is the last thing left and the last thing they are trying to sell, as a nostalgic act, sadly. 

I mean, it's not like she looked that involved in her projects in the last years... 

How can people feel for her as an artist if everything looks and sounds that manufactured, boring and scripted? The disconnection is real. Even Britney is disconnected from her popstar persona, and it shows so clearly. 

did you just forget about literally everything after the release of Britney Jean (Tom's Diner, Pretty Girls, Glory) or are you choosing to ignore it?

Yes her "brand" is now Britney Spears: The Nostalgia Act, but I think that is exactly what she wants. Britney feels she has nothing left to prove. And honestly. Does she? Yes, the GP has paid her creative choices dust, but her impact on the industry 20 years later is VERY apparent. I don't think a world tour or promo performances on talk shows will change her image any at this point like so many people in this fanbase like to think it would. If that does happen: please bookmark this and rub it in my face when it does happen.

Glory is her at her best. It was poorly managed but we all realize that at this point. In my honest opinion they wanted to do more with that album but a lot went wrong in the beginning. The video, David LaChapelle, Make Me being delayed. Marketing was off. But the product was truly fantastic. Her "artistry" is no longer dancing on stage with a snake or a million-dollar tour with a round LCD screen hanging above the stage. I think the sooner you guys realize her artistry has changed (whether you think it was for the better or for the worst) then you'll be happier.

Britney Spears is just a different artist now. She's also a much different person.

9 hours ago, Betty1994 said:

I think she is still signed for 4 albums after bj. So glory , domination she needs to two more unless she releases a remix and greatest hits. 

She may even release an acoustic which could be really succesful.

***** do not give Team B any ideas with that remix and greatest hits albums instead of new material, cause them ******* will do it in a heartbeat 

1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

did you just forget about literally everything after the release of Britney Jean (Tom's Diner, Pretty Girls, Glory) or are you choosing to ignore it?

Yes her "brand" is now Britney Spears: The Nostalgia Act, but I think that is exactly what she wants. Britney feels she has nothing left to prove. And honestly. Does she? Yes, the GP has paid her creative choices dust, but her impact on the industry 20 years later is VERY apparent. I don't think a world tour or promo performances on talk shows will change her image any at this point like so many people in this fanbase like to think it would. If that does happen: please bookmark this and rub it in my face when it does happen.

Glory is her at her best. It was poorly managed but we all realize that at this point. In my honest opinion they wanted to do more with that album but a lot went wrong in the beginning. The video, David LaChapelle, Make Me being delayed. Marketing was off. But the product was truly fantastic. Her "artistry" is no longer dancing on stage with a snake or a million-dollar tour with a round LCD screen hanging above the stage. I think the sooner you guys realize her artistry has changed (whether you think it was for the better or for the worst) then you'll be happier.

Britney Spears is just a different artist now. She's also a much different person.

Well, in all honesty I'm far from being a huge fan of Glory... I would save like maybe, 4 tracks? And that's it... the rest was quite a snoozefest in my opinion, starting with the lead single. But this is my personal opinion of course... PG? Omg... I would erase that from the planet Earth with a snap of my fingers if I had the chance to. Tom's Diner I truly loved. In the end the cards on the table are still the same... Britney the artist is sleeping and everything else is just based on her past achievements to keep milking her legacy. I mean, not even the few things that get released are actually well made and promoted. So yeah... in the end she just doesn't care, or things would be handled in a very different way. 

If her artistry is no more based on dancing on stage then it's time to move from that and evolve... yet, she is still doing the same... just not in the way she was used to do so. 

7 hours ago, xkhingx said:

Brit has a saying too,If she doesn’t want to continue promoting the album then she doesn’t do it 

Im not saying Britney has no say in anything, but you’re naive to think this. If the singles were selling and the album was selling and radio and streams were strong, her label would have her release more singles and videos, regardless if Britney wanted to or not. Look at the FF era - zero passion from Britney and yet she still went four singles deep, because she was still having commercial success and that’s what the label wanted. It’s about money and Britney has always been very much about making it not just for herself but for everyone around her too. And honestly Britney was invested enough and loved Glory enough to want to get it out there. She wasn’t completely disconnected the way she was with FF/BJ. She was proud of it and you could tell. 

13 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Well Britney can afford to not do anything. She is still making a million plus every year from fragrances and not working despite her declined overall relevance.  So I don't see how her needing to do something is necessary to fund her lifestyle.

The issue is if still has to do something what type of effort she's going to be putting in.

SHe needs to or can be sued for loss of income. Her team will lose money she will look unstable for conservatorship.

7 hours ago, zxcvb said:

She and her team deliberately went for the money in Vegas, forfeiting any 'artistic' integrity or care about her music career for a huge payday; it was already pointed out back then...

"[Back in the day] nobody would promote like she would," he said of Spears' early career, likening her stamina to that of Beyoncé's legendary PR fortitude. "But if Britney's not out there, people will not be paying attention. Career-wise she's in a different place where she's more reliant on promotion to make noise and she just didn't do that."

Part of the reason could be that Spears, a working mother of two young boys, is in intense rehearsals for the upcoming opening of her two-year Las Vegas residency and just might not be in the mood to do six weeks of intense late show and radio promo. "She's making a s----ton of money from that residency, so her model has changed," he said of Spears' reportedly multi-million dollar payday.

Money wise, they did absolutely the right thing.  There wasn't much competition in Vegas when she jumped in and her image was still there.  It's just that they deliberately sacrificed her music career for the money in Vegas.

But realistically, why should there be hype for her???  I've seen posts on the popjustice forum during the Circus Tour way back from 2009 saying the fans should be blamed for buying into a subpar product.  The Circus Tour/Era was her only comeback.  That's it.  Everything after has just been a grab for money and she got away with it in-part because of her image still mostly being there until 2013.

As for perfumes, most perfume house's newer releases aren't supposed to be best sellers.  Most of the revenue comes from their most popular/signature scent. (A Revlon exec last year said that Fantasy 'remains a strong global performer' today) Fantasy is still a global best-seller.

https://www.musicweek.com/interviews/read/heaven-scent-how-britney-spears-conquered-the-perfume-market/073505

And most of the customers don't give a **** about Britney or her music that's why she can still make a lot of money doing nothing despite her overall lack of relevance. (And she can probably still keep releasing perfumes just because of Fantasy's success.)

As I said, if she doesn't want to return as a great performer or aspire to be one, just enjoy life away from the spotlight.  Yes, she overcame her struggles ONLY during the Circus era.  Everything after was just a money grab.  She is making a considerable amount of money not even working.  Just enjoy life.

Why can't she just continue teaching dance to kids?  That should keep her plenty occupied besides making music.

If she wants to come back on stage she should comeback as a more credible performer/evolve.

And when streaming became a much bigger factor is when she and her team went to Vegas for the money.  Again, they sacrificed her music career for the big Vegas payday.

Perhaps, but they totally botched the Make Me Video and the VMA performance.  She was getting TONS of attention before both after the Billboard Awards and they pretty much botched both.

Her team keeps making stupid decisions.If she had an iconic VMA  performance in 2016 then everyone would be talking about her again

8 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I don’t disagree. There really shouldn’t be since she really has nothing to offer anymore. She used to offer everything. Maybe besides good music but it also is a major letdown when me a fan cares about the music more than the artist. 

I agree. I used to die just thinking of her retiring but now I sort of wish it. If that is what will make her happy. 

19 minutes ago, xkhingx said:

Her team keeps making stupid decisions.If she had an iconic VMA  performance in 2016 then everyone would be talking about her again

What does that even mean? 

What would be iconic.

It isn’t just one thing that Britney would need to improve and change it is almost everything she and her team currently are. 

She's not a 'new and upcoming' or 'teen' artist anymore.  It's very difficult for anyone from her era or before to be as successful as they used to be.  However, even new artists are not as successful as the big names in Britney's prime because the industry has changed as a whole.  Labels are cheaper on their marketing budgets, and most people don't buy albums/tracks anymore as it's all related to streaming now. Which in a way is a good thing since most artists would be a complete flop if we solely look at album sales vs. album/song streams.

Britney's future has already been determined by the questionable career choices she made since xfactor.

Everything except POM was a fast cashout, she hasn't had endorsement deals that stick for longer in almost a decade. Being a face for one fashion line for one shoot, jumping in and out of deals like she or her team are incapable of pulling through with made contracts... It leaves a bad taste for all involved parties.

And on a music and artistic side, she has not been consistent in any way either. LaChapelle, Iggy, producers... It's like team B gets on board and suddenly the ship sinks and Britney stands there unbothered by any of it on her little Isle of fluffy unicorns asking for the next vacancy. She's the epitomy of clueless when it's about her path and her career that she's so obnoxious about.

Behind the scenes I'm absolutely sure, she and her team are flagged as not easy to work with by several parties including her record label.

If Britney does a good lead single with a very good/****/fresh/promiscuous video she’ll be on top again. This is how charts works. Everybody loves the **** Britney, this is what everybody expects by Britney. People don’t wanna see video like Make Me they wanna see something like Toxic, Womanizer. People wanna see Britney dancing and be iconic. VMA performance was good but nothing special. She must release a very very good album and do better performances, with good scenography and not basic performance like other basic pop stars.

2 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

If Britney does a good lead single with a very good/****/fresh/promiscuous video she’ll be on top again. This is how charts works. Everybody loves the **** Britney, this is what everybody expects by Britney. People don’t wanna see video like Make Me they wanna see something like Toxic, Womanizer. People wanna see Britney dancing and be iconic. VMA performance was good but nothing special. She must release a very very good album and do better performances, with good scenography and not basic performance like other basic pop stars.

Delusional stan. I don't mean to be rude but you're one of the ones who don't quite get it.

Archived